Celestial Challenge and Divine Lucky Envelope nerf

Musha.4025

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Nothing wrong with that (taking envelopes you would just get and makimg you work for them)

Uhh i cant tell if this is sarcastic but no, ppl dont take kindly to having to work for things they took for granded.

It just really shows how weak this festival is and pmuch how weak most festivals are when u take away from them the only thing they have which is rewards.

Really? Spending 1 Gold for a chance to...maybe...make some Gold is a reward most covet? So far, I've lost money on this 'removed' reward, and I always buy the discounted ones.

This is not the first time this year that I've heard this and it's a little concerning. I haven't opened any of mine yet but if the 'reward' for the festival has become a gold sink that would be disappointing :(

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:That wasn't the sink(s) I was referring to (Essence of Luck/Lunar food, etc.)

Maybe I misunderstood. When you said you lost money on the 'removed' reward were you referring to the envelopes? If so, I was saying that I have heard that from several ppl this year, and if it is true on average that would make the envelopes a gold sink, which would be disappointing . . .

@"Dante.1763" said:Man i love having stuff i previously had access to removed for no reason, and then being forced to "earn it" like its a new drop that just got added.

Sad! This complain should have been repeated daily on the forums from the moment they decided to butcher the dungeons with the declared (officially stated) indention to make them less attractive to the players. And after a cosmetic change the same ANet stated that the dungeons are now more profitable than in the past. Really? What happened with the initial statement? That you want the players to not be tempted to play dungeons? Nobody from the staff contradicted it.

This complain should have been repeated daily on the forums from the HoT start. When the guild halls we had were removed and replaced with other guild halls. The new ones being empty. So, we had to spend a lot of time/gold/effort to bring the new hall to the level we had before.

This complain should have been repeated daily on the forums when Anet took the MF advantage from the veterans (not acquired for free, but by a lot of play) and gave them nothing in exchange.

This complain should have been repeated daily on the forums when Anet replaced the build templates from a third party (agreed by Anet and considered legit) giving us in exchange the right to ... buy a less performant variant.

...... etc.

Unfortunately, it seems that the voice of the players applauding such ... "improvements" was (it is even today) very loud. So, taking something from the players is now the norm. It is sad, because doing this is almost as stating: We cannot create something new. But we can take something from you. And we can make difficult to have it back. This is our "new" content.

So, the daily envelope number is not a problem. It is something normal.

What else we should expect next?

@Gop.8713 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:That wasn't the sink(s) I was referring to (Essence of Luck/Lunar food, etc.)

Maybe I misunderstood. When you said you lost money on the 'removed' reward were you referring to the envelopes? If so, I was saying that I have heard that from several ppl this year, and if it is true on average that would make the envelopes a gold sink, which would be disappointing . . .

Based on what i have seen so far i suspect more and more that they stealthily removed magic find effect on envelopes (yes, they were originally affected by it). Which makes them a (slight) net loss now.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

Based on what i have seen so far i suspect more and more that they stealthily removed magic find effect on envelopes (yes, they were originally affected by it). Which makes them a (slight) net loss now.

Eh, I'd be surprised if that were true. I does still say they are affected by mf in the tooltip. There does seem to be a trend of reducing rewards, with the poor drop rates from grothmar and wintersday gift nerf as examples. So I wouldn't be surprised if this year's envelopes took a hit as well. I know they were nerfed after year one but year one's returns were just silly so I was okay with that. Maybe they nerfed a little too hard this time? I doubt anyone has enough data points to know. I'll try to remember to post results once I've accumulated a stack, but that's such an absurdly small number it won't even begin to approach anything that constitutes evidence . . .

@"Ylthan.1693" said:Well apparently making tons on money once a year with enveloppes was too much for anet and that 10 silvers "discount" is a joke.

I have over 205% magic find. Add personal gem store boosters, guild boosters, food/utility boosts (including fireworks), ascended infusion boosts, and the event passive boost, that discount helps a shit ton.

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

@"Dante.1763" said:Man i love having stuff i previously had access to removed for no reason, and then being forced to "earn it" like its a new drop that just got added.

Sad! This complain should have been repeated daily on the forums from the moment they decided to butcher the dungeons with the declared (officially stated) indention to make them less attractive to the players. And after a cosmetic change the same ANet stated that the dungeons are now more profitable than in the past. Really? What happened with the initial statement? That you want the players to not be tempted to play dungeons? Nobody from the staff contradicted it.

This complain should have been repeated daily on the forums from the HoT start. When the guild halls we had were removed and replaced with other guild halls. The new ones being empty. So, we had to spend a lot of time/gold/effort to bring the new hall to the level we had before.

This complain should have been repeated daily on the forums when Anet took the MF advantage from the veterans (not acquired for free, but by a lot of play) and gave them nothing in exchange.

This complain should have been repeated daily on the forums when Anet replaced the build templates from a third party (agreed by Anet and considered legit) giving us in exchange the right to ... buy a less performant variant.

...... etc.

Unfortunately, it seems that the voice of the players applauding such ... "improvements" was (it is even today) very loud. So, taking something from the players is now the norm. It is sad, because doing this is almost as stating:
We cannot create something new. But we can take something from you. And we can make difficult to have it back. This is our "new" content

So, the daily envelope number is not a problem. It is something normal.

What else we should expect next?

