Are blood rubies and petrified wood supposed to take weeks?

Rickz.6230

@Linken.6345 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:Should we tell OP about kralkatite ore?

One thing i usually do is, park all my alts at the easiest heart, and quickly repeat it ~10 times.It's mindnumbing, but usually beats the 'proper' way. Some hearts even have a ridiculously trick to them

I feel like im gonna have an easy time whenever i decide to do that collection. Ive never ever bought anything with Kralk orr, and ive just been hoarding any i get from the daily BLC delivery..

Dont you need like 4k karlk ore?

Probably? ive gotten lucky and got a few of the skins unlocked through wardrobe unlocks though, so imma need less i think.

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

@Dante.1763 said:Do it on multiple characters, finish mapping the maps too, wont take anywhere near as long. It is however a bit tedious.

In the beginning, the BR nodes had a double hard cap: per character and per account. The cap for account was only a few BR nodes higher than the character cap. So, you are limited here by the number of nodes you can harvest per day. The same in the Ember Bay (the skritt map with Petrified Wood)I don't know if this is now changed because I never farmed BR with 2 or more characters.

I wasnt aware of that limit. If they did such a thing they honestly should remove it after a few months(it probably still is in effect though.)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it to be a bit too much of a grind at this point. Some grind is okay, but considering how many stat combos there are and the fact that you can't really switch them it's too much.

It really is more of a problem with the gear system, though. If it was easier to swap stats on ascended gear than it was to get new pieces it wouldn't bother me as much. For that reason, I consider the bloodstone ones worth getting but not really the others.

What they should do is keep the BR ones as they are today since they are a better investment, and make all subsequent ones a bit easier to get.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Funky.4861 said:Buy the home-instance node for 3 rubies a day.

lol This is why EAnet made the grind as high inorder to sell them

I've never acquired any Home Instance Nodes with Gems. I mean, it's not that difficult to come up with 50 Gold.

Can you even buy the LS currency nodes for gems? I thought they were a vendor only item.

@"Vinceman.4572" said:People forget that those amounts are set to the point of time when the specific map with its currency is actively played by lots of players a.k.a. around the release of the associated ls episode. It was not meant for people that starting later on and want the same "rewards" in a lesser amount of time.There's no point in complaining. Relax and do your stuff - see it as a goal and be happy that you still have something to do because things can turn pretty fast.

You are wrong.. Aurora, Skyscale and Vision all came out after. Mostly to bring players back to these maps.

@Cronospere.8143 said:

@"Vinceman.4572" said:People forget that those amounts are set to the point of time when the specific map with its currency is actively played by lots of players a.k.a. around the release of the associated ls episode. It was not meant for people that starting later on and want the same "rewards" in a lesser amount of time.There's no point in complaining. Relax and do your stuff - see it as a goal and be happy that you still have something to do because things can turn pretty fast.

You are wrong.. Aurora, Skyscale and Vision all came out after. Mostly to bring players back to these maps.

I'm not wrong because

1. their implementation came rather in line with the associated whole living storyand is a big difference asking years later
  2. lots of players that were actively playing the maps and bought the home instance nodes for example were and still are drowning in those currencies.

And 3rd. ppl whine too much instead of playing the game.

@kratan.4619 said:

@Funky.4861 said:Buy the home-instance node for 3 rubies a day.

lol This is why EAnet made the grind as high inorder to sell them

I've never acquired any Home Instance Nodes with Gems. I mean, it's not that difficult to come up with 50 Gold.

Can you even buy the LS currency nodes for gems? I thought they were a vendor only item.

You can not. I'm not sure what is meant by 'EAnet sells them'.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:To be honest, acquiring any LS currency is fairly easy to do. You don’t need active maps.

This.

People whine unbelievably. Yes, it might take 2-3 days of 10 minutes gathering per day to acquire some best in slot gear. That is in no relation to ANY other MMORPG in the market. That is without even considering the ability to acquire these resources via multiple game modes and over extended periods of time. Most people complaining here are doing so because they can;t get their shinnies within minutes, which is hilarious.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:To be honest, acquiring any LS currency is fairly easy to do. You don’t need active maps.

This.

People whine unbelievably. Yes, it might take 2-3 days of 10 minutes gathering per day to acquire some best in slot gear. That is in no relation to ANY other MMORPG in the market. That is without even considering the ability to acquire these resources via multiple game modes and over extended periods of time. Most people complaining here are doing so because they can;t get their shinnies within minutes, which is hilarious.

