PvP Rampage Idea - Change [Throw Boulder] to [Throw Pebble]

Multicolorhipster.9751

If we change it to a daze and call it "Throw Rock" instead I would be down. You can daze someone pretty good if you lug a rock at their noggin. I do agree though, for a skill where you rip a boulder from the ground and heave it at an enemy it's anticlimactic for it to only do 30 damage. For all the people arguing this doesn't matter, it does. It's an important part of game design. If it didn't then your auto attack would be called "Omega Super Star Blaster" and call a rain of divine energy to the earth, pulling the stars themselves from the sky... for 10 damage.

@"Zexanima.7851" said:If we change it to a daze and call it "Throw Rock" instead I would be down. You can daze someone pretty good if you lug a rock at their noggin. I do agree though, for a skill where you rip a boulder from the ground and heave it at an enemy it's anticlimactic for it to only do 30 damage. For all the people arguing this doesn't matter, it does. It's an important part of game design. If it didn't then your auto attack would be called "Omega Super Star Blaster" and call a rain of divine energy to the earth, pulling the stars themselves from the sky... for 10 damage.

Throw rock?! I can't believe what i'm seeing. My immersion is just gone.

I mean the second part of that sounds feasible, but i'm afraid i'm going to have to fight you on throw rock. In real life, I can throw a rock quicker than 1 second and I don't even have to turn into a massive hulking juggernaut to do it.

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:And we don't know the physiology of all the races, this universe everyone could have multiple hearts. :p

...and be extra resistant to boulder damage. Yay! Now I can be fully immersed again and so can the creator of this great thread. :p

Actually it's been stated that no race gets any racial bonuses and that everyone has the same hitboxes/damage multipliers to keep it fair and balanced. To which, personally i'm willing to give that a pass in the immersion department. A large boulder hitting for half the damage of a bolas though? That's where I draw the line. If that's what's considered immersive; i'm taking Master Chief, and i'm getting the kitten out of here.

If you turn on default player models, everyone is actually a human anyway. So unless you're roleplaying a character with severe cardiomyopathy in PvP, you should have nothing to worry about.

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

@"Zexanima.7851" said:If we change it to a daze and call it "Throw Rock" instead I would be down. You can daze someone pretty good if you lug a rock at their noggin. I do agree though, for a skill where you rip a boulder from the ground and heave it at an enemy it's anticlimactic for it to only do 30 damage. For all the people arguing this doesn't matter, it does. It's an important part of game design. If it didn't then your auto attack would be called "Omega Super Star Blaster" and call a rain of divine energy to the earth, pulling the stars themselves from the sky... for 10 damage.mimimimi...you should have nothing to worry about.

What do you mean I have nothing to worry about? I have used heartseeker, stabbed a scrub right in the heart and he was still alive! Now not only my immersion is as absent as it was before, but you also gave me some serious trust issues on top of that. Not sure I'll ever recover :/

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:mimimimi...you should have nothing to worry about.

What do you mean I have nothing to worry about? I have used heartseeker, stabbed a scrub right in the heart and he was still alive! Now not only my immersion is as absent as it was before, but you also gave me some serious trust issues on top of that. Not sure I'll ever recover :/

I didn't say mimimimi! You're tripping me out more than the boulder now. I think this is personal.

You can survive a stab to the heart. Me going on after this betrayal is proof. FeelsBadMan.

• 2 weeks later...

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:After the recent changes to Rampage 4, or [Throw Boulder] it kind of trips me out taking a full second-long animation to rip a giant boulder from the ground and sling it at someone only for it to do 31 damage with Demolisher's ammy.

Not complaining about the damage, it's just ruining my immersion personally. For comparison; you can throw a bolas, and deal twice as much damage as a flying boulder, with Celestial stats.

A real traditional neolithic bolas design would use 2-3 small rocks as weights. In geology; to constitute as a boulder, a stone must be at least 10.1 inches in diameter. A bolas would not reasonably be able to be thrown with rocks of this diameter as lifting them would be incredibly difficult, and your range would be very limited. Not to mention it would inflict serious damage to whatever it hit. So you can't tell me [Throw Bolas] is just two boulders tied together.

I know this is a fantasy game, and it requires some suspension of disbelief. The act of even transforming into a massive hulking juggernaut is what even makes throwing a massive boulder at someone possible, but my immersion is thoroughly ruined when 2-3 small rocks do more damage than that same massive boulder.

