Alliance vs New World

pukish.5784

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Chaba.5410 said:Depends upon if you like faction/world based RvRvR or open world PvP/GvG. The rumors surrounding New World PvP are pretty negative right now.

A lot of games before launch now get hyped up as an mmorpg but when they launch they end up being obviously a survival game dressed up with some rpg elements or a complete non mmo mobile game. That's if they ever launch, seems like some dev teams stay afloat staying in development knowing the larger audience around an advertised launch can expose them.

@kash.9213 said:

@"Chaba.5410" said:Depends upon if you like faction/world based RvRvR or open world PvP/GvG. The rumors surrounding New World PvP are pretty negative right now.

A lot of games before launch now get hyped up as an mmorpg but when they launch they end up being obviously a survival game dressed up with some rpg elements or a complete non mmo mobile game. That's if they ever launch, seems like some dev teams stay afloat staying in development knowing the larger audience around an advertised launch can expose them.

New World was always advertised as a "sandbox MMO" though, as opposed to the typical theme park MMO.

@"Ubi.4136" said:Didn't they just change it so that open world pvp now requires you to "opt in"? Meaning, all you are gonna see is gank groups who 10v1 and then turn off their pvp flag so they can't be hit back. Not even worth the time to install it.

Yep, optional flag open pvp... Not long for the world, never has been. Take launch week off work for the leveling curve fun then into the dustbin before things get too political.

@"Ubi.4136" said:Didn't they just change it so that open world pvp now requires you to "opt in"? Meaning, all you are gonna see is gank groups who 10v1 and then turn off their pvp flag so they can't be hit back. Not even worth the time to install it.

That's the negative rumor which is why there's a dev blog on the subject that everyone is waiting for. If it is true, the game will be DoA. But I'm sure the theme park MMO players will all love it because that's what they wanted (for two months before they move onto the next game).

To be fair, the "opt in" idea was reported by a German games journal that is more like a tabloid than actual news. Supposedly the line that said there was "opt in" was removed too.

So what we see in the video - dodge then instakill.

Sounds like WvWers might love it, no one ever complains about instakills.

(and yes that kind of damage actually matches whats seen in earlier video, if you thought rapid fire was bad in NW clips a bow autoattack seemed to take 50%+ hp).

Edit: oh and if they now got opt in open world... lol.

@Dawdler.8521 said:So what we see in the video - dodge then instakill.

(and yes that kind of damage actually matches whats seen in earlier video, if you thought rapid fire was bad in NW clips a bow autoattack seemed to take 50%+ hp).

Bruh. Run toughness. There's dmg reduction food. Stop running 0 toughness builds and complain about other people's dmg....

@bigo.9037 said:

Bruh. Run toughness. There's dmg reduction food. Stop running 0 toughness builds and complain about other people's dmg....

Glass cannons blowing up other glass cannons who are trying to blow up other players but it's not fair somehow rofl ;-)

But players facetanking eachother... much big skillz.

https://www.newworld.com/en-us/news/articles/the-evolution-of-new-worlds-pvp

Everyone was vulnerable to attack, at any time, from other players in the rest of the world. In order to attack, players would flag Criminal Intent. If you died as a Criminal you would experience full gear and inventory loss. If you died to a Criminal you would lose all of your inventory but keep your equipped gear with durability damage taken.

One of the problems we observed with this system was that some high level players were killing low level players, A LOT. Sometimes exclusively. This often led to solo or group griefing scenarios that created a toxic environment for many players.

Gee who woulda thunk it...

To be specific, by PvP we mean, fair fights that are organized, skill based, and opted into by all participants. Not PKing (Player Killing), which is a predatory behavior that relies on exploiting another player’s lack of experience, progress, readiness, or willingness.

They seem to get it, but then they don't.

@"XenesisII.1540" said:https://www.newworld.com/en-us/news/articles/the-evolution-of-new-worlds-pvp

Companies will declare War on territories they wish to take over, draft a roster of 50 combatants, and agree on timing for the battle. The War will take place on a protected battlefield, keeping anyone who isn’t confirmed to participate, out.

Excuse me good sir! (or madam)

I hereby declare that I desire to conquer and colonize your lands. I am led to understand that you oppose this action.

Please do me the honor of meeting on the field of battle Tuesday afternoon at 4pm server time so that we might resolve this conflict.

Cordially,No one.

@coro.3176 said:

@"XenesisII.1540" said:

Companies will declare War on territories they wish to take over, draft a roster of 50 combatants, and agree on timing for the battle. The War will take place on a protected battlefield, keeping anyone who isn’t confirmed to participate, out.

Excuse me good sir! (or madam)

I hereby declare that I desire to conquer and colonize your lands. I am led to understand that you oppose this action.

Please do me the honor of meeting on the field of battle Tuesday afternoon at 4pm server time so that we might resolve this conflict.

Cordially,No one.

You mock, but that is an anti-offline-raiding/anti-nightcapping mechanic. And it isn't even the part that people interested in NW are complaining about because it's a good mechanic. How many complaints about nightcapping have there been in this game for years now?

@"XenesisII.1540" said:https://www.newworld.com/en-us/news/articles/the-evolution-of-new-worlds-pvp

Everyone was vulnerable to attack, at any time, from other players in the rest of the world. In order to attack, players would flag Criminal Intent. If you died as a Criminal you would experience full gear and inventory loss. If you died to a Criminal you would lose all of your inventory but keep your equipped gear with durability damage taken.

One of the problems we observed with this system was that some high level players were killing low level players, A LOT. Sometimes exclusively. This often led to solo or group griefing scenarios that created a toxic environment for many players.

Gee who woulda thunk it...

It was hoped they would have balanced it better by having further protections for new players, but they decided instead to 180 into opt-in PvP and thus seemingly remove the resource management/resource contesting side of the game. As an example, imagine GW2 WvW where you couldn't disrupt an enemy's ability to get supply (taking camps and using supply traps) to build siege or repair walls. Or Age of Empires where you can't kill peasants. I hope AGS has a solution for that.

@Justine.6351 said:

Glass cannons blowing up other glass cannons who are trying to blow up other players but it's not fair somehow rofl ;-)

Because having 3k+ armor is glass, while still taking 10k dmg by an aoe skill. Yep, sure is a fun experience. And also very, very skillful to kill someone in a 50 man zerg, randomly, because he was unlucky enough to get hit by 2 10k dmg skills in 1 sec.

@RedShark.9548 said:

Because having 3k+ armor is glass, while still taking 10k dmg by an aoe skill. Yep, sure is a fun experience. And also very, very skillful to kill someone in a 50 man zerg, randomly, because he was unlucky enough to get hit by 2 10k dmg skills in 1 sec.

Reeeee my amazing 3k armor build takes damage from a damage dealer reeeee. All I should have to do is stack toughness and nobody hurts me anymore!

Did aegis, protection, barrier, -10% damage food and corrupting might to weakness suddenly fall out of usage? You're the zerg master so you will have to tell me.

Balanced StanceDefy PainLast Stand

All big damage reduction too