Official Feedback Thread about Build and Equipment Templates - Page 22 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Official Feedback Thread about Build and Equipment Templates

Comments

• I noticed theres no mention to build/equipment templates on the roadmap, it shatters my heart.

There was even a player-designed mockup for a new system that looks awesome, but im starting to loose faith this one feature will be left "as is".

Your thoughts?

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@roso.1536 said:
    I noticed theres no mention to build/equipment templates on the roadmap, it shatters my heart.

There was even a player-designed mockup for a new system that looks awesome, but im starting to loose faith this one feature will be left "as is".

Your thoughts?

It’s done from their perspective. Only sales on the slots.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well, what do you think should change? We got build templates, after years, they work.
    Anet wants to make money off of them, thats why you only have so few. What else would you want, stay reasonable tho?

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

"it just works"? Sorry couldn't help it XD

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

to be fair this used to be free. :/

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Sovereign.1093 said:

In GW1. It was only allowed in GW2 (ARCDPS templates) while Anet worked on what we have today.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

I thought they already posted some stuff on it long ago, like how they where fixing the auto changing of WvW/PvE/PvP templates.

gaggle - /ˈɡaɡ(ə)l/ - noun
    A disorderly group of Asura.
    "The gaggle of Asura tried to agree on whether a phase-shifted thermonuclear energy matrix was sufficiently powerful for a device capable of heating bread"

• Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 27, 2019

@TwoGhosts.6790 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:
    This could be argued forever because of the dipolarity of the perspectives. The one fact remains that will ALWAYS be there; the risk to use third party software is on the player. This all comes down to a bunch of people who think they are getting screwed over because of a baseline they established for themselves and an expectation they set for Anet from using 3rd party software. That is part of the risk and this is an excellent example of what happens when that risk becomes reality for players who can't accept it.

You mean the risk ...

No, that's not what I mean AT ALL. I said EXACTLY what I meant ... the risk to use third party software will ALWAYS be on the player. Not recognizing that is being irresponsible, ESPECIALLY if you are going to use dishonest accusations to not accept that fact.

If you're on a highway and roadrunner goes "beep beep"
    Just step aside or you might end up in a heap

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

In GW1. It was only allowed in GW2 (ARCDPS templates) while Anet worked on what we have today.

:/ well something not free must be bug free

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 27, 2019

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

:/ well something not free must be bug free

Like a F2P player purchasing the game? Or any game rather?

• @Obtena.7952 said:

@TwoGhosts.6790 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:
    This could be argued forever because of the dipolarity of the perspectives. The one fact remains that will ALWAYS be there; the risk to use third party software is on the player. This all comes down to a bunch of people who think they are getting screwed over because of a baseline they established for themselves and an expectation they set for Anet from using 3rd party software. That is part of the risk and this is an excellent example of what happens when that risk becomes reality for players who can't accept it.

You mean the risk ...

No, that's not what I mean AT ALL. I said EXACTLY what I meant ... the risk to use third party software will ALWAYS be on the player. Not recognizing that is being irresponsible, ESPECIALLY if you are going to use dishonest accusations to not accept that fact.

No, it was what you meant. Because what other risk, at all, did we (and this is hilarious, by the way) 'irresponsible players' run? The only 'risk' we ran was having our "established baseline" ruined and Anet fail to meet our "expectations". That's how you described the so-called 'risk' of using ARC. I simply unpacked what those expectations were.

There are no dishonest accusations here. There is simply feedback in a feedback thread. A lot of it takes the form of extremely harsh criticism. You don't like that. I don't care.

I guess if Anet would show up here, to their own forums, in their own defence, then perhaps you wouldn't feel so obliged to speak on their behalf.

Sometimes I come to these forums and I learn something new, find myself educated or have my opinion changed.

This is not one of those occasions.

You still haven't answered any of the questions I've asked you. But it doesn't matter. I'm done with you now.

• Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭

Not sure why this needs to be a thread.

@Dawdler.8521 said:
    I thought they already posted some stuff on it long ago, like how they where fixing the auto changing of WvW/PvE/PvP templates.

