Finally, is the AFK farm ok or not ?

Theros.1390

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"Henry.5713" said:. Any item that keeps you even remotely competitive would take a very long time to acquire by anyone who legitimately plays the game.This is my argument. Again, I don't condone this practice, but what competitive advantage is gained in GW2 by farming?

Did I make an argument about this possibly happening in Guild Wars 2? I talked about another game and how sad things became there because their devs certainly missed the bigger picture I was talking about. I never said the competitive part of the statement specifically applied to Guild Wars 2 and I clearly stated nothing even remotely that bad happens here. Which is a good thing.However, if you want to go there and talk about something that would happen in Guild Wars 2... Let's talk infusions and legendaries (and some of the expensive skins) as "Fashion Wars" is considered the true endgame by many. Those items could easily go to 5-10x their current price if botting was allowed to go that rampant. Any item considered rare would require you to outspend the TP limit of 10k gold multiple times. That's another thing I have seen. With people getting "scammed" all over the place as they would have to pay before receiving an item. Not to mention the fact that there are many who already struggle to ever acquire any of these items at their current price, let alone would never be able to afford something like a Chak Egg Sac at multiple times it's current price.

@magnusthorek.8027 said:

@"kharmin.7683" said:And how, exactly, does this affect your ability to play the game? Don't get me wrong -- I don't like it either, and I don't participate in this kind of farming, but there is nothing gained by players who do this that affects others ability to play the game. So they get more gold? Still doesn't affect one's ability to play the game.

Now, when they camp farmers at heart quests, that affects others ability to play the game (imo), so I would report them and let Anet figure it out.

This one "player' in particular only makes me angry because cheating is wrong and those who cheat, no matter how, should be warned, suspended and if doing again banned forever. Period. But there was once when I needed some Luminous Dust and, as usual from an occasional farmer, I searched about places where it was easier to farm. Found a wall with incoming Ascalon Ghosts and an engineer was sitting there doing nothing, farming with his turrets. He was online and I'm sure of this, but it's still wrong.

I fail to see how he can become «extremely rich», by killing a couple of earth elementals every minute.One stack of elder wood Log costs roughly 3.5 G. If someone (like me) decides he/she wants to make the Legendary Longbow Pharus, he/she will need 33 thousand logs. Now do the math for someone with that much wood that, possibly, is also using the not-so-secret TP bots and see the advantage they have over honest players.

What does elder wood logs have to do with earth elementals?

@Lambent.6375 said:

@"kharmin.7683" said:And how, exactly, does this affect your ability to play the game? Don't get me wrong -- I don't like it either, and I don't participate in this kind of farming, but there is nothing gained by players who do this that affects others ability to play the game. So they get more gold? Still doesn't affect one's ability to play the game.

Now, when they camp farmers at heart quests, that affects others ability to play the game (imo), so I would report them and let Anet figure it out.

This one "player' in particular only makes me angry because cheating is wrong and those who cheat, no matter how, should be warned, suspended and if doing again banned forever. Period. But there was once when I needed some Luminous Dust and, as usual from an occasional farmer, I searched about places where it was easier to farm. Found a wall with incoming Ascalon Ghosts and an engineer was sitting there doing nothing, farming with his turrets. He was online and I'm sure of this, but it's still wrong.

I fail to see how he can become «extremely rich», by killing a couple of earth elementals every minute.One stack of elder wood Log costs roughly 3.5 G. If someone (like me) decides he/she wants to make the Legendary Longbow Pharus, he/she will need 33 thousand logs. Now do the math for someone with that much wood that, possibly, is also using the not-so-secret TP bots and see the advantage they have over honest players.

If he's doing nothing then he isn't chopping woods at least. So, he is most likely afk killing earth elementals as they spawn from time to time to annoy the wood farmers.

@magnusthorek.8027 said:People don't see the bigger picture or refuse to so they can justify the practice (perhaps because they're one of those doing). So, I'm out before I screw myself by saying anything I shouldn't and get flagged by someone more "sensitive"

Since there is no "bigger picture" or the only view that wood prices are very stable over a long time now and were going up before you have no point here. That's all to say about it. If there's a problem with GW2 it's definitely not thos log-in-log-out players chopping wood.In addition the "sensitive crowd" in this topic are the players that complain and whine about the so-called "bots" or "afks". Maybe you just haven't realized that the more matter-of-fact related people are the ones knowing that those few players make no big impact on anything in this game.

@Lambent.6375 said:

@"Blanche Neige.7241" said:

At the bottom of this picture were it says elderwood earth elementals spawn to harass players thats what they got to do with eachotherM2QHtDl.jpg

@Vinceman.4572 said:

If he's doing nothing then he isn't chopping woods at least. So, he is most likely afk killing earth elementals as they spawn from time to time to annoy the wood farmers.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Blanche Neige.7241" said:

At the bottom of this picture were it says elderwood earth elementals spawn to harass players thats what they got to do with eachother
M2QHtDl.jpg

Really, that's what this was about? I don't see how that has anything to do with Elder wood prices. If someone is actually sitting there to afk kill Earth elemental, I don't think it has anything to do with keeping it clear for people gathering elder wood. I always end up killing them myself along with others when I gather Elder Wood, if we actually sat there waiting for some afk person to kill them we would be wasting time.

@Lambent.6375 said:Really, that's what this was about? I don't see how that has anything to do with Elder wood prices. If someone is actually sitting there to afk kill Earth elemental, I don't think it has anything to do with keeping it clear for people gathering elder wood. I always end up killing them myself along with others when I gather Elder Wood, if we actually sat there waiting for some afk person to kill them we would be wasting time.

People do more harmful things in real life due to stupid reasons than such things in a video game.One of the most time consuming things btw. is complaining in forums (or in general) instead of being pro-active.

• 8 months later...