Adding New Skills by Making Up for the Missing Core Healing & Elite Skills, Yes or No?

Virtuality.8351

This post is to advocate for new skills for the core professions, specifically for completing the missing Healing and Elite skills for several slot skill sets.

Since we are not expecting another expansion in the near future, and many of us are a bit tired of existing builds and combinations, maybe this is not a bad idea! (Particularly regarding that the rework of Traps skills of Thief into Preparation was very well received.) At least it should not be as much work as creating a new and complete elite specialization!

So, here is a list of slot skill sets with Healing and/or Elite skills missing. Proposals are welcome, and I'll update the post from time to time accordingly. See if we can develop on this idea.

Guardian

• Consecration: Missing Healing and Elite.Also, Shelter has been long plead for to be added to this skill set. Maybe this could be achieved with some modification?Say, it also provides a Light field that pulses Aegis periodically for a short span. This is how I personally imagine it to be:

Shelter (Cast: 1.5 s / Cooldown: 30 s)Block attacks while Healing. Create a shelter that heals and grant Aegis to allies.Self Healing: 4555 (0.7)Block Duration: 2 sAoE Duration: 2 sAoE Radius: 240AoE Heal: 1000 (1.0)AoE Aegies: 1 sAoE Interval: 1 sAoE Combo Field: Light(Only the AoE duration may be increased via Master of Consecrations)

• Spirit Weapon: Missing Healing and Elite.How about, say, Staff or Focus as the theme for Healing (and maybe another Spirit Weapon skin as well) and Greatsword for Elite? For the latter, I am thinking something like the picture of the tarot card, Ten of Swords. Also, maybe change the primary function of Bow of Truth. My suggestion as the following:

Bow of Truth (Cast: 0.5 s / Cooldown: 6 s) (Utility)Command the Bow of Truth to barrage a location with blinding arrows.Blindness: 2 sDamage (6x): 1596 (6.0)Numbers of Impacts: 6Number of Targets: 5Casts: 2Duration: 6 sCount Recharge: 25 sRadius: 360Combo Field: LightRange: 1200

Staff of Diligence (Cast: 0.5 s / Cooldown: 6) (Healing)Command the Staff of Diligence to heal and grant allies Alacrity.Alacrity: 2 sNumber of Targets: 5Casts: 2Duration: 6 sInterval: 1 sCount Recharge: 25Radius: 240Combo Field: LightRange: 900

Warrior

• Banner: Missing Healing.This could also potentially make up for the lack of group healing skills for Warrior! Maybe rename Banner of Discipline to Banner of Arms so we can take the relieved name for the healing skill. My suggestion:

Banner of Discipline (Cast: 1 s / Cooldown: 80)Place a banner that heals allies and reduce the recharge on Weapn Swap. Picking up the banner reduces the recharge of this skill.Banner of Discipline (Effect): Heal 150 (0.2) every seconds. Reduce Weapon Swap cooldown by 10%. (Both effects are affected by Double Standards)Recharge Time Reduced: 60 s.Number of Allied Targets: 10Duration: Duration: 60 secondsEffective Radius: 600Combo Finisher: BlastRange: 600(Or, alternatively, the skill pulses Alacrity instead of reduce the recharge on Weapon Swap.)Also, per suggestion by Lan Deathrider.5910,Banner of Tactics (Cast: ? s / Cooldown: ? s)Heal allies and place a banner that continues healing for a short duration.Initial Healing: 5000 (?)Pulsing Healing: 1500 (?) (Split for PvP/WvW: Base Healing is to be halved while Healing Power coefficient is to be scaled up, presumably at least doubled.)Number of Targets: 10Duration: ? sInterval: ? s

• Shout: Missing Elite.My proposal last year might be of interest here.

• Stance: Missing Elite.With the existing Stance skills already covering a great variety of defensive and even offensive features, it is indeed difficult to come up a new idea for the missing elite skill. On the side note, before Rampage was included into the Physical set, I always thought it would fit the Stance set well. Maybe move Rampage to Stance and create a new Elite for Physical?

Revenant

No missing slot skills.

Engineer

• Gadget: Missing Elite.Something gimmick yet strong when it comes into play. Oh, and don't forget to include its corresponding Toolbelt skill if you are proposing!

Ranger

• Signet: Missing Healing and Elite.Post your proposal in the comment!
  • Trap: Missing Elite.I've always thought that Entangle would go to the Trap category. Since the skills in this set have been pretty centered around condition damage and soft CC, maybe we can instead have something with Torment, Cripple, etc.

Thief

• Preparation: Missing Healing and Elite.It was a rework well received in terms of both function and visual effect. Would really like to see a complete set for this category.
  • Signet: Missing Elite.Post your proposal in the comment!

Elementalist

• Arcane: Missing Elite.Something with good damage potential and short-to-none cast span would fit the theme. Also, it should not relate to any of the four elements, of course!
  • Conjure: Missing Healing.This could become the Med Kit for Eementalist!
  • Signet: Missing Elite.Per suggestion by Stallic.2397,

Signet of Aura (Cast: 0.5 s / Cooldown: 30 s)Passive: Gain Aura based on your current Attunement periodically.Active: Gain Auras of all four elements at once. (I wonder if it is technically feasible though. If a developer happens to swing by, would you help enlighten us here or maybe refer this question to someone with the knowledge? :))Interval: 20 s

Necromancer

• Spectral: Missing Healing.My suggestion:

Spectral FeastHeal yourself. Send out ghostly grasps toward foes within a certain radius, and gain Life Force periodically from them for its duration. (The effect can be mitigated by dodging, blocking, etc.)