Switching to a default equipment/build tab was implemented December 3 , with out of combat weaponswap on ele + engi. For WvW it makes the templates restored to original function essentially but with added builds/equipment setups. For PvP your build+ equipment is locked once match starts so the benefit is lost there but allows for you to quick swap prior to match.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1099265/#Comment_1099265
    Rest of the mentioned roadmap for templates is
    " Ease of swapping legendary equipment between characters & Greater flexibility when making experimental changes to templates."
    My guess is that means legendary gear will get some usability improvements with the template system and the build templates will get a save changes option

Speculation:

• It's been datamined that you can have up to 10 build templates/equipment templates (but at the current pricing for most people it is probably better to buy character slots, particularly for WvW)
    • Ideally build storage would be cut down in pricing by quite a lot per slot, even if the amount of payment is the same 500 gems (i.e. 500 gems gets you 9 slots or even 18).
    • Equipment template pricing could be implemented such that buying 5+ gets you 20-30% off similar to other things in the gem store. I don't see this dropping in price much if at all.
    • Originally build templates were only to be switched in WvW spawn , but it's any time out of combat right now. It remains to be seen whether this will change. I see many people suggest this to be an account-wide unlock but given additional crafting license is 800 gems , I'd think the price would go up if made an account-wide unlock.
  • Moradorin.6217Moradorin.6217 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 28, 2019

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Moradorin.6217 said:
    They dont work, they punnish people who use legendary weapons by doing bullkitten like automatically removing the sigils and infusions from your weapons each time you try to change your weapon set

That was fixed when Episode 1 of the Icebrood Saga released.

@UnDeadFun.5824 said:
    At least we have a clear roadmap to show us they are never going to address the real issues with templates. :/

I doubt it. They said the templates system's problems were going to be addressed and they will be. Polishing already released content doesn't count as new content. ;)

Actaully, what I am talking about has NOT been fixed. It still does it as of this moment. What I am talking about is the fact that every time you move a legendary from inventory into which ever "template tab" you have to ALSO replace the sigil and infusion manually EACH TIME. This is because every time a legendary weapon gets pulled from the weapon slot in the inventory swapping process it seems to, for lack of a better term, assume you are removing the weapon from the template as opposed to trying to just use a different weapon without having a tab for EVERY weapon and weapon combo. This is 100% consistent and repeatable, and its a kitten pain in the kitten that punishes players who try to use legendary weapons outside of only using pre-configured template tabs, which many people dont have, cant afford, and/or wouldnt want to buy. Really, no matter how you look at it, its a problem. People get legendaries because they are supposed to be the uncontested best that will always be upgraded if/when things in the game change (for instance infusion slots and new stat combinations). This issue with templates locks this function away behind a NEW gemstore unlock so to speak which people couldn't have known about before hand so again, no matter how you look at this is IS a SERIOUS issue that IS insulting to any player who, like myself, happens to have the default 2 tabs and a bunch of weapons and weapon combos that they use because now it takes longer than before to get my weapons swapped and setup w sigils, etc and some times when Im in a hurry I have forgotten and gone into battle without my sigils and infusions because I SHOULDNT HAVE TO DO ALL THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE AND DIDNT UNTILL NOW. I know you are trying to help, so am I. Im trying to help us get this issue resolved because it IS a serious one. =)

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 28, 2019

@TwoGhosts.6790 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:

@TwoGhosts.6790 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:

You mean the risk ...

No, it was what you meant. Because what other risk, at all, did we (and this is hilarious, by the way) 'irresponsible players' run? The only 'risk' we ran was having our "established baseline" ruined and Anet fail to meet our "expectations". That's how you described the so-called 'risk' of using ARC. I simply unpacked what those expectations were.

That is dishonest, sorry. Any "risk" of say:

• having your account terminated because arc did something which was against ToS (accidentally or by design) would have been on you
    • any item destruction, damage to characters, damage to account, etc. would have been on you
    • any security risk associated with any usage of a 3rd party app would have been on you (say someone put up a temporary malicious version of arc and got player's account data, etc.)

