Are blood rubies and petrified wood supposed to take weeks?

Rickz.6230

Just got to LW3, and understand that to get an ascended back item I need 500 of either blood ruby or petrified wood. Generally, harvesting all the nodes, doing dailies and buying from karma vendors nets me 15-25 every day of each, a bit over 30 if im lucky. This would at best take 16 days of spending 20-30 minutes daily in each map farming. Am I missing something or is this an insufferable grind? At least make the damn nodes always drop 3 like literally everywhere else in the world.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ayakaru.6583 said:Should we tell OP about kralkatite ore?

One thing i usually do is, park all my alts at the easiest heart, and quickly repeat it ~10 times.It's mindnumbing, but usually beats the 'proper' way. Some hearts even have a ridiculously trick to them

I feel like im gonna have an easy time whenever i decide to do that collection. Ive never ever bought anything with Kralk orr, and ive just been hoarding any i get from the daily BLC delivery..

People forget that those amounts are set to the point of time when the specific map with its currency is actively played by lots of players a.k.a. around the release of the associated ls episode. It was not meant for people that starting later on and want the same "rewards" in a lesser amount of time.There's no point in complaining. Relax and do your stuff - see it as a goal and be happy that you still have something to do because things can turn pretty fast.

@Dante.1763 said:

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:Should we tell OP about kralkatite ore?

One thing i usually do is, park all my alts at the easiest heart, and quickly repeat it ~10 times.It's mindnumbing, but usually beats the 'proper' way. Some hearts even have a ridiculously trick to them

I feel like im gonna have an easy time whenever i decide to do that collection. Ive never ever bought anything with Kralk orr, and ive just been hoarding any i get from the daily BLC delivery..

well.. if you can still deposit them; "it's not enough"

@Dante.1763 said:

If I am reading correctly each weapon skin requires 500 kralkatite? So, EIGHT THOUSAND kralkatite ore to do this collection? I'm sorry, but that seems absolutely insane to me.

Just farm the gold and buy the nodes, its a hard investment but you'll get a full set of Ascended trinkets every 30 days once you have all the nodes, two sets if you get the LS4 nodes too and buy extra currency from the Dragonfall vendors every day.

Otherwise you're looking at alot of heart farming in your future if you have more than one character.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

well.. if you can still deposit them; "
it's not enough
"

Thats what my bank tabs are for! :D

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

If I am reading correctly each weapon skin requires 500 kralkatite? So, EIGHT THOUSAND kralkatite ore to do this collection? I'm sorry, but that seems absolutely insane to me.

and yes, it is absurd, its why im not actively working on it. Ill get them when i get the mats.

@"Rickz.6230" said:Just got to LW3, and understand that to get an ascended back item I need 500 of either blood ruby or petrified wood. Generally, harvesting all the nodes, doing dailies and buying from karma vendors nets me 15-25 every day of each, a bit over 30 if im lucky. This would at best take 16 days of spending 20-30 minutes daily in each map farming. Am I missing something or is this an insufferable grind? At least make the kitten nodes always drop 3 like literally everywhere else in the world.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_back_itemYou need:

• 200 Bloodstone Rubiesor
  • 200 Perified Woodor
  • 400 Winterberriesor
  • 200 Jade Shards

and 5,000 Unbound Magic

or

• 200 Orrian Pearl and 315,000 Karma

Not 500 Bloodstone Shards. As far as collecting them, the easiest is to map complete (rather fast since no Hearts and a low amount of POI and Vistas) and gather with multiple characters. Depending on how well you are off, you can get the teleport scroll, make new characters which you power level with scrolls and tomes and then map complete and gather.

I don’t even have to think about doing things I don’t like by:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bloodstone_Fen_Reward_Track

And

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ember_Bay_Reward_Track

I try to keep 1000 of each in my bank storage so I can buy new things when they pop out or if I don’t want to use WvW currency.

Also, the potions from daily’s add to these as well.

But of course, no one can be bothered to play WvW.

Gl.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

Its not as bad as it can be, in that each heart vender gives 25 when you buy the bundle which equals about 75 ore a day, and the bajora marches conversion is 25 to 25+karma and I can get about 75 to 90 ice from just going around the map noding so minimum a month or two if you really hammer and tongs it. Admittedly it still sucks that you cant go to the map itself and just farm nodes easy for it, and that before bajora it wasn't NEARLY as fast.

@Head Kracker.4790 said:

Its not as bad as it can be, in that each heart vender gives 25 when you buy the bundle which equals about 75 ore a day, and the bajora marches conversion is 25 to 25+karma and I can get about 75 to 90 ice from just going around the map noding so minimum a month or two if you really hammer and tongs it. Admittedly it still sucks that you cant go to the map itself and just farm nodes easy for it, and that before bajora it wasn't NEARLY as fast.

Ohh I see, so the currency is valued lower than other currencies at later vendors to compensate. Nice touch. I was going to say....8000!?

@Dante.1763 said:

Dont you need like 4k karlk ore?

The approx equivalence for general lw currencies to berries/kralks is roughly 1:2:5 or so, iirc.

And that applies to both vendor costs, magic value and acquisition ease.

The glorious benefit for kralk ore is they waste 5 times as much space.

(and that u only need 250 of them for skyscale, which makes it 1/5 the pain of the others)

@Rickz.6230 said:Just got to LW3, and understand that to get an ascended back item I need 500 of either blood ruby or petrified wood. Generally, harvesting all the nodes, doing dailies and buying from karma vendors nets me 15-25 every day of each, a bit over 30 if im lucky. This would at best take 16 days of spending 20-30 minutes daily in each map farming. Am I missing something or is this an insufferable grind? At least make the kitten nodes always drop 3 like literally everywhere else in the world.

You don;t need 500 BR for a backpack. You need 550 for an entire set of 4 pieces: 2 Rings + 1 Amulet + 1 Backpack. If you attune one of the rings and the other is left unchanged, you can wear both rings.

@Dante.1763 said:Do it on multiple characters, finish mapping the maps too, wont take anywhere near as long. It is however a bit tedious.

In the beginning, the BR nodes had a double hard cap: per character and per account. The cap for account was only a few BR nodes higher than the character cap. So, you are limited here by the number of nodes you can harvest per day. The same in the Ember Bay (the skritt map with Petrified Wood)I don't know if this is now changed because I never farmed BR with 2 or more characters.

@OP - a good help is the BR node you can buy from the map. It gives you only 3 BR per day, but if you gather your Home Instance daily and if you don't need Ruby every day, you will see that the number of BR is going up in time.

As a note - it seems that the "increased chance" for a BR was only a temporary one. Because I remember that in the past I had 20 - 25 BR on average. With days having only 14 as a drop and days with +30. I tried a Bloodstone Fen farm after the "increased chance" and I reached 40-45 for several days. After the change to daily rewards in LS3 maps I farmed again for 2 weeks. This time the result was around 20-22 every day. With spikes when the daily was in Bloodstone. But overall, less than after the "increased chance".