What would it take to remove DuoQ vs SoloQ from ranked?

Xentera.4560

Ranked is unenjoyable, and almost unplayable the way it is. Having 2 players with the same tag using VoiP gives an unfair advantage against any random PUG. Fixing it should not be that hard tbh.And yet it still happens way too frequently...My question: what needs to happen before this matter is given the priority it deserves?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"unfair advantage"?! You must be s****ing me. The fact that Teamque was removed from this teambased mode is an unfair advantage for the randoms and causals who enforced this nonsense on a team based environment and now you wanna even further increase your advantage by removing Duo-Q?I say it one more time "You are at an advantage ever since Team-Q was removed, so either you realize Coquest is purely team based mode or you should not PvP at all no matter how entitled you feel to twisting a purpose of a team-gamemode to your selfish solo ideals"

They should remove pugs from ranked and have it be team only.

Let pugs and 1-5 for unranked.

Forming or joining a team should be a requirement for ranked pvp.

Finding and needing a group is required throughout much of the game especially harder content.

The mistake with pvp was solo casual catering.

The same top dogs have been at the top throughout the ages, teams and duos are not holding you back.

Yep, in GW1 there was something called Team Arenas ( think preformed parties), and Random Arenas, pretty much what ranked is now except no DuoQs. I don't see why don't have something similar in GW2. Just don't pretend it is ok to DuoQ against a random PUG. Also don't pretend top dogs got to where they are with no DuoQ.

They could try to at least match 2 duos in each team (if available and possible without increasing the queue time too much). Other people mentioned it woult increase the queue time a lot for the people playing im teams if much less teams are available. (And imagine the bigger difference in skill ... 1 team much stronger than the other one will appear a lot more often then - unless you wand super huge queue time.)

Edit: I'd prefer the MMR to be invisible to the players. Also no badges/leageus and stuff. (Just your reward track and the chests with the pips are enough.)But that would drive away "competitive" players that care about increasing their ranks. Then again: It could remove certain negative side effects ... like medium skill level players whining because of losses (when they even with a few more wins would not get to the top). Also for the competitive players tournaments could be enough.

@Xentera.4560 said:If u don't see how a team with 2 friends on VoiP have an advantage over a random opposing team with no VoiP then there is no point in any further discussion with you.Yes TeamQ vs TeamQ is ok, TeamQ vs PUG is not.

Except TeamQ doesn't exist in PvP anymore, its PUG vs PUG with two PvPrs stucked in the middle with the pugs. As I said PvP is, was and will be a team-mode.You don't get the right to complain about having to face the remnants of what once-was-teams when you willingly que in to a teammode, you simply dont belong in Rank PvP if you have problem with teams or even finding one, finding and having a team should be a requirement, not everything in every MMO game should be accessible to everyone without any effort on their part just because they cry loud.You don't belong in competitive team environment if you're not a competitive teamplayer how can one defy that logic? You need to demand for introduction of Solo vs Solo que, not for removing Team/Duo from Team/Duo.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Xentera.4560 said:If u don't see how a team with 2 friends on VoiP have an advantage over a random opposing team with no VoiP then there is no point in any further discussion with you.Yes TeamQ vs TeamQ is ok, TeamQ vs PUG is not.

Except TeamQ doesn't exist in PvP anymore, its PUG vs PUG with two PvPrs stucked in the middle with the pugs. As I said PvP is, was and will be a team-mode.You don't get the right to complain about having to face the remnants of what once-was-teams when you willingly que in to a teammode, you simply dont belong in Rank PvP if you have problem with teams or even finding one, finding and having a team should be a requirement, not everything in every MMO game should be accessible to everyone without any effort on their part just because they cry loud.
You don't belong in competitive team environment if you're not a competitive teamplayer
how can one defy that logic? You need to demand for introduction of Solo vs Solo que, not for removing Team/Duo from Team/Duo.

I find it shocking that you still fail to see the issue. Having no official TeamQ does not make it ok to have a teamQ vs a PUG and call it fair.

What next? By the same logic are you going to say there is no official GvG in this game therefore it is ok to have a full team of guildies who practice together every day and are on discord vs a random PUG in ranked?....

In October 2016 Anet organized a vote to remove TeamQ and introduce only SoloQ. This was done because many many players complained on forums about the advantage of players who used teamwork to demolish them (using voice chat and real time coordination on map).

Anet accepted the overwhelming vote of playerbase for SoloQ, and over time tried to also push DuoQ as a compromise, in an attempt to keep this PvP in multiplayer status by promoting friendship. DuoQ was not really voted for, players voted for SoloQ, and no matter how much some players have great memories when playing in team (including me), TeamQ will never return, and should never return, to respect players vote.

For players suggesting that teams should fight only against teams, and SoloQ-groups against SoloQ-groups: there was such attempt from Anet before the vote, but it resulted in queues of even 40 minutes (I experienced this) and even win trading between teams at late hours (because they were the only teams playing).

