Is it time for Raid god augments?

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@tim.4596 said:Those topic are starting to feel old, and it's already been said more than a 1,000 times: raids aren't too difficult , and if you do T4 fractals, you should have no issue getting into raids. So to be honest, I am not too sure if people are simply trolling at this point or if they are complaining that they can't get directly from open world to raids...

If this is the case, that'd be trying to take a shortcut without proper knowledge of gw2 combat instanced, as it is very different from open world which doesn't require you to manage boons, or a workable teamcomp/builds. Then the result as expected should be ultimate failure. Since raids are meant to be 1 level above fractals.

It's like starting a new game on the most difficult level of difficulty without having played easy or normal mode first, and asking why you're failing, and that the hard mode should be nerfed.... Are you serious?

But other games throw people at raiding fairly quickly. The dungeon only phase in wow is pretty short if you're a dedicated raider, your ilvl should be high enough from the previous tier to go straight into the next. As i'm pushing further into this game, i'm starting to understand this from the perspective of the high barriers on the appropriate gear that takes a while to collect for raid purposes. In fact games like WoW have lfr and low level training raids each tier too. It's expected that you can jump into raids pretty quick in other games and i think that's where a lot of disconnect comes from when vets from GW2 talk to newer players coming from other games.

Exotic gear is more than fine for raiding in GW2, especially for dps (which still make up at least 6 of 10 slots in raid compositions).

A player who spends 10 minutes with exotic gear on the damage golem practicing and understanding his class will severely outperform a players in ascended gear who did not.

I really do not understand this obsession people have with ascended gear. Not even the math makes any sense if one compares the stats between exotic and ascended. The most expensive ascended items (armor) barely provide ANY stat advantage over exotic (around 2%, this has been pointed out and calculated multiple times by now). The ascended items with semi significant stat advantage (as in you would notice a difference if similar experienced, but still by far to little to carry inexperience) trinkets, are widely available and take days of casual play to acquire. Ascended weapons by now are also awarded left and right via achievements, easy one time doable collections, etc.

Over emphasizing ascended gear will lead only to 1 thing (and/or are a sign of):A persons lack of understanding how this games itemization works as well as: will result in significant disappointment when the results, once ascended gear is acquired, do not match the expectations.

Are you talking about the person I'm responding to who's saying you should be doing t4 fractals before raiding? I never mentioned ascended gear. Even a new player, coming in with nothing, is going to take a while to even get a good exotic set together that isn't the default set handed you from a boosted toon. 30-50g per profession doesn't look like much for leveling, but it's harder to come by without professions to do the conversions. IN other games PVE progression is pretty much hopping from one piece of content to the next, no crafting in between. I'm not saying GW2's approach is bad, but I'm just saying it takes more effort.

@Firebeard.1746 said:

@tim.4596 said:Those topic are starting to feel old, and it's already been said more than a 1,000 times: raids aren't too difficult , and if you do T4 fractals, you should have no issue getting into raids. So to be honest, I am not too sure if people are simply trolling at this point or if they are complaining that they can't get directly from open world to raids...

If this is the case, that'd be trying to take a shortcut without proper knowledge of gw2 combat instanced, as it is very different from open world which doesn't require you to manage boons, or a workable teamcomp/builds. Then the result as expected should be ultimate failure. Since raids are meant to be 1 level above fractals.

It's like starting a new game on the most difficult level of difficulty without having played easy or normal mode first, and asking why you're failing, and that the hard mode should be nerfed.... Are you serious?

But other games throw people at raiding fairly quickly. The dungeon only phase in wow is pretty short if you're a dedicated raider, your ilvl should be high enough from the previous tier to go straight into the next. As i'm pushing further into this game, i'm starting to understand this from the perspective of the high barriers on the appropriate gear that takes a while to collect for raid purposes. In fact games like WoW have lfr and low level training raids each tier too. It's expected that you can jump into raids pretty quick in other games and i think that's where a lot of disconnect comes from when vets from GW2 talk to newer players coming from other games.

Exotic gear is more than fine for raiding in GW2, especially for dps (which still make up at least 6 of 10 slots in raid compositions).

A player who spends 10 minutes with exotic gear on the damage golem practicing and understanding his class will severely outperform a players in ascended gear who did not.