My proposal

Since a couple of small rocks do more damage than [Throw Boulder] in PvP, I say the skill should be redesigned as [Throw Pebble] as a pebble is even smaller than a typical rock according to geology(that's science) and for immersion's sake.

For practical PvP use, the cast time of [Throw Pebble] could be 75% of that of [Throw Boulder](1/4th of a second.)You can keep the damage as is, because you may as well be throwing a pebble at 31 damage anyway.A 1s stun is a bit much for a pebble, so that could be changed to just a slightly disruptive short daze. Or even a taunt, since in reality being hit with a pebble would be very unexpected and annoying.

Please post any additional feedback and suggestions on [Throw Pebble] or you own personal grievances with [Throw Boulder] below. Arenanet; you have my contact information, and I understand completely if you want me for the balance team ASAP. Just ?

Oh the memes, sir. You humor me. Anet, fix the damage.

@"Zexanima.7851" said:If we change it to a daze and call it "Throw Rock" instead I would be down. You can daze someone pretty good if you lug a rock at their noggin. I do agree though, for a skill where you rip a boulder from the ground and heave it at an enemy it's anticlimactic for it to only do 30 damage. For all the people arguing this doesn't matter, it does. It's an important part of game design. If it didn't then your auto attack would be called "Omega Super Star Blaster" and call a rain of divine energy to the earth, pulling the stars themselves from the sky... for 10 damage.

Throw rock?! I can't believe what i'm seeing. My immersion is just gone.

I mean the second part of that sounds feasible, but i'm afraid i'm going to have to fight you on throw rock. In real life, I can throw a rock quicker than 1 second and I don't even have to turn into a massive hulking juggernaut to do it.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:And we don't know the physiology of all the races, this universe everyone could have multiple hearts. :p

...and be extra resistant to boulder damage. Yay! Now I can be fully immersed again and so can the creator of this great thread. :p

Actually it's been stated that no race gets any racial bonuses and that everyone has the same hitboxes/damage multipliers to keep it fair and balanced. To which, personally i'm willing to give that a pass in the immersion department. A large boulder hitting for half the damage of a bolas though? That's where I draw the line. If that's what's considered immersive; i'm taking Master Chief, and i'm getting the kitten out of here.

If you turn on default player models, everyone is actually a human anyway. So unless you're roleplaying a character with severe cardiomyopathy in PvP, you should have nothing to worry about.

I highly doubt you can pickup and throw a rock in under 1 second.

@RedShark.9548 said:We were talking about throw rock, not bolas.

A bolas is made of rocks. I don't follow.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Utility belt pouch.

I do not own one of these.

Oof, so you pick up the rocks, make a bola out of them, by connecting them with a chain and throw them in under 1sec?There is also a major difference between rampages throw rock and the bolas utillity.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:We were talking about throw rock, not bolas.

A bolas is made of rocks. I don't follow.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Utility belt pouch.

I do not own one of these.

Oof, so you pick up the rocks, make a bola out of them, by connecting them with a chain and throw them in under 1sec?There is also a major difference between rampages throw rock and the bolas utillity.

My immersion is completely broken now. Thanks.

@RedShark.9548 said:Oof, so you pick up the rocks, make a bola out of them, by connecting them with a chain and throw them in under 1sec?There is also a major difference between rampages throw rock and the bolas utillity.

I do in guild wars, but not in real life.

Immersion PepeHands

We'll need an ingame video proof of you actually doing it though.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:We'll need an ingame video proof of you actually doing it though.

I would if my busy schedule allowed. For now i'm too busy exposing high-level wintrading and match manipulation.

Just hop on a warrior, equip throw bolas, and watch the animation. The bolas comes from nowhere, and i'm not batman like @Lan Deathrider.5910 pointed out.

Please disregard this post if you are roleplaying batman.

@Sobx.1758 said:We'll need an ingame video proof of you actually doing it though.

I would if my busy schedule allowed. For now i'm too busy exposing high-level wintrading and match manipulation.

Just hop on a warrior, equip throw bolas, and watch the animation. The bolas comes from nowhere, and i'm not batman like @"Lan Deathrider.5910" pointed out.

Please disregard this post if you are roleplaying batman.

"Magic"