How many spirits can be up at once?

Michael.9403

Assume a group of 5 rangers for these questions. How many spirits can each ranger have up at once? How many spirits of a particular type can be up at once across the 5 rangers? By being up I mean the spirit appears to all and can contribute their full ability to all the group, assuming all the group meets the range requirements.

@Hannelore.8153 said:Spirit buffs are unique, meaning that you can't have more than one of the same type affecting you.

This is what I was after. I googled but could not find it, so though to ask. I got that it was a utility slot, so limited to 3/4 each ranger + optional elite.

Since I made up 5 rangers to the group I could have 15 spirits running around, so hoping to tease out the answer about how more than one of the same type affected the group. Answer: they don't.

@Michael.9403 said:

@Hannelore.8153 said:Spirit buffs are unique, meaning that you can't have more than one of the same type affecting you.

This is what I was after.
I googled but could not find it, so though to ask. I got that it was a utility slot, so limited to 3/4 each ranger + optional elite.

Since I made up 5 rangers to the group I could have 15 spirits running around, so hoping to tease out the answer about how more than one of the same type affected the group. Answer: they don't.

Well its actually more of a half and half answer and depends on the Spirit. For example Stone Spirit casts Protection on allies when they attack, but also with its active, so with multiple Spirits you can just stack infinite Protection and never needs its passive.

Frost Spirit however has a unique effect (% damage increase) that can't be reproduced with a boon.

• 5 weeks later...

@Hannelore.8153 said:Spirit buffs are unique, meaning that you can't have more than one of the same type affecting you. They can stack their boons, but not the unique buffs that they give, so the answer to your question is six, and you need two Rangers due to limited utility slots.

That's why you only bring one Ranger to raids.

Sorta makes me wanna drop it and head back to gw1 a bit. Get back to my roots.Then I remember my Monk isn't anything what he once was.