A Tip for Non-Warclaw Players

Svarty.8019

When you're working towards the Warclaw, I recommend you use a shortbow thief to keep up with the zerg.You can switch back to the class you like playing after you have the Warclaw, but trying to keep up on, say, a Scourge is ... unlikely, fatal, and not recommended.[Tip ends (as all tips do)]

It would be better to pick a class that can contribute more to a zerg when you actually get there. There is no point in finding a juicy zerg fight if you can't just dive in. So I think Spellbreaker (gs/sword/shield mobility) is a good idea since you can just switch to a zerg spellbreaker when you get there. They can also easily contribute to any fight they come across too. Rocket Boots + Stealth Scrapper Engi does something similar.

Also feel free to complain in map chat about gankers on the road; usually people will look for stuff to do.

Exp booster and follow commanders that are willing to work with you (scout designation or otherwise) until you get it IMO. Staff daredevil with staff+shortbow is only going to work if you have something to hit that is off the main group. Scrapper with superspeed is a decent pick as well.

I actually tagged up the first week of warclaw to help PvE-only people out that were there just for the mount so that people that normally WvW can get in instead of people that will never return to WvW. (Because I'd rather not have people arguing in team chat about why it is so hard.)

Anyway I am surprised there hasn't been warclaw rental of some kind yet , the stall with the vendor is sort of useless once you get the mount.