• Signet: Missing Elite.Post your proposal in the comment!
  • Well: Missing Elite.Drawing inspiration from the original Well Spell in Guild Wars 1:

Well of the Profane (Cast 1 s / Cooldown 60 s)Target area pulses, desecrates your enemies with conditions on yourself. Enemies with conditions on them cannot receive Boons. Enemies without a Boon on them takes more damage.Damage: 798 (3.0) (At the same rate as Well of Corruption.)Damage against Boonless Foes: 1596 (6.0) (At the same rate as Well of Suffering.)Life Force: 1%Conditions Copied: 3 (per pulse)Curse of the Profane: 1s (A new, special Effect that prevents Boons from being applied if the affected target has at least one Condition on them)Number of Targets: 5Pulse: 1 sDuration: 5 sRadius: 360Combo Field: DarkRange: 900Unblockable

Mesmer

• Mantra: Missing Elite.NEED MORE YOGA! There are a great variety of yoga poses that may serve as inspiration here.
  • Glamour: Missing Healing.Something that heals, and perhaps provides some other effect, with a field of Light or Ethereal which lasts for several seconds, while not overlapping the function of Well of Eternity.
  • Clone and Phantasm: Missing Healing and Elite.Maybe merge these two categories into one named 'Illusion'. Also, modify and move Ether Feast into this category since its clone related? Also, it would be nice if we get another Phantasm for Elite.

Ether Feast (Cast: 1 s / Cooldown: 20 s)Heal yourself. Gain additional health for each active clone. Summon a Clone if you do not already have one (after the healing effect is applied).Breaks Enemy TargetingHealing: 5560 (1.0)Heal per Clone: 640 (0.1)

Ele signet : passively generate auras- every X sec.Active : gain all auras at once

I like the idea of buffing core. These buffs don't have to dramatically change play style, but effectively encourage the play style of the core profession. Something that could honestly be missing in its design.

These buffs should have a restriction where they are only available to core.

@Stallic.2397 said:Ele signet : passively generate auras- every X sec.Active : gain all auras at once

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Well the Banner of Tactics was this prior to them removing the banner bundle skills. The should bring the bundle skills back and move tactics to the heal slot, or instead of the stat bonuses make it pulse healing per interval, something like 1.5k with a 5k burst heal on summon.

I've updated the OP with your proposal. Also, on Warrior's Banner Healing skill, how about we keep the Tactics theme in the Utility slot, rename the Precision and Ferocity one with Arms, while assigning Discipline to the Healing skill instead? I'm thinking about something as the following:

(On top of that, I'd suggest it also provides some other effect, such as 1-sec reduction of Weapon Swap for affected allies.)

Yep, been wanting this for a long time myself too.

Always annoyed me how some skill sets are incomplete leading to the inability to specialize your character/build into a specific playstyle and role.

For example.. I want to build a Trap Ranger.. oh No Elite Trap skill.Ok then i'll build a Shout Warrior.. oh.. no elite shout either, K how about Stance Warrior.. oh same issue..

There are so many skill types that have no Elite, and others missing healing skills.. it often leads me personally to just not bother with the entire skill type since I find it a waste to invest in a trait that benefits certain skill types for just 1 or 2 skills in my Utility slots.Specially when that trait happens to be along side other choices that just as useful and I can substitute the skills for something equally uselfull with a naturally shorter CD.

Stances on Warriors for example are one skill type I rarely ever use due to the long CD and the usefulness of Cleansing Ire over Last Stand makes it far more beneficial to run a Signet Warrior or something over a Stance Warrior since Signets have an Elite Skill and the trait that reduces thier CD is a Major trait rather than Stances Grandmaster trait that doesn't even reduce their CD, plus Signet trait gives you a stacking ferocity buff where as the Stance Grandmaster trait gives no buff and only a very minor duration increase to your stances effects.

Imo this Stance Grandmaster trait is completely obliterated by a Signets Major trait.. and Stances don't even have an elite skill to compete against Signets which have a healing, elite and 4 utility skills in their set.

Endure pain for example.. 4 seconds of invun to physical damage and a 60 second CD? in PvE/WvW that is abysmally atrocious.Make that 10 seconds of 60% damage reduction from all sources and yeah.. maybe that would actually be a decent skill to have on your skill bar outside of PvP.

@Virtuality.8351 said:

@Stallic.2397 said:Ele signet : passively generate auras- every X sec.Active : gain all auras at onceI've updated the OP with your proposal. Also, on Warrior's Banner Healing skill, how about we keep the Tactics theme in the Utility slot, rename the Precision and Ferocity one with Arms, while assigning Discipline to the Healing skill instead? I'm thinking about something as the following:

Nice! Yes, the passive aura generation is based on the Ele's current attunement.

... Possibly every 20sec???....

The active grants access to Fire, Water, Air, and Earth.

@Virtuality.8351 said:

@Stallic.2397 said:Ele signet : passively generate auras- every X sec.Active : gain all auras at once

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Well the Banner of Tactics was this prior to them removing the banner bundle skills. The should bring the bundle skills back and move tactics to the heal slot, or instead of the stat bonuses make it pulse healing per interval, something like 1.5k with a 5k burst heal on summon.

I've updated the OP with your proposal. Also, on Warrior's Banner Healing skill, how about we keep the Tactics theme in the Utility slot, rename the Precision and Ferocity one with Arms, while assigning Discipline to the Healing skill instead? I'm thinking about something as the following:

(On top of that, I'd suggest it also provides some other effect, such as 1-sec reduction of Weapon Swap for affected allies.)

Don't have a weapon swap CD reduction on the banner. Just apply alacrity, or a flat skill CD recharge on the initial heal packet. Also the pulse heal would have to be halved in PVP/WvW, but should have good scaling regardless.