What the heck? Players begged for MF to be removed from stats. Players asked ArenaNet to create Build Templates, and the agreement with the third-party was always that they would not compete. (I realize it's not the Build Templates many were hoping for, but still...) No idea what 'Guild Halls' we supposedly had before Heart of Thorns, as that is when they were introduced. It's true that Fractals replaced Dungeons; I'm not sure what cosmetic change they all received. (I know Twilight Arbor got a new path.)

Would be nice to have a complementary list of improvements in the game, just to balance things out; say, like the Wardrobe, UI changes, Mounts, free Gem Store Dyes, free old Living World Episodes, free Expansion, Auto-loot, expansion of Material Storage, and a myriad of other improvements.

It's not just taking things away; I think players forget sometimes. /shrug

The drop rate is too low. I did 3 sessions after my daily and didn't get a single one. Also, the Divine lucky envelopes really don't give that much cash compared to the effort I could be putting into other things to make money. This holiday is very "meh" and only worth it for the AP, unfortunately.

Also the Celestial challenge matches take too long and take even longer if playing on off hours, they need to downscale it based on the number of players.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:What the heck? Players begged for MF to be removed from stats.

He's probably alluding not to that, but to the MF effect removal from unidentified gear. Which was a nerf, and a major one. There were also some other cases when Anet stealth-nerfed MF effect on drops by moving them inside containers. In fact, it's a process that started very soon after the MF system change, and continues to this day.

Players asked ArenaNet to create Build Templates, and the agreement with the third-party was always that they would not compete. (I realize it's not the Build Templates many were hoping for, but still...)Well, the assumption was that in exchange Anet will give to us a working, good template system designed for usability, not one designed for monetization at the cost of usability.

No idea what 'Guild Halls' we supposedly had before Heart of Thorns, as that is when they were introduced.

He's probably talking not about guild halls, but about the guild system. And he's right here - all the updates guilds worked on for the guild system were removed, and we had to work for them again (and pay through the nose for many). Some of the guild buffs we had originally were flat our removed (the curent guild buff system is vastly inferior to the previous one, where we could have several buffs running concurrently for the whole guild, with some buffs outperforming what we can have now, for example).

It's true that Fractals replaced Dungeons; I'm not sure what cosmetic change they all received. (I know Twilight Arbor got a new path.)He's probably talking about partial revert to the reward nerf that happened after the community got angry. Which theoretically makes current rewards comparable to the pre-nerf ones, but only if you happen to play in a very specific and efficient way (so, definitely not how most players ran the dungeons before).

Would be nice to have a complementary list of improvements in the game, just to balance things out; say, like the Wardrobe, UI changes, Mounts, free Gem Store Dyes, free old Living World Episodes, free Expansion, Auto-loot, expansion of Material Storage, and a myriad of other improvements.

It's not just taking things away; I think players forget sometimes. /shrugThat is true. Still, human mind working as it is, people do tend to remember far better when they are deprived of things they took for granted, than when they are offered something new. Removing stuff from players without an extremely valid and clearly communicated reason (and without offering something in exchange that is not clearly worth way, way less) usually doesn;t end well, and always creates a lot of bad feelings. And those do add up if you happen to do it too often.

@Zeivu.3615 said:

@"Ylthan.1693" said:Well apparently making tons on money once a year with enveloppes was too much for anet and that 10 silvers "discount" is a joke.

I have over 205% magic find. Add personal gem store boosters, guild boosters, food/utility boosts (including fireworks), ascended infusion boosts, and the event passive boost, that discount helps a kitten ton.

Ho they are worth with a good amount of mf no doubt about that but farming celestial challenge like a no-brain zombie to get what we did have the past years for "free" is a no-no to me.That's what i meant with "joke", the amount of effort for a 10s discount is absolutly not worth the trouble.

The rewards for this event are truly appalling. Best I can figure, is that it nets you about 1.5g/hour (assuming you get about 2.5 tokens/hour, and that a token is worth roughly 0.6g (envelopes sell for 1.5g). The ONLY reason to do this event is for dailies and for AP (2.5AP/hour), PERIOD. They could have given it a competitive hourly gold return rate, with some RND for gaming gamblers (DUH), and it could have also been a bit less mind-numbing... I still don't understand why you don't simply get a token EVERY FRIGGIN' RUN - I mean, come on - 60s for 10-15 minutes isn't some huge score (I know lots of places where you have interesting content and get 15-25g/hour, or mindless grinds that can top 30g/hour).

@AnonBackStabber.8536 said:The rewards for this event are truly appalling. Best I can figure, is that it nets you about 1.5g/hour (assuming you get about 2.5 tokens/hour, and that a token is worth roughly 0.6g (envelopes sell for 1.5g). The ONLY reason to do this event is for dailies and for AP (2.5AP/hour), PERIOD. They could have given it a competitive hourly gold return rate, with some RND for gaming gamblers (DUH), and it could have also been a bit less mind-numbing... I still don't understand why you don't simply get a token EVERY FRIGGIN' RUN - I mean, come on - 60s for 10-15 minutes isn't some huge score (I know lots of places where you have interesting content and get 15-25g/hour, or mindless grinds that can top 30g/hour).

Basically this. This is a pretty disappointing festival. It also feels terrible opening a batch of envelopes with stacked MF bonuses only to do a net loss. Has happened a few of times to me. I'm trying to decide if i want to grind the AP or not.