Dragonhunter nerfed yet again......

Shacka Hacka.7068

@"Ragnar.4257" said:

It was less than 2 years ago, and was a considerable buff. Certainly mes has seen alot of nerfs since then, but your statement was "nerfed every balance patch" which isn't true.

If I say mesmer has been nerfed every balance patch for 1 years and 10.5 months is it better ? Not that it makes any difference to my argument but oh well

@Ragnar.4257 said:

@"Shacka Hacka.7068" said:Nothing towards Mes and they talk about balance can someone explain?

Have we been playing the same game ? Pretty sure mesmer has been nerfed every balance patch for the last 2 years

Phantasm re-work would like a word with you.

The phantasm re-work was about 2 years ago, wasn't it? And mesmers have, in fact, seen pretty much nothing but nerfs patch after patch ever since. So, are we playing the same game? Or have you just not been playing for 2 years?

It was less than 2 years ago, and was a considerable buff. Certainly mes has seen alot of nerfs since then, but your statement was "nerfed every balance patch" which isn't true.

Except it was not a buff.All phantasms became worse except berserker and duelist.Warlock used to hit like a truck, now it tickles.Swordsman was the hardest hitting phantasm, now the damage is fragmented and you'll never hit your target.Warden used to be meh, now its worse than meh - its useless.Mage was trash but easy to hit, now it's still trash and never hits.Since phantasms can't be shatter anymore and take a lot of time to convert to clones, shatter became immensely slower and more predictable.

The only thing that can be consider a buff it's the illusion cluttering which only affects bad players anyway.

@LetoII.3782 said:

Game teaches how to lame yourself.

If I've learned one thing from online gaming, it's to play your hand the best you can figure out to. The Eula defines the rules.

Preciselly.

People with big fat screens were LoS abusing due bad code, Anet stated it was players improving themselves.

Rangers bow skills still can go trough walls and objects??

According to eula is a valid tactic, according to a well designed game it isn’t

Being the champ or a winner of a game designed to make effortless winings based on bad balance and iteration isn’t something to be proud of.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@"Shacka Hacka.7068" said:Nothing towards Mes and they talk about balance can someone explain?

Have we been playing the same game ? Pretty sure mesmer has been nerfed every balance patch for the last 2 years

The phantasm re-work was about 2 years ago, wasn't it? And mesmers have, in fact, seen pretty much nothing but nerfs patch after patch ever since. So, are we playing the same game? Or have you just not been playing for 2 years?

Except it was not a buff.All phantasms became worse except berserker and duelist.Warlock used to hit like a truck, now it tickles.Swordsman was the hardest hitting phantasm, now the damage is fragmented and you'll never hit your target.Warden used to be meh, now its worse than meh - its useless.Mage was trash but easy to hit, now it's still trash and never hits.Since phantasms can't be shatter anymore and take a lot of time to convert to clones, shatter became immensely slower and more predictable.

The only thing that can be consider a buff it's the illusion cluttering which only affects bad players anyway.

Dude, I play Mesmer (my second class). The phantasm rework was the best major redesign Anet ever did. Every single warlock became better. If You do not remember, right after the remake, chrono phantasm farm, was not only meta, every fucking team were running 2 and sometimes 3 of them. Anet had to do major splits to prevent this. Heck, even mirage became better after that. It most definitely was the best PvE change for Mesmer, ever.

Dunno what any of this has to do with guardian traps though.

@otto.5684 said:

Dude, I play Mesmer (my second class). The phantasm rework was the best major redesign Anet ever did. Every single warlock became better. If You do not remember, right after the remake, chrono phantasm farm, was not only meta, every kitten team were running 2 and sometimes 3 of them. Anet had to do major splits to prevent this. Heck, even mirage became better after that. It most definitely was the best PvE change for Mesmer, ever.

Dunno what any of this has to do with guardian traps though.

Phantasm design was good for pve and it was made for pve, since the gameplay was passive before it.Pvp/wvw on the other hand got gutted, phantasms that did good damage and/or whose accuracy was nice transformed into trash as I mentioned on the previous post, the exceptions were berserker, duelist and the utility ones who are useless nowadays anyway.The chrono thing was an overlook on ANerf part and not intended, not a buff.Shatter mesmer became way slower and predictable since phantasms take ages to convert and can't be shatter fodder anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Btw, if you saw the changes that Anet are proposing for DH in PvP.

SoJ, 0 damage.TS, 8 sec.DS, 0 damage.Test of Faith: Increased power coefficient of passthrough attack from 2.52 to 2.8. Reduced power coefficient of initial attack from 1.4 to 0.1. Reduced protection duration from 6 seconds to 2 seconds. Reduced cripple duration from 6 seconds to 3 seconds.DM, 0 damage. Not that it matters.

Defender's Dogma: Reduced Justice recharge from 3 seconds to 1 second. Reduced internal cooldown from 3 seconds to 1 second.Hunter's Determination: Increased cooldown from 90 seconds to 300 seconds. LOL 5 fucking minutes. On a passive proc. LMAO. Talk about fucking stupid.

Based on the changes FB barely had significant changes (beside number nerfs like everyone). Mantra's CD intact, with elite getting a bit of CD nerf. All the boons intact (slightly less duration). Tomes, some scaling nerfs. Axe 3, 3 secs nerf. If FB is dominating now, just wait.

LoW from 25 to 30 secs. Any hope for core guardian, bye bye.

Man, this patch is absolutely kills DH in PvP. It is barely a B-tier build.