To all SoloQ players complaining, unless you want to be demolished again by TeamQ, I suggest you to accept this DuoQ, because otherwise PvP might be completely removed as it could no longer be considered part of multiplayer gaming, which promotes friendship. The game is already toxic to sky, let's not engulf the galaxy with all this toxicity of playing alone in our little matches.

And this reminds me: I still need to do my daily PvP for that 2 gold.

@"Alin.2468" said:In October 2016 Anet organized a vote to remove TeamQ and introduce only SoloQ. This was done because many many players complained on forums about the advantage of players who used teamwork to demolish them (using voice chat and real time coordination on map).

Anet accepted the overwhelming vote of playerbase for SoloQ, and over time tried to also push DuoQ as a compromise, in an attempt to keep this PvP in multiplayer status by promoting friendship. DuoQ was not really voted for, players voted for SoloQ, and no matter how much some players have great memories when playing in team (including me), TeamQ will never return, and should never return, to respect players vote.

For players suggesting that teams should fight only against teams, and SoloQ-groups against SoloQ-groups: there was such attempt from Anet before the vote, but it resulted in queues of even 40 minutes (I experienced this) and even win trading between teams at late hours (because they were the only teams playing).

To all SoloQ players complaining, unless you want to be demolished again by TeamQ, I suggest you to accept this DuoQ, because otherwise PvP might be completely removed as it could no longer be considered part of multiplayer gaming, which promotes friendship. The game is already toxic to sky, let's not engulf the galaxy with all this toxicity of playing alone in our little matches.

It was a vote for a trial, with the promise of a post season vote on whether or not to keep it solo.

So, the vote is not complete nor valid because the clause was never met.

@Xentera.4560 said:Ranked is unenjoyable, and almost unplayable the way it is. Having 2 players with the same tag using VoiP gives an unfair advantage against any random PUG. Fixing it should not be that hard tbh.And yet it still happens way too frequently...My question: what needs to happen before this matter is given the priority it deserves?

Yes, a game system in a MMORPG that pushes people to socialize and play together to improve their chances of victory is bad for the game mode.

Wait.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@"Alin.2468" said:In
Anet organized a vote to remove TeamQ and introduce only SoloQ. This was done because
many
many
players complained on forums about the advantage of players who used teamwork to demolish them (using voice chat and real time coordination on map).

It was a vote for a trial, with the promise of a post season vote on whether or not to keep it solo.

So, the vote is not complete nor valid because the clause was never met.

Yes, and the trial was met. People were happy and were no longer complaining on forums. Even streamers were happy and were recommending to keep SoloQ for training the PvP players. Because of this positive feedback, it remained as SoloQ/DuoQ farming.

@Ysmir.4986 said:

@Xentera.4560 said:Ranked is unenjoyable, and almost unplayable the way it is. Having 2 players with the same tag using VoiP gives an unfair advantage against any random PUG. Fixing it should not be that hard tbh.And yet it still happens way too frequently...My question: what needs to happen before this matter is given the priority it deserves?

Yes, a game system in a MMORPG that pushes people to socialize and play together to improve their chances of victory is bad for the game mode.

Wait.

Oh yes, playing together only counts if you have an unfair advantage to win. God forbid if you play together against another party who are playing together as well.

@"Alatar.7364" said:"unfair advantage"?! You must be s****ing me. The fact that Teamque was removed from this teambased mode is an unfair advantage for the randoms and causals who enforced this nonsense on a team based environment and now you wanna even further increase your advantage by removing Duo-Q?I say it one more time "You are at an advantage ever since Team-Q was removed, so either you realize Coquest is purely team based mode or you should not PvP at all no matter how entitled you feel to twisting a purpose of a team-gamemode to your selfish solo ideals"

Objectively the truth though, it's unfair by design. But it's only a problem for those who still take the ladder seriously, with the illusion that those titles and bagdes still carry some prestige. Still it's funny how you're trying to "no u" the whole argument, too bad it doesn't work that way. Or maybe it does...

You are at an advantage ever since Team-Q was removedCould you elaborate on how this could possibly make sense? Make me see reason!

@Xentera.4560 said:

Wait.

Oh yes, playing together only counts if you have an unfair advantage to win. God forbid if you play together against another party who are playing together as well.

Both of these things are fine. I don't see your point besides:

• Team A has a DuoQ, not me,
  • Team A wins, hence because of DuoQ,
  • DuoQ is hence unfair to me.

Which is a line of reasoning problematic on multiple levels, especially considering the fact that everyone has the possibility of finding a buddy and playing with him. And it all sounds like entitled whining, if I'm being perfectly honest with you.

Imagine if you apply this stuff to PvE. A group of players going around, clearing content together, progressing quickly and having fun. And then you are there in a corner, having trouble clearing one veteran, shouting to the skies that the world is unfair. So you hop on the forums and start asking for an exp penalty for people grouped up in open world PvE. Because it's unfair.

And by the way, just for the record. I'm guessing DuoQ'ing posts are done here mostly by folk between s2 and g3. I can't imagine DuoQ'ing at this level would make any significant impact, because if I've learned anything watching National Geographic, it's that 2 headless chicks are hardly worth more than 1.