Would you like new titles for WvW?

EremiteAngel.9765

@RedShark.9548 said:

@"TheGrimm.5624" said:They should never have dropped the requirements for the ones we have. When they did a lot of vets insta-got them which dropped their value on that day.

Lol, the stonemist titles were impossible to get.Even with 2 zergs just standing there and cap it every 5 minutes (takes longer than 5 minutes with buff and lord)It would have taken several years of nonstop flipping to get it.

Take stonemist 100.000 times.Even with instantcapping and just 5min timer you could cap it every 10 minutes.Thats 1.000.000 minutes /60/24/365 is 1.902 years of constant flipping.

Yea give back old numbers.

Newsflash, it's
been
several years. IMO They should have left them as long-term objectives, we'd still have completed them by now but at least people might feel like they achieved something - you know... like the word "achievement" suggests?

Newsflash, realisticly you still wouldnt be able to have it.

Did you not think about what i wrote? 1.9years with capping it EVERY 10 minutes 24/7 without taking any breaks inbetween. Now think about how often stonemist castle is actually being capped and tell me your big newsflash again.

Ps. To put it i to another perspective.We just assume the game is already 8 years old (release was 28. August 2012)Thats would be 8*365=2920 days.100.000/2920=34.25 stonemist caps per day.34.25 (i know you cant flip it just a quarter) stonemist flips each and every single day, for 8 years straight.Even if you played 24 hours each day for 8 years you would have to flip it more than once per hour.THATS the most hardcore karmatrain ever, and you would need 2 of those, one who caps it back, so you can retake it.

I'm an adult, I can accept being wrong and compromise. I would have preferred the nerf to be less extreme and am glad they at least left the Ultimate Dominator as quite a difficult one to complete.

Something not harming the WvW is a big plus. And some new titles cannot harm.What do you say? It also cannot help? Well, this is. At least we will know that ANet still considers WvW as part of their own game.

Still the implementation should be done in such a way to avoid the following issues:

@RedShark.9548 said:

Take stonemist 100.000 times.Even with instantcapping and just 5min timer you could cap it every 10 minutes.Thats 1.000.000 minutes /60/24/365 is 1.902 years of constant flipping.

Yea give back old numbers.

Although the number seems ok and like other achievements we already have - 100 000 drinks for example - the minimum amount of time involved will most probably discourage the new players, at the beginning of their WvW activity. Not every payer has almost 2 000 years to spend in a game =)

Also, the new achievements should be obtainable by all the players, with no discrimination:

@Chimera.8263 said:

• I'm Here Only For Gift of Battle(after finishing Gift of Battle WvW track while having WvW rank <250)

• Please Make Warclaw Faster In PVE(after unlocking Warclaw mount while having WvW rank <250)

Can you imagine what a storm of complains you can have from the players with a WvW rank greater than 250?

@"Chimera.8263" said:

• I'm Here Only For Gift of Battle(after finishing Gift of Battle WvW track while having WvW rank <250)

• Please Make Warclaw Faster In PVE(after unlocking Warclaw mount while having WvW rank <250)

• Please Wait For Me!(after getting one shotted by perma stealth thief while running back to zerg)

• Gotta Catch Em All(awarded for having every possible condition on your at the same time, basically after 1st blob vs blob fight)

While this may seem funny to vets, the same kind of mentality is why WvW has terrible player uptake these days. For the record, I've been playing WvW for ~6 years, and am semi well-known, but my rank is still below 300 because I don't WXP farm.

I just do alot of defense, a bit of roaming and mostly seek out small fights, rarely joining the tag.

Alot of high-rankers got there with Birthday boosters, zergballing, EoTM ktrain, etc. Very few did it "properly", and this is common knowledge, heck; its why alot of people even played WvW for a long time, purely for the thrill of rapidly gaining ranks and rewards.

Its not even reflecting of playtime because anyone who does small scale, roaming, home BL defense, gets low WXP over time.

Please don't look down upon low rank players, especially if they're new, unless you specifically know they're bad.

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@"Chimera.8263" said:
  • Please Wait For Me!(after getting one shotted by perma stealth thief while running back to zerg)
  • Gotta Catch Em All(awarded for having every possible condition on your at the same time, basically after 1st blob vs blob fight)

While this may seem funny to vets, the same kind of mentality is why WvW has terrible player uptake these days. For the record, I've been playing WvW for ~6 years, and am semi well-known, but my rank is still below 300 because I don't WXP farm.

I just do alot of defense, a bit of roaming and mostly seek out small fights, rarely joining the tag.

Alot of high-rankers got there with Birthday boosters, zergballing, EoTM ktrain, etc. Very few did it "properly", and this is common knowledge, heck; its why alot of people even played WvW for a long time, purely for the thrill of rapidly gaining ranks and rewards.

Its not even reflecting of playtime because anyone who does small scale, roaming, home BL defense, gets low WXP over time.

Please don't look down upon low rank players, especially if they're new, unless you specifically know they're bad.

This game is 7 years old. Even without boosters, one can be at least mithril rank, if playing wvw regularly. Being rank 300 after 6 years means that you dont really play much wvw.We also know not to underestimate low rank players because many have alt accounts. But when you see that core ranger, with full signets, doing 2% dmg on a T0 wall with a superior cata, well...

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@"Chimera.8263" said:

Its great cause ive been here for 7 years, and am only rank 313. I stay away from wvw because of just how -bad- it is a game mode. i do play it quite a bit when im required to though. I go there solely for GOBS most of the time, but i spend alot of time there -after- i obtain one. My server however is -dead- when im able to play, so getting wxp takes way way longer.

I love scouting, and capturing camps. I really dont enjoy large scale fights so i avoid those. sometimes i help with keeps and towers, capturing camps that are constantly being sat on by enemies takes even longer than it would normally.

Maybe if i could play without getting ganked i would play more, but theres so little counterplay to the builds i encounter the most, that i dont care to try and learn. As it i dont recommend wvw to new players. Its less toxic than pvp sure, but its not much better.