Alliance vs New World

pukish.5784

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:So what we see in the video - dodge then instakill.

Sounds like WvWers might love it, no one ever complains about instakills.

(and yes that kind of damage actually matches whats seen in earlier video, if you thought rapid fire was bad in NW clips a bow autoattack seemed to take 50%+ hp).

Edit: oh and if they now got opt in open world... lol.

Bruh. Run toughness. There's dmg reduction food. Stop running 0 toughness builds and complain about other people's dmg....

Glass cannons blowing up other glass cannons who are trying to blow up other players but it's not fair somehow rofl ;-)

But players facetanking eachother... much big skillz.

Because having 3k+ armor is glass, while still taking 10k dmg by an aoe skill. Yep, sure is a fun experience. And also very, very skillful to kill someone in a 50 man zerg, randomly, because he was unlucky enough to get hit by 2 10k dmg skills in 1 sec.

Reeeee my amazing 3k armor build takes damage from a damage dealer reeeee. All I should have to do is stack toughness and nobody hurts me anymore!

Did aegis, protection, barrier, -10% damage food and corrupting might to weakness suddenly fall out of usage? You're the zerg master so you will have to tell me.

Balanced StanceDefy PainLast Stand

All big damage reduction too

Ugh, i guess no real point in arguing with you.

First you say, "oh so weird to take dmg when 2 glasscannons hit each other"Which would be understandable and right.But now you are saying its ok for glasscannons to nuke the living kitten out of tanks. Wow.

I might be a warrior main, but im speaking for all classes that its not okey to eat 10k and more in a single hit when running 3k+ armor.

You might be a roamer, and dont want to have anything to do with zergs, but do you not understand how "fun" it is to run amidst 50 ppl against other 50 and just randomly die in a mere second because you were unlucky? It has nothing to do with skill or boons etc, if 2 or 3 skills hits you for 10k each you are dead meat.

They need to seriously reduce the dmg, the healing, the corrupts and the boon application in the game. Might even help the servers to run more stable, with less lag.

And i hate to break it to you, the gamemode was made for big scaled fights and should be balanced around those, not 1v1s.

Okay,well let me know when they chop down on the facetanking because if damage nerfs comes first this game is going to get super boring really fast.

and btw,its ok for a player to just slap on some toughness stat gear and become tanky but if I slap on full 3 stat power gear, runes, sigils, trait lines and build up might I should do mediocre damage? Toughness should never reduce damage by more than like 25%.

I just tested out a buld were im seriously running 3.2k armor and 36k hp, i was at 50% health which still is 18000hp!! I was hit by 2 phase smashes, one hit for 8k+ and one hit for 10k+ and i went down. In under 1 second.

Now most ppl dont run that much hp at all, most build across the board have like 20k hp max. And most builds will never realisticly reach 36k.Now tell me what those ppl are supposed to do...

Like i said, not just dmg has to be toned down, but everything else too.Now if they tone down dmg first, and then later on healing, im totaly fine with having some time inbetween wete nothing rly dies... Because they are still on the right path. Better fixing stuff slowly, than not fixing it at all

barrier, damage reduction, might corruption, dodge, push, move.

Because you can keep those reliably up... , in a 50 vs 50.Nope, its more like a gamble. Gambling was never something i enjoyed much.You like 2shots, i dont, ima head out.Well, yes. Those things and much, much more can be reliably kept up in a 50v50.

Well except the dodge, push and move part. You have to do
something
for yourself.

The amount of boonrip and reapplication is way out of controll.Boons like protection are not reliable, because just like the dmg ive talked about before you can just get unlucky and get everything ripped constantly, while the guy next to you isnt getting any.

Sure 10% food etc are always on you, but even with that you eat 10k+ dmg.

Im not even sure why im arguing with you guys, for my taste getting downed by skills that deal 10k+ dmg, while having 20-30k hp is just not fun in my book. And im using all that stuff you were talking about, im not even saying that im dying alot, but when i die, its rarely because im bad positioned, its just bad luck, and thats kitten.

And yes, even with all those cute boons and buffs etc, you still can get hit by 10k hits.
And the "turn might to weakness" argument justine brought up is soo bad. I wonder how the heck you corrupt someone who can cast those devestating skills from a 1200 range lol.

You argue with yourself saying protection boon not reliable because corrupts but then turn around and also say corrupting might isn't realistic.There is a reason berserker scourges can and do exist despite your bogeyman hammer rev.

??? Because as a melee you have to run through everything and get it corrupted, while the ranged dps classes can stay away and bomb you down, whats not to understand about that. Sounds like you have never played in a big zerg, honestly.

So its not hammer rev does too much damage, its scourge drops too much corruption. Yeah, been saying that since forever.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RedShark.9548 said:

(and yes that kind of damage actually matches whats seen in earlier video, if you thought rapid fire was bad in NW clips a bow autoattack seemed to take 50%+ hp).

Bruh. Run toughness. There's dmg reduction food. Stop running 0 toughness builds and complain about other people's dmg....

Glass cannons blowing up other glass cannons who are trying to blow up other players but it's not fair somehow rofl ;-)

Because having 3k+ armor is glass, while still taking 10k dmg by an aoe skill. Yep, sure is a fun experience. And also very, very skillful to kill someone in a 50 man zerg, randomly, because he was unlucky enough to get hit by 2 10k dmg skills in 1 sec.

Reeeee my amazing 3k armor build takes damage from a damage dealer reeeee. All I should have to do is stack toughness and nobody hurts me anymore!

Did aegis, protection, barrier, -10% damage food and corrupting might to weakness suddenly fall out of usage? You're the zerg master so you will have to tell me.

