What is the best race for a guardian?

Drizzt.1796

I'd say human, since it's based on GW1's human monks and holy knights (for example the RL crusaders, or FF14/WoW-type Paladins).Since humans are the only ones that actually have a religion and both bases for the profession are of religious nature, humans are the best fit.

But you can always roleplay whatever you want, for examples:a Charr that uses Ascalonian Ghost Essence to wield light-blue magic,or a Charr that converted to Human Gods worship,or an Asura using some tech to extort and abuse Light magic.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:You wanna be big?Charr or Norn.

You wanna be small?Asura.

You wanna be stylish?Human or Sylvari.

@Antycypator.9874 said:Big white charr with that elegant nice face, because every single charr firebrand looks like that. Make sure to get radiant set and Ad Infinitum.Now to be serious: Human > Norn > Charr > Sylvari > Asura.

I meant only a few per suggestion. You both have great ideas, but I also meant what you most preferred.

@Drizzt.1796 said:

@Antycypator.9874 said:Big white charr with that elegant nice face, because every single charr firebrand looks like that. Make sure to get radiant set and Ad Infinitum.Now to be serious: Human > Norn > Charr > Sylvari > Asura.

I meant only a few per suggestion. You both have great ideas, but I also meant what you most preferred.

Serious answer:

Races in Gw2 mean very little.

There are racial skills but they are balanced to be weaker then your normal skills.

You choose a race for 3 things here:

Story: You get different dialog etc.

Fashion.

Size: In PvE it can be good to be small to see more.

AoE marker or in jumping puzzles.

In WvW/PvP both can be beneficial to you.

Many guardians choose to be big so the frail casters ,who often play small characters like asura , are harder to spot.

All in all, race doesnt matter much but there are some situation were it can make a small difference

@Drizzt.1796 said:

@"Antycypator.9874" said:Big white charr with that elegant nice face, because every single charr firebrand looks like that. Make sure to get radiant set and Ad Infinitum.Now to be serious: Human > Norn > Charr > Sylvari > Asura.

Well, my Norn is a guardian, because being a royal "knight" to defend others fits the Norn. I didn't want to create 3rd human character.