To be honest, im not surprised by this, players dont like time gates for things even if it -does make sense(this one does, im not arguing that.)-. I think thats the major reason alot of MMOs suffer nowadays, and end up failing or not doing well outside of certain markets.

@Dante.1763 said:

This.

To be honest, im not surprised by this, players dont like time gates for things even if it -does make sense(this one does, im not arguing that.)-. I think thats the major reason alot of MMOs suffer nowadays, and end up failing or not doing well outside of certain markets.

True, but now we are talking about different games and how viable certain game types are.

You don't see me going to a first person shooter and then complain that the game does not provide enough shooter untypical elements. If people are unhappy with MMORPGs the best approach is to find the game type they enjoy.

The grind argument is absolute nonsense as far as gearing in GW2 goes for performance. Not only that but even the approach of giving best in slot items account bound properties is a vast time saver compared to all the other MMORPGs in the market. The only real grind here is cosmetics.

@kharmin.7683 said:Well, not saying that this is the OP, but when ANet releases an insta-80 level thing, people use it and then immediately want best gear.

Exactly, and then 4 days later they come complain they have nothing to do in game. It's pure insanity.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

True, but now we are talking about different games and how viable certain game types are.

You don't see me going to a first person shooter and then complain that the game does not provide enough shooter untypical elements. If people are unhappy with MMORPGs the best approach is to find the game type they enjoy.

The grind argument is absolute nonsense as far as gearing in GW2 goes for performance. Not only that but even the approach of giving best in slot items account bound properties is a vast time saver compared to all the other MMORPGs in the market. The only real grind here is cosmetics.

I know. but game types also need to adapt just as the games within those genres do too.

But you are correct, this game is mostly about cosmetics, and the grind for those is so absurd some can never be obtained, and i dont think thats right either. We are however getting off topic i believe, so ill stop doing the derailing! :D

On Topic: there are ways you can skip the grind, or reduce it by a lot if one wants to.

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@Vinceman.4572 said:People forget that those amounts are set to the point of time when the specific map with its currency is actively played by lots of players a.k.a. around the release of the associated ls episode. It was not meant for people that starting later on and want the same "rewards" in a lesser amount of time.There's no point in complaining. Relax and do your stuff - see it as a goal and be happy that you still have something to do because things can turn pretty fast.

I'm not wrong because
  1. their implementation came rather in line with the associated whole living storyand is a big difference asking years later
  2. lots of players that were actively playing the maps and bought the home instance nodes for example were and still are drowning in those currencies.

And 3rd. ppl whine too much instead of playing the game.

1: okay i agree. If you are talking about years. Then yeah.

1. The instance nodes only give 3. Mind you we are talking about blood rubies here. There is no hearts which you can farm. Drop rate of 25% from nodes with a maximum of 50 nodes a day. The blood rubies (which OP means) are less easier to get than others.I agree if we are talking about other currencies. Look at the currency from kourna map (forgot its name) they flow in while playing the game. With hard work, yes, you can get a stack a day. More if you have a lot of time and a dozen of characters.. muptiple stacks if your doing kralkatorite ore. Easy peasy.

3th: yes i play the game. Doesnt mean i play it like you do. And sorry but i have to agree with OP that certain currencies are more annoying then others.

Home Instance nodes are excellent investments, assuming one can be consistent in harvesting them daily and has just a bit of patience. If you do an all out effort in Bloodstone Fen, you can get a back item in about 3-4 days if you also are able to do the meta, not a given I realize. Map complete helps and it is quick, and if you play WvW the reward track also helps. But the biggest thing over time is the home nodes. I buy them each as they come out and now can afford to outfit any char or several at any given time with full ascended back & trinkets just through investment and patience.

@"Cronospere.8143" said:1: okay i agree. If you are talking about years. Then yeah.

1. The instance nodes only give 3. Mind you we are talking about blood rubies here. There is no hearts which you can farm. Drop rate of 25% from nodes with a maximum of 50 nodes a day. The blood rubies (which OP means) are less easier to get than others.I agree if we are talking about other currencies. Look at the currency from kourna map (forgot its name) they flow in while playing the game. With hard work, yes, you can get a stack a day. More if you have a lot of time and a dozen of characters.. muptiple stacks if your doing kralkatorite ore. Easy peasy.

