Ah yes...Dragonball Arena...

Yea dragon ball needs the volunteer aspect of team balance removed and maybe a rejoin delay of 15 min added to anyone who leaves and tries to reenter a match within said time gets told they cannot rejoin yet. Its a fun game mode, but its rare to have decently balanced teams because people can just leave and rejoin plus the fact that people have to volunteer to change to the losing side when people leave otherwise the teams stay way off. Its kinda dumb that this has been like this. People complain about it each year and it never changes. This is why content like dragonball never gets used.

I have to say, Dragonball is a very unattractive activity, but I think the main issue with it is that the achievements themselves foster a very unhealthy set of habits within the player base.

I've always stuck to the belief that the achievements associated with any particular game mode should never in any way define or enforce how people play in said game mode. For example, if you make an achievement that requires players to pick up a certain power up 10 times, especially when it's a finite resource that only one out of ten players can collect before it disappears on a cooldown, then you're cultivating a scenario where players are distracted from what they're meant to be doing in the game, and encouraging poor play. Instead of playing strategically, and moving according to what's best for the match, players are taking needless risks or exposing themselves to easy kills in favor of the opposing team because they're trying to hover around the power up spawn points in question just so they can get them before anyone else does.

The same goes for the achievement for healing 8000-and-something% of your maximum life. I've played quite a few matches and I really try to avoid damage, but because I try to avoid damage as much as possible, the amount I've healed for that achievement is still very low. Unless I actively go out of my way to get damaged just to heal more, I cannot foresee myself completing that achievement. Again, its a situation where counter productive play (going out of the way to get damaged) is encouraged. And of course, someone else already mentioned the 'wins' achievement encouraging players to abandon losing matches.

All-in-all, I think the achievements need to be reworked. Even for those who just want to play Dragon Ball for fun and who don't care about the achievements, they're having their time ruined because of the habits the pursuit of said achievements encourage.

@Tenrai Senshi.2017 said:I have to say, Dragonball is a very unattractive activity, but I think the main issue with it is that the achievements themselves foster a very unhealthy set of habits within the player base.

I've always stuck to the belief that the achievements associated with any particular game mode should never in any way define or enforce how people play in said game mode. For example, if you make an achievement that requires players to pick up a certain power up 10 times, especially when it's a finite resource that only one out of ten players can collect before it disappears on a cooldown, then you're cultivating a scenario where players are distracted from what they're meant to be doing in the game, and encouraging poor play. Instead of playing strategically, and moving according to what's best for the match, players are taking needless risks or exposing themselves to easy kills in favor of the opposing team because they're trying to hover around the power up spawn points in question just so they can get them before anyone else does.

The same goes for the achievement for healing 8000-and-something% of your maximum life. I've played quite a few matches and I really try to avoid damage, but because I try to avoid damage as much as possible, the amount I've healed for that achievement is still very low. Unless I actively go out of my way to get damaged just to heal more, I cannot foresee myself completing that achievement. Again, its a situation where counter productive play (going out of the way to get damaged) is encouraged. And of course, someone else already mentioned the 'wins' achievement encouraging players to abandon losing matches.

All-in-all, I think the achievements need to be reworked. Even for those who just want to play Dragon Ball for fun and who don't care about the achievements, they're having their time ruined because of the habits the pursuit of said achievements encourage.

I wonder why lovely people like you try to help the developers to improve their game? It's curious how keen we are to engage in this exercise in futility.