How come there are no cute shoes in this game?

I am playing my Warrior to map complete and wanted to change the shoes, but they are all UGLY! sometimes a girl just wants to put on her stilettos and stomp a few monsters. Or walk around town in her thigh high boots. I played Skyforge for a while, and I miss the outfits and shoes the most. :) Please think about adding some better looking shoes with high heels. I would rather buy studded, beaded, crystal, maybe feathered high heels from Black Lion then a cape.

Thanks~(A shoe lover IRL)

• Confused 1

There are high heels in the game, in fact we've previously had people on this forum complaining that there are too many high heels and it's difficult to avoid them if you want flat shoes. I think how common they are might depend on the armour weight though. The OP mentioned playing a warrior so they're in heavy armour which mostly uses thick metal, knee high boots. Medium armour has some shoes and mainly knee or thigh high leather boots, and light armour is mainly mid-calf or ankle boots and some shoes. I can't log in right now and I'm not going to go through every armour page on the Wiki to see a back view, so I'm not sure how common high heels are on each armour weight, but I remember seeing some for all 3.

I'm not sure what constitutes 'cute shoes' but I think light armour or outfits might be the only options.

GW2 is rough in general when it comes to shoes...or I should say when it comes to what looks good to me. I don't even venture into certain races simply because shoes look terrible on them, speaking about sylvari in particular...don't get me started on how distorted they look overall in many armor sets.I find myself regulated to very few that I use over and over again(don't look good or weird clipping with leggings). Female characters I find are easier on the eyes, even the terrible ones have better proportions imo than the male versions.If I could change or suggest anything to anet when it comes to armor, better looking shoes is always at the top of my list, followed shortly by Weight Removal or Requirement(shift/move the armor numbers elsewhere or remove them and bring on something like enchantments to replace that aspect, could even theme them...magic wards for spells and physical wards for, well for physical damage), and ofc additional legendary skins/skins in general.

I agree that shoes look terrible on characters. The game as a whole is very pretty, but most shoes are just blocks or lumps--ESPECIALLY on charr and norn.

Personally, I detest high heels on female video game characters--unless the game revolves around attending fancy parties. Games were characters fight and adventure in heels... ugh. I can understand making a character sexually appealing, but when the sex appeal is over-the-top, and practical dress/appearance for somebody fighting in wars is totally dismissed--that's barf worthy (IMO).

Buuuuut, with that rant out of the way, yes. I would happily accept more high heels in-game if that ALSO meant more nice-looking non-heeled footwear across all races and genders.

@Mystic Madison.7968 said:I am playing my Warrior to map complete and wanted to change the shoes, but they are all UGLY! sometimes a girl just wants to put on her stilettos and stomp a few monsters.

Please, noooo. No more high heels in this game. They look plain ridiculous on a fighting adventurer.

I second the request for decent footwear, though. There are indeed too many ugly designs.

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:Just because Bunnyslippers might be cute, doesn't make them practical to fight in.

(I think the actual reasons heels aren't in is because of the player model limitations? Not sure though)

Pretty sure a bunch of heels or equivalent are in place. If not armor pieces then on outfits.

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:I just want to a pair of sneakers to go with the t-shifts.

Try the Scout's Boots.

That's human cultural armor. I typically play female Norn characters.

Rascal's

img

Although that will limit your pant choices to around 4 or 5

Most of what the game offers are wrestling boots. The majority of footwear goes well above the ankle. I too would like things that go with a dress. So far, I've defaulted to Aurora shoes for light armor, assassin shoes for medium armor, and well good luck finding something similar for heavy armor.

The reason? If I chose noblilty as my backstory, I would like to rp that with more options in my wardrobe. Wrestling boots don't help. I would love shoes that you can take to a ball, dance, or some DR formal event. Build on the beautiful world and setting the game offers through wardrobe options.

The majority of wardrobe options available to RP Smackdown in Gw2 are endless. My in game wrestling buddy named John Cenaaaaaa is proof. He's a great replica AND he plays the trumpet in game with his theme song. Lol.

Queen Jennah too classy for wrestling boots. I'm not surprised she's barefoot or wearing the invisible slippers.