It's fine to argue that risk was minimal with certain 3rd party software, but it was/is always higher and especially with other individuals (mostly with one self as it was always "use at your own risk" versus the developers) compared to have built in versions.

Deltaconnected even has a HUGE red disclaimer at the top. Let me in fact quote it for you:

MODIFYING GUILD WARS 2 THROUGH ANY 3RD PARTY TOOLS IS NOT SUPPORTED BY ARENANET OR NCSOFT.
    THERE IS NO HELP OR WARRANTY. THIS IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY
    FOR USING THIS TOOL. IF YOU FEEL THIS PROVIDES GAMEPLAY ADVANTAGE OR AUTOMATION OR BREAKS ANY OTHER
    RULES DO NOT USE THIS.
    IMPORTANT: DO NOT CONTACT ARENANET SUPPORT OR REQUEST HELP ON THE OFFICIAL FORUMS WHILE USING THIS
    MODIFICATION BY ANY MEANS OR UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES EVER.

@TwoGhosts.6790 said:
    There are no dishonest accusations here. There is simply feedback in a feedback thread. A lot of it takes the form of extremely harsh criticism. You don't like that. I don't care.

Criticism is fine, but it should remain honest.

• Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 28, 2019

@TwoGhosts.6790 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:

@TwoGhosts.6790 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:

You mean the risk ...

No, it was what you meant.

I know better than ANYONE ELSE HERE what I meant, including you. I'm not here to confuse you with complicated wordsmithing or apparently, even simple statements; exactly what I said is what I meant. The risk is on the player if they decide to use 3rd party tools. This is NOT a statement that can be disputed or confused in any way whatsoever.

Just because you don't see the risk (or simply refuse to accept it was there and don't acknowledge it) doesn't mean it wasn't yours to take on. This is why there is a standing, universal recognition for every MMO I've ever encoutered that players should not use 3rd party tools. Again, if you choose to ignore that, the consequences will fall directly on you, whatever they may be. This feature is a great example of that.

If you're on a highway and roadrunner goes "beep beep"
    Just step aside or you might end up in a heap

• knite.1542knite.1542 Member ✭✭✭

@Ashantara.8731 said:
    This is truly worth quoting for value. Let's keep our fingers crossed that the devs will see this! <3

Don't get your hopes up. The content is out and people are paying for it. It's not getting changed now.

If your team wins it's because of everyone else. If your team loses, blame the thief.
    ranger is OP but holo is more OP so its fine
    Why do this matter at all, you have people asking you why play so bad as fractal god?
    If they would pull that kitten on me, i would sue instantly. And i have enough time and money to finish that.
    Balance? More like a bunch of random nerfs done by interns.

• Etria.3642Etria.3642 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Obtena.7952 said:

@TwoGhosts.6790 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:

@TwoGhosts.6790 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:

You mean the risk ...

No, it was what you meant.

I know better than ANYONE ELSE HERE what I meant, including you. I'm not here to confuse you with complicated wordsmithing or apparently, even simple statements; exactly what I said is what I meant. The risk is on the player if they decide to use 3rd party tools. This is NOT a statement that can be disputed or confused in any way whatsoever.

Just because you don't see the risk (or simply refuse to accept it was there and don't acknowledge it) doesn't mean it wasn't yours to take on. This is why there is a standing, universal recognition for every MMO I've ever encoutered that players should not use 3rd party tools. Again, if you choose to ignore that, the consequences will fall directly on you, whatever they may be. This feature is a great example of that.

I find I am curious as to the answer to his question too. Did you or do you use arcdps?

• price reasonable yet?

@susana.7814 said:
    price reasonable yet?

That's a subjective question. How you define reasonable may not be what others define it to be. Clearly, ANet believes it is reasonable.

Very.
    Casual.

• TwoGhosts.6790TwoGhosts.6790 Member ✭✭✭

@kharmin.7683 said:

@susana.7814 said:
    price reasonable yet?

That's a subjective question. How you define reasonable may not be what others define it to be. Clearly, ANet believes it is reasonable.

And what do you think?
    This is a feedback thread.