I really do not understand this obsession people have with ascended gear. Not even the math makes any sense if one compares the stats between exotic and ascended. The most expensive ascended items (armor) barely provide ANY stat advantage over exotic (around 2%, this has been pointed out and calculated multiple times by now). The ascended items with semi significant stat advantage (as in you would notice a difference if similar experienced, but still by far to little to carry inexperience) trinkets, are widely available and take days of casual play to acquire. Ascended weapons by now are also awarded left and right via achievements, easy one time doable collections, etc.

Over emphasizing ascended gear will lead only to 1 thing (and/or are a sign of):A persons lack of understanding how this games itemization works as well as: will result in significant disappointment when the results, once ascended gear is acquired, do not match the expectations.

Are you talking about the person I'm responding to who's saying you should be doing t4 fractals before raiding? I never mentioned ascended gear. Even a new player, coming in with nothing, is going to take a while to even get a good exotic set together that isn't the default set handed you from a boosted toon. 30-50g per profession doesn't look like much for leveling, but it's harder to come by without professions to do the conversions. IN other games PVE progression is pretty much hopping from one piece of content to the next, no crafting in between. I'm not saying GW2's approach is bad, but I'm just saying it takes more effort.

A full set of berserker gear costs around 20g on the TP. If the player did not boost, then the monthly rewards alone in Mystic Coins would easily cover that expense, not to mention the dailies. Add in Runes and Sigils, potentially going for cheaper not meta ones (like Eagle over Scholar) and you can shave off another dozen of gold in gearing after the inital investment into gear.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

A full set of berserker gear costs around 20g on the TP. If the player did not boost, then the monthly rewards alone in Mystic Coins would easily cover that expense, not to mention the dailies. Add in Runes and Sigils, potentially going for cheaper not meta ones (like Eagle over Scholar) and you can shave off another dozen of gold in gearing after the inital investment into gear.

Sounds like a super robust system, implicitly expecting players to pick up a single role and using professions with the cheapest armor set. Nothing bad could happen in that world. I don't have the time to fact check you, but my hunch, is that this is a cloth set.

@Firebeard.1746 said:

@"tim.4596" said:Those topic are starting to feel old, and it's already been said more than a 1,000 times: raids aren't too difficult , and if you do T4 fractals, you should have no issue getting into raids. So to be honest, I am not too sure if people are simply trolling at this point or if they are complaining that they can't get directly from open world to raids...

Sounds like a super robust system, implicitly expecting players to pick up a single role and using professions with the cheapest armor set. Nothing bad could happen in that world. I don't have the time to fact check you, but my hunch, is that this is a cloth set.

Heavy: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Devona%27s_armorTotal cost for the armor: 5.96 gold buy order/8.6 gold instant buy

Not sure what heavy versus light has to do with anything. If at all, light is even more expensive (but also not far above 11 gold for an entire armor set). Now factor in for weapons (2-3 gold each instant buy, tops) and trinkets, and you get around 20 gold for a full exotic berserker setup. Maybe a bit more if you have to instant buy everything on the spot.

EDIT: and before it comes up, the equivalent sets for medium and light are Nika's (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Nika%27s_armor) and Zhed's (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zhed%27s_armor) respectively. They will all show up if one uses the TP sort options at the top for power/precision/ferocity exotic gear.

all fractal players make fg long time ago. And this is not super motivated argument, this is only side effect from dayli runs.

about split light and hard - if I can't complete achivment on light mode - there is no any point to start that at all.This is only my vision, but I am sure I am not only one about raids..

yes, we can make diferect hard mode, and chill.From chill remove any gold reward, in hard make it 20%+ harde and give 2g from each boss.

So for example my: I don't go to reaids, but like Grot strike mission. If someone make nerfed raids, but still close all ahivs for me no any reason go there ..

But as for me there is no any problem that someone don't farm raids. There is al lot off other content.

in my gw2 on wvw to much people .. And I don't like it also. Toaday will be 100+ quene on ebg then I come home ..Or we play different games?

Didn't you receive an Ascended Weapon of your choice from the HoT story? Trinkets are easy enough if you spend a few hours farming map currencies. That't something you will end up doing no matter if you are going to raid or not. Meaning all you should require at first is a set of exotic gear and a second weapon or two which is/are dirt cheap. Gold is sooo much easier to come by plus exotic Berserker's costing somewhere between 1/5 to 1/10 of what we used to pay for it back when we only had exotics and anyone only ever used Berserker.