[Suggestion] Show people that you have blocked in party different

YtseJam.9784

Not entirely related but a question related to blocking and parties in general (I'm sorry if that comes across as derailing): Why does one even end up with people they've blocked? It says that you should be able to block all forms of interaction with the blocked person. While that isn't the case in certain situations I didn't know that blocked people are even able to enter your party. You know, when you block someone you block them for a reason, right? For example I've blocked some very toxic people as a majority because I simply don't want to end up in a party with them again due to the behaviour they've shown previously towards me or other members in the group. Why is that even a thing then?A QoL update here would be more that these people are unable to enter your party instead of showing them different.

@Cynder.2509 said:Not entirely related but a question related to blocking and parties in general (I'm sorry if that comes across as derailing): Why does one even end up with people they've blocked? It says that you should be able to block all forms of interaction with the blocked person. While that isn't the case in certain situations I didn't know that blocked people are even able to enter your party. You know, when you block someone you block them for a reason, right? For example I've blocked some very toxic people as a majority because I simply don't want to end up in a party with them again due to the behaviour they've shown previously towards me or other members in the group. Why is that even a thing then?A QoL update here would be more that these people are unable to enter your party instead of showing them different.

That would create issues with ownership of parties which changed many moons ago because of abuses with that process.

Just because you are in a party, doesn’t mean you have either control over who comes in.

If you start the party, you do not own that party. The exception to that is a squad.

If you were just a random in a party or squad, that someone else has no idea of issues between you and the party you blocked, why should someone else not be able to invite them?

Ugh don't get me started on how flawed the block system in this game is. Well I'm going to start:

1. People you have block, can still follow you and see where you are, see when you get online and see your toon's name, etc. I've have complained about this to support, I had a stalker incident about a year and a half ago and they said their current system can't do anything about it. A lot of time has passed and nothing has changed in their system to prevent that. Guess privacy is not important to them.
  2. People you have blocked can send you party and squad invites or do /join on your party if not full.
  3. People you have blocked can still join parties or squads posted in LFG. The other day we had an incident in fractals where someone got kicked form the party for being a jerk, he kept joining our lfg post for the next 15 mins, preventing us from getting our 5th, so we had to 4-man it... 30 mins later (yes pathetic person) started sending us squad invites... guess angry kid in his mom's basement had nothing else to do...
  4. You end up in same instances with them frequently.
  5. They show in the Mail window's send to's autocomplete... WHY?

I did notice that if I have someone blocked, their posts in LFG won't show up for me, but they shouldn't show for them either so they can join.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Cynder.2509 said:Not entirely related but a question related to blocking and parties in general (I'm sorry if that comes across as derailing): Why does one even end up with people they've blocked? It says that you should be able to block all forms of interaction with the blocked person. While that isn't the case in certain situations I didn't know that blocked people are even able to enter your party. You know, when you block someone you block them for a reason, right? For example I've blocked some very toxic people as a majority because I simply don't want to end up in a party with them again due to the behaviour they've shown previously towards me or other members in the group. Why is that even a thing then?A QoL update here would be more that these people are unable to enter your party instead of showing them different.

That would create issues with ownership of parties which changed many moons ago because of abuses with that process.

Just because you are in a party, doesn’t mean you have either control over who comes in.

If you start the party, you do not own that party. The exception to that is a squad.

If you were just a random in a party or squad, that someone else has no idea of issues between you and the party you blocked, why should someone else not be able to invite them?

Ah, right. Thanks for the info again. Forgot it was changed. But it's strange that people who I have blocked can still send invites etc. while I'm not able to do that to people who blocked me. I tested this many times and everyone else is able to still contact invite me when blocked while I however can't. I hope there#s an explanation for that weird anomaly.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Where does it say, "you should be able to block all forms of interaction with the blocked person"?I'm just wondering, because it doesn't show anything like that in the Wiki. It just says, "...shows a list of friends and list of players one has blocked from communications."

I might have mistaken this with the block function message of a different game then, I think. (ESO if I recall correctly) However parties count as communication too for me as you interact in form of using the chat when in a party in order to successfully complete the content such as dungeons/fractals. Sure you can still complete it without saying anything but that is only provided if everyone in the party knows what they're doing and about the mechanics, skips etc. Most people I've come across don't have such experience (dungeons especially) and therefore need everything explained first. But this shouldn't be the focus right now: what I'm saying is that the interaction within a party still counts as sort of communication.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Where does it say, "you should be able to block all forms of interaction with the blocked person"?I'm just wondering, because it doesn't show anything like that in the Wiki. It just says, "...shows a list of friends and list of players one has blocked from communications."

Common sense? You can block them from reading their messages, but they can still stalk you and annoy the F out of you by spamming party and squad invites, this shouldn't be allowed if you have a person blocked.