Super slow download in the launcher...is this normal? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home

Super slow download in the launcher...is this normal?

I've never seen something download so slow. I have fast internet, and the download started fast/normal, but now it is at 10mb/sec that drops to 0kb, hangs there then goes back up and down again. The files remaining is 11,531. in the last hour and a half that number has gone down by 4. I switched to the google DNS, and nothing changed. I have closed and restarted the launcher 5 times now. It has never done this in the past when I wanted to play, it was usually one of the faster games to update.

Wanting to try Guild Wars 2 again, but this is insane...is there any fix?

Comments

• Wanted to add, it never moves past 0%

• same problem, after 53% (about 250k files remaining) download speed drops to 0kb

• I'm just going to move on to another game. Wanted to play this but I guess it doesn't want me to play it.

• Healix.5819Healix.5819 Member ✭✭✭✭

There are multiple causes; some are simple, the worst requiring a VPN.

Try launching with either:

-assetsrv 54.84.216.160

-image -assetsrv 54.84.216.160 -patchconnections 1

(see the wiki for how to use these)

For other potential causes, see this, though note the IPs are currently 54.84.216.160 or 52.202.5.88.

• I'm having the same issue as well, and I'm not sure if Arena Net is planning to fix this issue.

• Thank **** I am not the only one experiencing this issue...

• Rather than wait a week+ or more, for the next patch, have you tried the work-arounds offered above?

• Chuckie.8609Chuckie.8609 Member
    edited January 20, 2020

It seems that it has been fixed.

• @Healix.5819 said:
    There are multiple causes; some are simple, the worst requiring a VPN.

Try launching with either:

-assetsrv 54.84.216.160

-image -assetsrv 54.84.216.160 -patchconnections 1

(see the wiki for how to use these)

For other potential causes, see this, though note the IPs are currently 54.84.216.160 or 52.202.5.88.

First option worked for me