Roaming with Reaper in WVW

GoTT.1286

Part of me wants to say nice vid, great gameplay (Love how that group with the 2 thieves around the 5 min mark was oblivious that a reaper was coming lol)

Part of me that doesnt like necros wants to be all like "Cant believe they let a reaper man handle them like that". Necros are the 1 class I love to fight (Ones that run axe are a thorn in my side) and will 99% of the time be the first I target when roaming. I find pleasure in beating them lol.

Points for reking those rangers (1 known counter class to necros). GS pull is awesome. Guildie of mine co mains a reaper and runs GS and when he nails a group, its devastating and gross lol)

@Imperious.4298 said:Reapers are probably one of the scariest to encounter when roaming. I'm able to kill a Scourge more easily than a Reaper now, part of why I'm avoiding roaming for a bit cause they're just everywhere!!!!

Scourges are way scarier, cant melee them, aids spread all around them, you see a reaper you attack, he goes into shroud, you run, he comes out of shroud, you go at him again.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Imperious.4298 said:Reapers are probably one of the scariest to encounter when roaming. I'm able to kill a Scourge more easily than a Reaper now, part of why I'm avoiding roaming for a bit cause they're just everywhere!!!!

Scourges are way scarier, cant melee them, aids spread all around them, you see a reaper you attack, he goes into shroud, you run, he comes out of shroud, you go at him again.

the Reapers I've seen always seem to have full shroud Hp in like 5 seconds, magic or I'm bad, either way they still scare me :'3

1. Play a character with good mobility/ a safe long ranged teleport to get out of melee range.
  2. Bait their Reaper form
  3. If they took the bait and went into Reaper form, back off. Usually they will turn their Shroud off after a few seconds because Reaper Shroud consumes more Lifeforce per second than Core Necro Shroud/Scourge.
  4. Use this 10 seconds to apply damage. If played skillfully, yu can force out a heal.
  5. Repeat until dead.

Don't try to whale on their Reaper Form to break it.It's a waste since yu may be using Cooldowns to break their Lifeforce pool but I assure yu, they can build it right back up insanely quickly with Axe 2 and Staff Marks (if traited)

If they start running for Chickens or things which are dying, it is a very obvious sign that they are low on Lifeforce.Yu won't really be able to deny them the Lifeforce, but yu can take this as a sign that they are currently locked out of Reaper form or even if they proc it, it wouldn't last very long and yu should keep the pressure up.

@RedShark.9548 said:

It is really much, much easier to kill a roaming scourge (lol, its a meme) than a reaper. Especially in melee.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

It is really much, much easier to kill a roaming scourge (lol, its a meme) than a reaper. Especially in melee.

Not in my experience, if they run full condi and a tanky build everytime you go melee they have an aoe around them rdy to load you up with conditions.Ofc if they use all at once you just dodge and wait it out, but if they use it bit by bit.Ofc roaming scourge is bad, because they have no mobillity, but for full melees they can be a pain in a 1v1.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:But the community did vote for the necro as the most common roamer so I'm sure they wont need it.

Didn't "the community" (mainly necros, I assume) also vote for necros to have the most hard counters in the game? How can you be a good roamer when almost everything hard counters you? :cry:

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"Dawdler.8521" said:But the community did vote for the necro as the most common roamer so I'm sure they wont need it.

Didn't "the community" (mainly necros, I assume) also vote for necros to have the most hard counters in the game? How can you be a good roamer when almost everything
hard counters
you? :cry:The moment your "other class" encounter matches your skill level you have a problem, because it has an easier time to bait the necro's weaknesses than you.

It's easier to say: "just do "this one thing" when fighting that reaper, core, scourge and your winning chances will go through the roof" than against any other class because other classes don't have such obvious weaknesses the class user can't play around. Even guardians can build for mobility. Even thieves can build for some kind of fight presence.

A reaper can't compensate simple kiting, a core necro can't compensate cc pressure, a scourge can't compensate anything.

The only reason why as a necro player I am still playing this game is because most other players suck at the game which grants my success. Side note regarding this point: Some of the players in the video are the most skillful ones you can find on kodash. This should put the roaming capability of necro into perspective.