FPS drop since the last update

Hey, so when I logged in this morning, I've noticed some unusual lags and a constant 25ish FPS drop, whether I'm in a city or even in an empty map. I tried to lower the graphic settings to the minimum just to check, and it didn't change anything, even at the lowest graphic settings, my game is running at ~20 FPS, instead of 50-60 ( and 40 in populated areas) with high/highest settings. I guess it might be related to the small update I had to do this morning as my game was running smoothly yesterday night, but I didn't see anyone complaining about it in game.

Is anybody experiencing the same trouble ?

Thanks !

I also have 20 FPS, after the last patch, I always had 50-60 and even 70 on minimum settings, now I have 20, on minimum graphics settings, Macbook pro Retina mid 2014, i7, 16GB Ram, Nvidia GT750M, server (EU), just a lack of game smoothness, all the time when you move, there are such a small jam and it is not fluid but it skips all the time, something like a micro lag.

it's impossible to play this game anymore, it's a pity because I liked it a lot, but after the last patch there is a drama from FPS. Macbook pro retina mid 2014, 16GB ram, Nvidia GT750M, even at minimal graphics settings it is impossible to play, there are jams all the time. Well, I give up further games, there are other equally good and better-performing ones. Greetings to all game developers, if you keep doing this, no one will want to play.

@szati.3106 said:it's impossible to play this game anymore, it's a pity because I liked it a lot, but after the last patch there is a drama from FPS. Macbook pro retina mid 2014, 16GB ram, Nvidia GT750M, even at minimal graphics settings it is impossible to play, there are jams all the time. Well, I give up further games, there are other equally good and better-performing ones. Greetings to all game developers, if you keep doing this, no one will want to play.

You might be interested in the Dev posts on this issue, and the upcoming fix.

I'm also getting this. i7 4790 gtx 1050ti. Not amazing but in solo areas my fps went from 60-70 down to 20-25. Thanks anet!

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@szati.3106 said:it's impossible to play this game anymore, it's a pity because I liked it a lot, but after the last patch there is a drama from FPS. Macbook pro retina mid 2014, 16GB ram, Nvidia GT750M, even at minimal graphics settings it is impossible to play, there are jams all the time. Well, I give up further games, there are other equally good and better-performing ones. Greetings to all game developers, if you keep doing this, no one will want to play.

Mind posting the link plz?

Ok guys so for those of you who still have the same issue as me, I fixed this by uninstalling and reinstalling my graphic drivers. For some reason, GW2 refused to run on my GPU and was instead running on the motherboard's graphic chipset. I don't know why this happened right after I made the update, and why windows kept on telling me that it was running on the GPU, which was wrong, but yeah, this has done the trick.

• 1 year later...

@Fueki.4753 said:This happened every new update for years now.Some people get lags, fps drops, and other connection issues, while other people stop having these problems.

It's really weird and most likely a server-side problem.

Didn't anet usually ignore this issue though I mean like if it is related to server problem they usually don't want to fix it?

@DKRathalos.9625 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:This happened every new update for years now.Some people get lags, fps drops, and other connection issues, while other people stop having these problems.

It's really weird and most likely a server-side problem.

Didn't anet usually ignore this issue though I mean like if it is related to server problem they usually don't want to fix it?

We don't even know if Arenanet is in any position to fix any server issues.After all, the game is on Amazon Web Servers.I don't know if Arenanet can do something or if Amazon would need to fix the issues.

@Razor.6392 said:I'm also getting this. i7 4790 gtx 1050ti. Not amazing but in solo areas my fps went from 60-70 down to 20-25. Thanks anet!

Mind posting the link plz?

I would also love to see this post because i also have strange drops since a few days back especially noticable in WvW blob fights where my fps plummets to 25 at times where normally i could easily hold 40fps. Already tried reinstalling drivers,repairing client,removing local.dat etc,nothing fixes the issue.