Yeah, and that's the flaw. Arenanet made it way too easily to accumulate map currencies in the later episodes because people didn't stop complaining. At the moment currency exchange is out of hands with so many possibilities as a sign of: "Don't play our maps. They are abandoned anyways."I would be fine with that if players wouldn't stop telling loudly that there is enough content in the game. On the one hand they refuse to play maps and get the currencies - most often only 1 stack for one specific shiny - on the other hand the voices are loud that each episode offers so much content for free and all others should be happy about this gleaming situation. Therefore I ask myself: What are players doing? Because if you play the maps - the content - you get the currencies. On my main account I almost had every currency ready for the special things added. Be it Aurora, be it Vision, be it the skyscale. Why? Because I played those map (and of course bought the home instance node -> it's 3 minutes of mining for the total instance.See, I made griffon & skyscale on 2 accounts. Was it annoying to get currencies for the 2nd account. Yes, a little bit but if you play step by step you'll be achieving your goal. So, 250 blood rubies are still reasonable to get. Just don't expect to get that stack in 1 day, that's all. If it's only the backpack for the OP it's far better to get to Siren's Landing. You need to check your options in this game but again: It's easier to complain in the forums.

3th: yes i play the game. Doesnt mean i play it like you do. And sorry but i have to agree with OP that certain currencies are more annoying then others.

So, are you playing just for fun and the casualty style? Then why bother with legendary items like those mentioned above? If not, I don't see the problem. Step aside from being completely efficient, turn away from your daily gaming routine and go get the things you need. Once you have everything go back to your routine.

@"Hannelore.8153" said:Just farm the gold and buy the nodes, its a hard investment but you'll get a full set of Ascended trinkets every 30 days once you have all the nodes, two sets if you get the LS4 nodes too and buy extra currency from the Dragonfall vendors every day.

Otherwise you're looking at alot of heart farming in your future if you have more than one character.

The items cost usually:

• a ring costs 100 map currency and 2000 magic
  • an amulett costs 125 map currency and 3000 magic
  • an accessoire costs 150 map currency and 4000 magic
  • a back item costs 200 map currency and 5000 magic

The map-currency prices for the items you can buy in Bitterfrost are doubled (200 for a ring etc...)

And of course, there are items that can be purchased without magic and only with map-currency and Karma

• amulett in Bjora Marches (125 map currency, 56000 karma)
  • back-Item in Sirens Landing (200 map currency, 315000 karma)

The S3/S4-home instance nodes give you each 3 pieces of map-currency and 13-15 magic. With the exceptions of Perls (9 pieces) Winterberries (5 pieces) and Chili (1 piece).

So, with 3 pieces a day and 14 magic in average, the 100 pieces for a ring (the cheapest item from the trinkets) would take (100/3=) 33,3 days and the required magic for a ring would take (2000/14=) 142 days.

It is a little worse for the items from bitterfrost, because the items cost double map-currency, but the home node only gives 5 (instead of 6).

On the other side, the amulette from Sirens Landing is faster: It requires also only 125 map currency (and 3000 magic), but the home node gives you 9. (125/9=) 13,9 days. But the magic it requires would still need ( 3000/14=) 214 days.

And if you have enough karma, I recommend the amulette from Bjora and the back-items from Sirens Landing.

So, of course, if you have all the home-nodes, you can combine them, exchange some currencies for magic or other currencies.

But if you are starting from scratch, and use all home-nodes of S3, you can not even get the cheapest item, a ring, within 30 days with only the home-nodes.

So I think your statement "a full set of Ascended trinkets every 30 days" is an exaggeration.

The home-nodes can help to speed-up things a little, but are more of a long-term investment.

You also need to collect/farm magic and map-currency in maps (events/hearts etc). The most S4 magic (Volatile Magic) in my experience can be farmed in Dragonfall doing events and the meta. I do not know the actual best way to farm S3 magic (Unbound Magic), maybe farming the map where the S3-daylies are.

@Zok.4956 said:

@"Hannelore.8153" said:Just farm the gold and buy the nodes, its a hard investment but you'll get a full set of Ascended trinkets every 30 days once you have all the nodes, two sets if you get the LS4 nodes too and buy extra currency from the Dragonfall vendors every day.

Otherwise you're looking at alot of heart farming in your future if you have more than one character.

The items cost usually:
  • a ring costs 100 map currency and 2000 magic
  • an amulett costs 125 map currency and 3000 magic
  • an accessoire costs 150 map currency and 4000 magic
  • a back item costs 200 map currency and 5000 magic

The map-currency prices for the items you can buy in Bitterfrost are doubled (200 for a ring etc...)