@otto.5684 said:Btw, if you saw the changes that Anet are proposing for DH in PvP.

SoJ, 0 damage.TS, 8 sec.DS, 0 damage.Test of Faith: Increased power coefficient of passthrough attack from 2.52 to 2.8. Reduced power coefficient of initial attack from 1.4 to 0.1. Reduced protection duration from 6 seconds to 2 seconds. Reduced cripple duration from 6 seconds to 3 seconds.DM, 0 damage. Not that it matters.

Defender's Dogma: Reduced Justice recharge from 3 seconds to 1 second. Reduced internal cooldown from 3 seconds to 1 second.Hunter's Determination: Increased cooldown from 90 seconds to 300 seconds. LOL 5 kitten minutes. On a passive proc. LMAO. Talk about kitten stupid.

Based on the changes FB barely had significant changes (beside number nerfs like everyone). Mantra's CD intact, with elite getting a bit of CD nerf. All the boons intact (slightly less duration). Tomes, some scaling nerfs. Axe 3, 3 secs nerf. If FB is dominating now, just wait.

LoW from 25 to 30 secs. Any hope for core guardian, bye bye.

Man, this patch is absolutely kills DH in PvP. It is barely a B-tier build.

Yeah, it's pretty wild. All I can say is wait until the patch is live

Everyone got big damage nerfs, DH actually got off light here. They moved knockback into baseline DS so you can take Big Gamer Hunter. Not to mention, the new damage after virtue might be worth since they increase condi removal from smite while simutaneously nerfing condi application for many other specs.

The big nerf you should be concerned about is the trippling of D shot cast time, not damage splits which everyone received.

@FtoPScrub.5476 said:Everyone got big damage nerfs, DH actually got off light here. They moved knockback into baseline DS so you can take Big Gamer Hunter. Not to mention, the new damage after virtue might be worth since they increase condi removal from smite while simutaneously nerfing condi application for many other specs.

The big nerf you should be concerned about is the trippling of D shot cast time, not damage splits which everyone received.

Well, the 3 main damage sources for DH in sPvP, ToF, TS and DS were nerfed. What do you think is going to happen? Yes, it is hard to predict the meta with all these changes, but my money is on a build that can deal damage.

I find every change about DS to be dumb as fuck The damage of this skill was buffed recently. So what suddenly changed? And slower cast time? This has stupid written all over it.

@otto.5684 said:

@FtoPScrub.5476 said:Everyone got big damage nerfs, DH actually got off light here. They moved knockback into baseline DS so you can take Big Gamer Hunter. Not to mention, the new damage after virtue might be worth since they increase condi removal from smite while simutaneously nerfing condi application for many other specs.

Well, the 3 main damage sources for DH in sPvP, ToF, TS and DS were nerfed. What do you think is going to happen? Yes, it is hard to predict the meta with all these changes, but my money is on a build that can deal damage.

I find every change about DS to be dumb as kitten The damage of this skill was buffed recently. So what suddenly changed? And slower cast time? This has stupid written all over it.

You're thinking in a vacuum. DH literally got off easy in terms of damage compared to almost everyone else. Seriously, go read some of changes for other specs.

@"otto.5684" said:

Hunter's Determination: Increased cooldown from 90 seconds to 300 seconds. LOL 5 kitten minutes. On a passive proc. LMAO. Talk about kitten stupid.

They did this to pretty much all of the passive traits like this type (The Warrior's traits Defy Pain and The Last Stand both got hit with the 300 second cool down) , yes I think that is insane overkill "For Any CLASS!" . I agree with the idea that you should reward intelligent use/timing of skill use but these are traits are no way controlled by the player , and while I do agree that increasing their cool down could potentially force players to be thoughtful on how they play (because they don't these traits giving them a pass as often as they do now) but putting their cool down so high so as to almost remove their overall impact on your average PvP match up overwhelmingly poor design and planning( Hopefully if this does make to release?!? they see how broken it is and they scale it back to maybe 120 seconds or just see that the original 90 seconds wasn't bad in the first place) .

@FtoPScrub.5476 said:

I find every change about DS to be dumb as kitten The damage of this skill was buffed recently. So what suddenly changed? And slower cast time? This has stupid written all over it.

You're thinking in a vacuum. DH literally got off easy in terms of damage compared to almost everyone else. Seriously, go read some of changes for other specs.

I agree. Not LB though. DS will be dead since it cannot got anything. TS long CD. This no damage at all.

@RUNICBLACK.7630 said:

Hunter's Determination: Increased cooldown from 90 seconds to 300 seconds. LOL 5 kitten minutes. On a passive proc. LMAO. Talk about kitten stupid.

They did this to pretty much all of the passive traits like this type (The Warrior's traits Defy Pain and The Last Stand both got hit with the 300 second cool down) , yes I think that is insane overkill "For Any CLASS!" . I agree with the idea that you should reward intelligent use/timing of skill use but these are traits are no way controlled by the player , and while I do agree that increasing their cool down could potentially force players to be thoughtful on how they play (because they don't these traits giving them a pass as often as they do now) but putting their cool down so high so as to almost remove their overall impact on your average PvP match up overwhelmingly poor design and planning( Hopefully if this does make to release?!? they see how broken it is and they scale it back to maybe 120 seconds or just see that the original 90 seconds wasn't bad in the first place) .

It does not make it less dumb. They should have removed all passive traits. Especially that this is round 2 of Nerfing passive traits. You cannot do place holder nerf twice over more than a year span. How lazy is Anet dev team?