• @TwoGhosts.6790 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@susana.7814 said:
    price reasonable yet?

And what do you think?

I think for the type of system they created and how is it implanted ingame right now, the price is absolutely and shamefully abusive and unreasonable.
    However...if you watch the gaming industry standards nowadays(and more expecially the korean online/mmo industry) its totally fine and EVEN could have been put for more cash that it is right now(if korean people were hypothetically in charge of pricing).

• TwoGhosts.6790TwoGhosts.6790 Member ✭✭✭

@DarkEmiLupus.2876 said:

@TwoGhosts.6790 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@susana.7814 said:
    price reasonable yet?

And what do you think?

I think for the type of system they created and how is it implanted ingame right now, the price is absolutely and shamefully abusive and unreasonable.
    However...if you watch the gaming industry standards nowadays(and more expecially the korean online/mmo industry) its totally fine and EVEN could have been put for more cash that it is right now(if korean people were hypothetically in charge of pricing).

I agree with you.
    I quoted the other guy though.
    The one who seemed to think that what Anet believes is relevant in this thread.
    It isn't.
    I was curious what his opinion was.
    But if they do believe it's reasonable, they're wrong.
    That won't, sadly, stop some people from wasting their money on this kitten.
    But two wrongs don't make a right.

@TwoGhosts.6790 said:

I was curious what his opinion was.
    But if they do believe it's reasonable, they're wrong.

Yeah. Ok. So my opinion is wrong. Thanks for letting me know.

Very.
    Casual.

• SoulGuardian.6203SoulGuardian.6203 Member ✭✭✭✭

Someone might have posted this already, but sometimes when adding equipment to slot 2, then hover the mouse pointer over the slot 1 tab, it shows the wrong stats comparison between both.

You have to completely exit Hero pannel and bring it up again to refresh.

Also, occasionally happens with the dyes too.

• Fenella.2634Fenella.2634 Member ✭✭✭

I just noticed that the autoswitch between gamemodes not just applies to build loadouts, but also equipment. :)
    That's pretty much the first real advantage of this system compared to the old one where we had to remember to equip the right weapons each time. Small thing, but nice to have.

• @Ashantara.8731 said:

@BlackyWarsX.5384 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Moradorin.6217 said:
    They dont work, they punnish people who use legendary weapons by doing bullkitten like automatically removing the sigils and infusions from your weapons each time you try to change your weapon set

No it wasn't. It still removes upgrades from legendary weapons if you swap them on the fly.

It doesn't for me, unless the bug re-occured with one of the later patches.

So, out of curiosity, I tried again today switching my legendary scepter and sword set for a legendary greatsword with two exotic runes in it. It kept the exotic runes in the greatsword after switching back. I now I tried this immediatly after they wrote about it in the patchnotes, but it didn't work back then. Glad it does now.

But switching back has become a hassle as my initial setup, scepter and sword, is stored in another template as well. So after equipping the greatsword, scepter and sword went back into the gear storage, unequipping all upgrades and infusions applied to them.

In order to get back to my inital setting, I have to reequip the weapon from the gear storage and reapply all upgrades and infusions again. With legendary sigils, I have to remember the sigil I had before and need to search for it again in the customization window. And to be honest, I have no idea how they could fix that with the gear storage in place. I think it would work if there was an item check using the normal inventory, but that's just wild guessing.

Also: Thanks for all the love for my mockups, I just wished Arenanet could reshape the system to be more like them.

• @BlackyWarsX.5384 said:
    Dear diary, it's me! Laganja! With another fever dream!

I would use it %100. This is real compact and customizable and looks fantastic !! lemme join this dream pls uwu

@BlackyWarsX.5384 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@BlackyWarsX.5384 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Moradorin.6217 said:

No it wasn't. It still removes upgrades from legendary weapons if you swap them on the fly.

It doesn't for me, unless the bug re-occured with one of the later patches.

So, out of curiosity, I tried again today switching my legendary scepter and sword set for a legendary greatsword with two exotic runes in it. It kept the exotic runes in the greatsword after switching back. I now I tried this immediatly after they wrote about it in the patchnotes, but it didn't work back then. Glad it does now.

