800-900 changes in ~March 2020.

Svarty.8019

@Timelord.8190 said:900 changes and 0 fixes.No fix for skill lag. No fix for players out of sync, and tons of other bugs.

... ACTUALLY... I have to tell this thread what they said on stream :)

A few streams ago they mentioned that interaction of skills has caused issues, for example, there could be no lag at all but if one person of X-class (probably mesmer) turns up, it all goes laggy and shit because their skills interact in a way that causes many more calculations to be done.

IIRC Irenio said on the stream linked in the OP that some skills have been coded inefficiently since very close to launch.

They didn't seem to want to commit to the promise of better performance, but I suspect these skill changes will help things a bit.

@Svarty.8019 said:

@"Timelord.8190" said:900 changes and 0 fixes.No fix for skill lag. No fix for players out of sync, and tons of other bugs.

... ACTUALLY... I have to tell this thread what they said on stream :)

A few streams ago they mentioned that interaction of skills has caused issues, for example, there could be no lag at all but if one person of X-class (probably mesmer) turns up, it all goes laggy and kitten because their skills interact in a way that causes many more calculations to be done.

IIRC Irenio said on the stream linked in the OP that some skills have been coded inefficiently since very close to launch.

They didn't seem to want to commit to the promise of better performance, but I suspect these skill changes will help things a bit.

I have often wondered this, a long time ago I made posts about lag where it was only happening in specific scenarios where if class_x would do chain combos it would completely lag me out and I would not be able to reciprocate no matter what, whilst other "normal" encounters that were not in similar scope to those split second combos would not cause me to lag. Curiously enough a lot of the time it was mantra gs mesmers, but from my experience it was not the only one that caused that weird interaction.Edit: just to clarify, it's not being stun locked, it's actually no action on screen happening and then suddenly it "catches up" in a fast forward with the screen pauses only happening on certain combos (you can press buttons whilst this happens and nothing responds).

@"rollnb.8346" said:They should add personal K/D ratio for WvW - personal skill rank. Would be cool, and announcements for current rampager on map etc.

What exactly would be the point of that? Of course except for encouraging outnumbering your opponents even more just so you can safely farm your kd/""skill"" rank?

• Confused 1

@Svarty.8019 said:They didn't seem to want to commit to the promise of better performance, but I suspect these skill changes will help things a bit.

It;s one thing to acknowledge the problem but very much another to actually do something about it

Anet is always free to surprise me but I just don't see them doing major back end changes to the way skills calculate in the game just to reduce skill lag in zerg clashes when such fights are already becoming rarer and rarer

I mean, hell, the only thing they have for us for the entire 1st quarter 2020 is some warclaw nerfs

Best we can realistically hope for is balance passes that either disincentivize spamming aoe skills (lmao ya right, anet's not killing necro) or them lowering the aoe cap of stuff so less actual hits are registered and processed

@"Eddbopkins.2630" said:With changes this big. I can't believe there won't be another expansion. 7 years and the only times they've done changes this big is only when expansions are going to happen. So I'm calling it. Expansion announcement before the end of the year.

Anet's not gonna go through the work to adjust nearly every skill and trait in the game only to fuck it all up with another set of e-specs

This is either them doing one final big effort before the game goes into true "maintenance mode" or them trying to demonstrate their supposed refocus on the game post-restructuring

Either is likely but I'm leaning on the latter only because they could just let it coast as is if they were gonna stop caring and if they really do want to put effort in again, they need to make up for a LOT of neglect and toxic power creep in all 3 modes. Especially when they've basically got nothing on the table besides strike missions when it comes to content that requires more than the auto attack to complete.

Doing a giant balance sweep is an easy way to change the way the game plays without having to actually give us new content to play.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

@Knighthonor.4061 said:hope this the balance patch to adjust the game to the new Elite Specs on the way.

uh... what? xd

Actually was thinking along the same lines. They always do a major balance patch prior to new elites. And if we have new elites showing up around EP3 then this would be about the timing for it. They did say they are releasing expansion content during this LW, and elites are what expansions are about so to me this might be another indicator. Add to that the datamined icons that were elite-style icons and ....it could be. We need new elites to keep things fresh.

Oh nice, more inbalance, more cheese, more stupid designs, after pof elites i'm actually happy they don't make new ones, what a disaster ...

The only time you will have perfect balance is in tic tac toe. So you are looking to remove all classes, armor, weapons, levels and skills?

Actually we had great balance 6 or 7 months into hot, when they nerfed hot specs to make core viable, after that pof went out and the game became a shit show again, perfect balance doesn't exist, but what we have now it's ridiculous