And of course, there are items that can be purchased without magic and only with map-currency and Karma
  • amulett in Bjora Marches (125 map currency, 56000 karma)
  • back-Item in Sirens Landing (200 map currency, 315000 karma)

The S3/S4-home instance nodes give you each 3 pieces of map-currency and 13-15 magic. With the exceptions of Perls (9 pieces) Winterberries (5 pieces) and Chili (1 piece).

So, with 3 pieces a day and 14 magic in average, the 100 pieces for a ring (the cheapest item from the trinkets) would take (100/3=) 33,3 days and the required magic for a ring would take (2000/14=) 142 days.

It is a little worse for the items from bitterfrost, because the items cost double map-currency, but the home node only gives 5 (instead of 6).

On the other side, the amulette from Sirens Landing is faster: It requires also only 125 map currency (and 3000 magic), but the home node gives you 9. (125/9=) 13,9 days. But the magic it requires would still need ( 3000/14=) 214 days.

And if you have enough karma, I recommend the amulette from Bjora and the back-items from Sirens Landing.

So, of course, if you have all the home-nodes, you can combine them, exchange some currencies for magic or other currencies.

But if you are starting from scratch, and use all home-nodes of S3, you can not even get the cheapest item, a ring, within 30 days with only the home-nodes.

So I think your statement "a full set of Ascended trinkets every 30 days" is an exaggeration.

The home-nodes can help to speed-up things a little, but are more of a long-term investment.

You also need to collect/farm magic and map-currency in maps (events/hearts etc). The most S4 magic (Volatile Magic) in my experience can be farmed in Dragonfall doing events and the meta. I do not know the actual best way to farm S3 magic (Unbound Magic), maybe farming the map where the S3-daylies are.

If you actually have all home nodes, you can consume map currencies you're not aiming for for some extra magic. Consuming your 5 daily winterberries will give you an extra 75-150 unbound magic, for example. The 9 pearls are the best option: 135-270 magic. (If the wiki numbers are correct which I assume they are.)

@Rickz.6230 said:Just got to LW3, and understand that to get an ascended back item I need 500 of either blood ruby or petrified wood. Generally, harvesting all the nodes, doing dailies and buying from karma vendors nets me 15-25 every day of each, a bit over 30 if im lucky. This would at best take 16 days of spending 20-30 minutes daily in each map farming. Am I missing something or is this an insufferable grind? At least make the kitten nodes always drop 3 like literally everywhere else in the world.

The blood ruby backpack is only 200. Literally the best asc backpack in the game since it can be stat changed any time you need to. If you like wvw, you can do the reward track for bloodstone fen over and over, you get 50 rubies every track and a track can be done in 4-8 hours depending on boosts. I have this track on repeat for this exact reason.

@"Zok.4956" said:You also need to collect/farm magic and map-currency in maps (events/hearts etc). The most S4 magic (Volatile Magic) in my experience can be farmed in Dragonfall doing events and the meta. I do not know the actual best way to farm S3 magic (Unbound Magic), maybe farming the map where the S3-daylies are.

The fastest source of Unbound Magic is consuming the map currencies.

The same goes for Season 4 materials where consuming will yield the fastest way to gain Volatile Magic.

@"Zok.4956" said:So I think your statement "a full set of Ascended trinkets every 30 days" is an exaggeration.

It's only an exaggeration in that it takes up to maximum 50 days for a full set of ascended trinkets if one has access to all 6 season 3 nodes. (Amulet from Orrian Pearls, Ring1 Bloodstone Rubies, Ring 2 FIre Orchyd Blossoms, Accessory1 Petrified Wood, Accessory2 Fresh Winterberrys, consume all other unused materials for the Unbound Magic). That is without going out to gather a single time past the missing 50 Winterberries, which take 1 run (4 minutes) through the Winterberry forest. This does not factor for any stray materials one might get from occasionally visiting a map.

If a player spreads out their commitment across all 6 maps (without home nodes). It's possible to acquire the entire set of materials and magic within 3-4 days when starting from 0 if gathering as far as the cap allows. This does not factor in for currency exchanges in later maps, which can potentially speed up this process even more.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@"Zok.4956" said:So I think your statement "a full set of Ascended trinkets every 30 days" is an exaggeration.It's only an exaggeration in that it takes up to maximum 50 days for a full set of ascended trinkets

50 days is nearly the double time than 30 days.

And this does not include the back-item (which is not named as a trinket but it is also not a "normal" amor piece, so it is partly armor and partly trinket and it is in the GUI like a trinket) which can be bought with map-currencies like the (other) trinkets, so I would include it in the list.