I would be interested in a Winged Unicorn/Pegasus hybrid Skyscale Mount skin

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be content with a skyscale skin that looks like a dragon. The only skin that looks like a dragon is shimmerwing, i guess thats why it sells so well. But there are many kinds of dragons aside from fairy dragons, for example game of thrones has beautiful ones which are not fairy dragon themed.

@Roxanne.6140 said:I would be content with a skyscale skin that looks like a dragon. The only skin that looks like a dragon is shimmerwing, i guess thats why it sells so well. But there are many kinds of dragons aside from fairy dragons, for example game of thrones has beautiful ones which are not fairy dragon themed.

What's the difference between a skyscale and a dragon to you? Of course there's huge variations in what dragons look like, but I doubt you could show a skyscale to anyone who doesn't play GW2, ask them what it is and get any answer except dragon. If I drew a dragon it would have a longer face and probably not forward facing horns, but those are fairly minor details.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Roxanne.6140 said:I would be content with a skyscale skin that looks like a dragon. The only skin that looks like a dragon is shimmerwing, i guess thats why it sells so well. But there are many kinds of dragons aside from fairy dragons, for example game of thrones has beautiful ones which are not fairy dragon themed.

What's the difference between a skyscale and a dragon to you? Of course there's huge variations in what dragons look like, but I doubt you could show a skyscale to anyone who doesn't play GW2, ask them what it is and get any answer except dragon. If I drew a dragon it would have a longer face and probably not forward facing horns, but those are fairly minor details.

Didn't want to sound so straightforward, but skyscale looks like the offspring of a dragon, a gargoyle and some large bird. In all variations dragons tend to have a longer face. It depends which part of the skyscale do I show to people who don't play GW2. If I showed only the head, neck and the shoulders, maybe some people may not know what it is. But yes, if I showed the rest of its body then nobody has a doubt they are looking at a dragon.

@Roxanne.6140 said:

Didn't want to sound so straightforward, but skyscale looks like the offspring of a dragon, a gargoyle and some large bird. In all variations dragons tend to have a longer face. It depends which part of the skyscale do I show to people who don't play GW2. If I showed only the head, neck and the shoulders, maybe some people may not know what it is. But yes, if I showed the rest of its body then nobody has a doubt they are looking at a dragon.

Not all dragons look like European dragons, but european style dragons are the most popular which is sad. Theres -tons- of artwork out there of dragons that dont have that facial structure.. Then again How to Dragon is probably the most popular dragon themed movie at the moment and it is loaded down with dragons that dont have the structure at all include Nightfury. To be honest if you showed me just the head neck and shoulders of anything reptilian id either assume its a dragon -or- a Lizan, its just a safe guess.

@Dante.1763 said:

Not all dragons look like European dragons, but european style dragons are the most popular which is sad. Theres -tons- of artwork out there of dragons that dont have that facial structure.. Then again How to Dragon is probably the most popular dragon themed movie at the moment and it is loaded down with dragons that dont have the structure at all include Nightfury. To be honest if you showed me just the head neck and shoulders of anything reptilian id either assume its a dragon -or- a Lizan, its just a safe guess.

I don't think its a geographical thing. google Chinese dragons, American dragons ( I think Game of thrones is American?), whichever dragons you can google and they all have long faces.

Don't forget that the story in Dragonfall explains that the Skyscale is related to Dragons, but doesn't have their destructive behaviour.Therefore, the need to come up with a model that suits a mount and looks powerful, can be tamed, but without the mindless will and crave for destruction.

Skyscale looks fine to me.Just wish there was a skin with foward-curved horns.

On a side note:It looks like a fusion between a Welsh Dragon and perhaps a Romanian Dragon.

Welsh:https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d7/Welsh_Dragon_%28Y_Ddraig_Goch%29.svg/1200px-Welsh_Dragon_%28Y_Ddraig_Goch%29.svg.png

Romanian:https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-a2e830236e0f2ddf09faf72d00b5d121

@Roxanne.6140 said:

I don't think its a geographical thing. google Chinese dragons, American dragons ( I think Game of thrones is American?), whichever dragons you can google and they all have long faces.

My point was while theres a ton of artwork with the standard dragon theres also tons without those features. the term"dragon" has evolved to be just any great lizard(or in some cases amphibians? seen some weird ones.). Some of the ones in monster hunter are skyscale like too. Im not against getting some more "standard" looking dragon appearances for the skyscale, but having a dragon look different from the norm is actually nice.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:Maximum negativity.The legendary longbow was enough of a scar on this game

I believe the weapon you are referring to is a short bow.

The one that shoots rainbows and unicorns

Yep, that's the Gen 1 legendary short bow (The Dreamer). The longbow is Kudzu, which looks like green flowering vines and fires glowing yellow arrows.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:Maximum negativity.The legendary longbow was enough of a scar on this game

See, combine that with Quip and ..., love it....

@Danikat.8537 said:

Yep, that's the Gen 1 legendary short bow (The Dreamer). The longbow is Kudzu, which looks like green flowering vines and fires glowing yellow arrows.

I would sooo rather have the unicorns and rainbows than the flowery stuff.