But switching back has become a hassle as my initial setup, scepter and sword, is stored in another template as well. So after equipping the greatsword, scepter and sword went back into the gear storage, unequipping all upgrades and infusions applied to them.

In order to get back to my inital setting, I have to reequip the weapon from the gear storage and reapply all upgrades and infusions again. With legendary sigils, I have to remember the sigil I had before and need to search for it again in the customization window. And to be honest, I have no idea how they could fix that with the gear storage in place. I think it would work if there was an item check using the normal inventory, but that's just wild guessing.

Also: Thanks for all the love for my mockups, I just wished Arenanet could reshape the system to be more like them.

Yes! This is exactly the issue I have with templates at present. I use more combinations of weapons than the default tabs provide and the new system strips my weapons of sigils and infusions if I swap on that isn't already setup in a template tab which I don't have enough of. Furthermore, I find it a little insulting to people with legendaries because it only really impacts them and it makes dealing with changing gear more hassle than before they added this template system. Others in previous posts actually tried to refute that this is a valid issue. Thank you for your comment as it's factually accurate and might help resolve the issues many of us are having with the present template system.

edited January 12, 2020

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:
    Someone might have posted this already, but sometimes when adding equipment to slot 2, then hover the mouse pointer over the slot 1 tab, it shows the wrong stats comparison between both.

You have to completely exit Hero pannel and bring it up again to refresh.

Also, occasionally happens with the dyes too.

This was actually an issue with legendary gear before the templates so I don't think its template specific. I noticed it swapping runes infusions when going between wvw and fractals on my armor.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@susana.7814 said:
    price reasonable yet?

Nope. Still waiting on a sale myself.

• So, I'm not sure if this is new or has been there all along. But I can't get the build template to maintain either armor skins or dyes on a shared legendary set of armor. I burnt through quite a few transmutation charges trying to have a different set of skins and dyes (one set for each build) but they just don't seem to stick.

The runes and infusions do stay in place but the skins and dyes are now "shared" along with the legendary armor. Please tell me this is a bug.

Tootsie
    Sanctum of Rall [FLUX]
    "shut up and suck less" is the new GW2 manifesto

@dbill.7483 said:
    So, I'm not sure if this is new or has been there all along. But I can't get the build template to maintain either armor skins or dyes on a shared legendary set of armor. I burnt through quite a few transmutation charges trying to have a different set of skins and dyes (one set for each build) but they just don't seem to stick.

The runes and infusions do stay in place but the skins and dyes are now "shared" along with the legendary armor. Please tell me this is a bug.

Yea it wont do that, I wish it would. To get 2 looks I have to use 2 physical sets still. That would be nice though. The closest it will do is change the infusions which can give a specific look for each with visual infusions.

edited January 19, 2020

@dbill.7483 said:

No bug. It was said multiple times that "remembering" skins wasn't a thing yet, they might add that feature some time in the future. After all, those aren't templates but loadouts - since they don't "remember" anything else for that matter once an item or a skill has been removed from the loadout, why would you expect it to remember skin choices of all things?

• I supposed I should have posted this in the "things you can't do with your awesome legendary stuff" thread.
    You can count me as another legendary owner that finds the new build stuff useless.

Tootsie
    Sanctum of Rall [FLUX]
    "shut up and suck less" is the new GW2 manifesto

• arielwind.8921arielwind.8921 Member ✭✭✭

Still no clue to fix the random order of revenant utility skills? Every time when I use templates, need to check and replace both legend utilities.(including underwater ones)
    This is especially UNFAIR in WvW.

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2020

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@susana.7814 said:
    price reasonable yet?

Nope. Still waiting on a sale myself.

Considering that the times of bigger sale cuts are long gone (can be seen when comparing % of sale cuts on black friday/game birthday events and seeing how they get smaller and smaller with each year), the pricing will be atrocious even when on sale. And it will still be a price for a system with a partially broken and incomplete functionality.
    Sadly, at this point i do not believe that Anet cares about it at all.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zok.4956 said:

@susana.7814 said:
    price reasonable yet?

