Are blood rubies and petrified wood supposed to take weeks?

Rickz.6230

@Cyninja.2954 said:If a player spreads out their commitment across all 6 maps (without home nodes). It's possible to acquire the entire set of materials and magic within 3-4 days when starting from 0 if gathering as far as the cap allows. This does not factor in for currency exchanges in later maps, which can potentially speed up this process even more.

Heh .. only 3-4 days for a full set. Back when rings were introduced it took 10 days for a single ring.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zok.4956 said:

@Zok.4956 said:So I think your statement "a full set of Ascended trinkets every 30 days" is an exaggeration.It's only an exaggeration in that it takes up to maximum 50 days for a full set of ascended trinkets

50 days is nearly the double time than 30 days.

And this does not include the back-item (which is not named as a trinket but it is also not a "normal" amor piece, so it is partly armor and partly trinket and it is in the GUI like a trinket) which can be bought with map-currencies like the (other) trinkets, so I would include it in the list.

True, and it's 1/4th of your hilarious 214 days estimate (without taking into account ANY currency conversion or map play at all). What you would include is up to you, but as far as trinkets, that's the 5 pieces without the backpiece currently.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:If a player spreads out their commitment across all 6 maps (without home nodes). It's possible to acquire the entire set of materials and magic within 3-4 days when starting from 0 if gathering as far as the cap allows. This does not factor in for currency exchanges in later maps, which can potentially speed up this process even more.

Heh .. only 3-4 days for a full set. Back when rings were introduced it took 10 days for a single ring.

Exactly, and it required one to play fractals. Guild Missions for accessory. It's amazing to me how the easier arenanet make the gear acquisition, the more players complain that it's to hard.

You should get access to all of the season and then farm them all at once to make the most out of your time. I wish I knew about this after I first finished HoT and saved myself. Its good to catch up on story so the individual time gates become less daunting.

Blood Rubies do take longer since the nodes are account wide daily and there are no hearts. However the bonus effect of stat swapping the backpiece, amulet and ring makes them easily the best. The time is worth it, even when the farm was so much worse before the drop chance increase.

@Zok.4956 said:

@Zok.4956 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:Just farm the gold and buy the nodes, its a hard investment but you'll get a full set of Ascended trinkets every 30 days once you have all the nodesSo I think your statement "a full set of Ascended trinkets every 30 days" is an exaggeration.It's only an exaggeration in that it takes up to maximum 50 days for a full set of ascended trinkets

50 days is nearly the double time than 30 days.

… and in fact it is 60 days, so even the 50 days were not really true.

If you have the 6 nodes from LS3 and start from scratch you need 60 days until you have enough map-currency from the nodes to buy all the 5 trinkets. At least you have than enough magic, that you do not need to convert unused currency to magic. And you would have enough orrian pearls you could buy a back-item with pearls and karma. And you would have some unused map-currency left.

Of Course, someone can speed up things a lot if you go to the maps and collect, do events etc.

But if someone wants to do this as fast as possible in a few days he/she did not really should buy the 6 home-nodes for in total 300 gold and 60000 magic for this. The home-nodes are more of a mid-term/long-term "investment" and especially useful if you have alt-accounts or guild-members/friends that will also use this nodes in your home instance.

@kratan.4619 said:

@Funky.4861 said:Buy the home-instance node for 3 rubies a day.

lol This is why EAnet made the grind as high inorder to sell them

I've never acquired any Home Instance Nodes with Gems. I mean, it's not that difficult to come up with 50 Gold.

Can you even buy the LS currency nodes for gems? I thought they were a vendor only item.

You can buy gold to buy a node. They are 50g each. Still need karma or magic, iirc.

Oh, that old trick of cutting your expenses by substituting actual gamepaly with grind and time-killers like this ;) And quite a lot of ppl still actively support it, because putting it behind some challenging PvE content as alternative is considered "way too hard pls nerf it pls!!1"

So why shouldn't Anet do this, again and again? ;) Definitely that's much easier for them than developing a decent, challenging content.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Exactly, and it required one to play fractals. Guild Missions for accessory. It's amazing to me how the easier arenanet make the gear acquisition, the more players complain that it's to hard.

This actually mirrors a lot of things in society and how human psychology works. The smaller a problem becomes, the louder and more emotional people get about it. A lot of modern social movements are rooted in this phenomenon.

There's a daily cap of around 30-40 or so, I haven't fully been able to count these but when I do reach it all other nearby bloodstone crystal nodes disappear. Make sure to reach this cap on multiple characters as doing it on one won't guarantee you'll get everything in one go. Map completion guarantees 5 rubies, so I recommend doing your daily gatherings on a different lvl 80 alt each time to get more rubies out of it. I've been able to get ascended backpacks in like a week doing this with my alts. To get your alts into the map without needing to go through the story I highly recommend buying the Season 3 portal scrolls you can get from the various vendors in the maps, really useful. (This would be the more open world approach if you don't wvw or pvp)

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Blood Rubies do take longer since the nodes are account wide daily and there are no hearts. However the bonus effect of stat swapping the backpiece, amulet and ring makes them easily the best. The time is worth it, even when the farm was so much worse before the drop chance increase.

AFAIK all nodes except winterberries are account wide. After acquiring multiple sets(at least 1 full set for each of my 12 characters) I feel like the stat swapping ability is a giant red herring. Yes it can be useful but whether or not it will be useful needs some consideration. That aside one of the faster maps is a much better option for the first set, especially for impatient people.

Get as much as possible (rings, accessories, the backpack and even aquabreathers) through Fresh Winterberries. They are far easier to acquire than any other currency. You'd much rather want to spend 400 Winterberries than 200 Bloodstones on your backpiece, trust me. Simply park a bunch of alts there to reek them in. An item per day (especially for rings) isn't too far fetched if you do it that way. Takes a while to set up some alts but it is certainly worth it.