No. The price is far from reasonable.

Two build template expansions/slots (300 gems each) and two build storage expansions/slots (500 gems each) cost in total 1600 gems.

For half the price (800 gems) you can buy a new character slot that already has the above slots and much more and with the large amount of leveling scrolls I have and the skyscale it is now very easy and fast to collect the hero points for the elite-specializations.

If I ever would need more loadout/storage slots for a specific role, I would use one of my several other characters for this role.

Watch them triple the character slot prices for every slot past the 9th.

Still waiting for those loadout slots to be put on sale... (twiddles thumbs)

• Zok.4956Zok.4956 Member ✭✭✭

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Zok.4956 said:

@susana.7814 said:
    price reasonable yet?

No. The price is far from reasonable.

Two build template expansions/slots (300 gems each) and two build storage expansions/slots (500 gems each) cost in total 1600 gems.

For half the price (800 gems) you can buy a new character slot that already has the above slots and much more and with the large amount of leveling scrolls I have and the skyscale it is now very easy and fast to collect the hero points for the elite-specializations.

If I ever would need more loadout/storage slots for a specific role, I would use one of my several other characters for this role.

Watch them triple the character slot prices for every slot past the 9th.

Don't give them such ideas, please. B)

https://www.gw2gh.com/ - A GW2-Guild-Hall.
    Register and check your guild leaderboard to see who is the best in your guild and who finished achievements first.

• Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2020

@dbill.7483 said:
    I supposed I should have posted this in the "things you can't do with your awesome legendary stuff" thread.
    You can count me as another legendary owner that finds the new build stuff useless.

The appearance thing is a problem, but for legendary armor moreso than weapons. There's a balance update coming apparently so legendary gear still has its uses if you don't want to keep swapping stats via Mystic Forge.

At their inception the biggest non-pricing complaint I had was the lack of build auto-switching per mode and the legendary weapon stat reset confusion on unequip.

Right now the bugfix priority is likely on revenant legends and utility skills.

As far as pricing goes, I highly doubt I will spend anything on build storage at this point since I have made due with storing templates externally as well as a few in personal guild message of the day. I don't think the accountants over at NCsoft will cave and make "build templates" hotkeys account-wide purchases either. I purchased a few equipment templates but for me to go full on with them I think there needs to be a discount for over 5 purchased at a time (see everything that is sold in multiples, there's typically 20-30% discount for 5,10,15 at a time) since it will end up quite pricey.

It's far cheaper just to have a dedicated PvE/PvE and PvP character as it's typically power/condi (low ramp condi such as weaver/firebrand is typically favored) and a few classes chosen for support (mainly guardian but also renegade, chrono in PvE only, druid in PvE, heal tempest, heal scourge, scrapper , etc).

If I had to guess the likely course of action once Lunar New Year passes and the next living Story's influx of returning players on Jan 28 is over there might be an uninspired template "bundle" of some sort that probably won't be worth it. If selling a bundle on the webstore (via Digital River rather than for gems) is the only way for a reasonable bundle, so be it. Just don't insult everyone by including boosters you get from Black Lion Chests and dailies or transmutation charges that WvW/PvP players have hundreds or thousands of.

• @Awesumness.1823 said:

In my game journeys abroad, I tried Destiny 2. The more I played, the more I came to hate inventory management within Destiny 2 and I nearly quit. But then I found Destiny Item Manager (DIM), a community supported, open source, and officially encouraged (since 2016) tool for letting players move items using a web browser AND it lets users create build templates. The template tools even let the user identify stat goals (I want X vitality, Y toughness) and it will attempt to autofill your gear from your bank to meet those goals. It's essentially like GW2Efficiency + move privileges via API + Arc templates + more. Free. From a browser. Multi monitor and tablet/phone users rejoice!

My god, that sounds awesome!
    I've always thought it would be better if it were actual templates that check for the item in your inventory/bank. If it's not there, it gives a short warning that some items could not be found and will not be loaded. Could be extended to a web based solution with the API like your example. The possibilities!