First you say, "oh so weird to take dmg when 2 glasscannons hit each other"Which would be understandable and right.But now you are saying its ok for glasscannons to nuke the living kitten out of tanks. Wow.

I might be a warrior main, but im speaking for all classes that its not okey to eat 10k and more in a single hit when running 3k+ armor.

You might be a roamer, and dont want to have anything to do with zergs, but do you not understand how "fun" it is to run amidst 50 ppl against other 50 and just randomly die in a mere second because you were unlucky? It has nothing to do with skill or boons etc, if 2 or 3 skills hits you for 10k each you are dead meat.

They need to seriously reduce the dmg, the healing, the corrupts and the boon application in the game. Might even help the servers to run more stable, with less lag.

And i hate to break it to you, the gamemode was made for big scaled fights and should be balanced around those, not 1v1s.

Okay,well let me know when they chop down on the facetanking because if damage nerfs comes first this game is going to get super boring really fast.

and btw,its ok for a player to just slap on some toughness stat gear and become tanky but if I slap on full 3 stat power gear, runes, sigils, trait lines and build up might I should do mediocre damage? Toughness should never reduce damage by more than like 25%.

I just tested out a buld were im seriously running 3.2k armor and 36k hp, i was at 50% health which still is 18000hp!! I was hit by 2 phase smashes, one hit for 8k+ and one hit for 10k+ and i went down. In under 1 second.

Now most ppl dont run that much hp at all, most build across the board have like 20k hp max. And most builds will never realisticly reach 36k.Now tell me what those ppl are supposed to do...

Like i said, not just dmg has to be toned down, but everything else too.Now if they tone down dmg first, and then later on healing, im totaly fine with having some time inbetween wete nothing rly dies... Because they are still on the right path. Better fixing stuff slowly, than not fixing it at all

Because you can keep those reliably up... , in a 50 vs 50.Nope, its more like a gamble. Gambling was never something i enjoyed much.You like 2shots, i dont, ima head out.Well, yes. Those things and much, much more can be reliably kept up in a 50v50.

something
for yourself.

The amount of boonrip and reapplication is way out of controll.Boons like protection are not reliable, because just like the dmg ive talked about before you can just get unlucky and get everything ripped constantly, while the guy next to you isnt getting any.

Im not even sure why im arguing with you guys, for my taste getting downed by skills that deal 10k+ dmg, while having 20-30k hp is just not fun in my book. And im using all that stuff you were talking about, im not even saying that im dying alot, but when i die, its rarely because im bad positioned, its just bad luck, and thats kitten.

And yes, even with all those cute boons and buffs etc, you still can get hit by 10k hits.
And the "turn might to weakness" argument justine brought up is soo bad. I wonder how the heck you corrupt someone who can cast those devestating skills from a 1200 range lol.

You argue with yourself saying protection boon not reliable because corrupts but then turn around and also say corrupting might isn't realistic.There is a reason berserker scourges can and do exist despite your bogeyman hammer rev.

??? Because as a melee you have to run through everything and get it corrupted, while the ranged dps classes can stay away and bomb you down, whats not to understand about that. Sounds like you have never played in a big zerg, honestly.

It's called teamwork.The very definition of playing in a big squad.Regardless of that, I don't like the power creep of the game since HoT and PoF either.

@TwoGhosts.6790 said:

something
for yourself.

It's called teamwork.The very definition of playing in a big squad.Regardless of that, I don't like the power creep of the game since HoT and PoF either.

You missed the point. He/she was questioning on why i say that protection is being stript alot, while i also say that might is not corrupted reliably/rarely.

Because the ppl that actually do the dmg are out of range of the corrupts. While the ones who need the protection are of course in range of all that...

Now that would be an interesting trait. One that corrupts might on ppl who attack me from 600+ or 900+ range

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"XenesisII.1540" said:

Companies will declare War on territories they wish to take over, draft a roster of 50 combatants, and agree on timing for the battle. The War will take place on a protected battlefield, keeping anyone who isn’t confirmed to participate, out.

Excuse me good sir! (or madam)

I hereby declare that I desire to conquer and colonize your lands. I am led to understand that you oppose this action.

Please do me the honor of meeting on the field of battle Tuesday afternoon at 4pm server time so that we might resolve this conflict.

Cordially,No one.

You mock, but that is an anti-offline-raiding/anti-nightcapping mechanic. And it isn't even the part that people interested in NW are complaining about because it's a good mechanic. How many complaints about nightcapping have there been in this game for years now?Has this type of mechanic
ever
worked in a western MMO? No really, I'm wondering. Because I find it horrible and something that only caters to elitist guilds that has the massive manpower to back it up. Thats how Archeage worked in its endgame "WvW zone" and it was a kitten mechanic.

Well I never played ArcheAge so I couldn't tell you, but it worked perfectly fine in the alpha. Everyone knew the time to gather and could prepare ahead of time for it, not like here where you can spend 30m hunting for another group to fight. The fights were epic. I'm also not understanding what the mechanic has to do with elitist guilds. Each side can have up to 50 players only and it doesn't sound like it means they all have to be from your guild so you can't snowball fights with numbers (which is a change from the alpha). FYI the most successful guilds were those that were highly organized, not necessarily the most skilled at PvP.You literally state how it caters to elitist guilds.

What I like by far the most with WvW is that I can just log on, join a border and play.

What this system describes is basicly dueling for guilds, not a war. Some people like that, for sure. Even in GW2 people like GvG. I also sometimes watch guilds fight it out without interfering. But I am 100% certain that if GW2 only had GvG with an entrance cap of 50v50 and sPvP, it would have failed long ago and none of us would be here to discuss this.

You literally don't explain what you mean by elitist guilds. It's now elitist to be organized and a team player? What?! I thought elitism was not making rank on the dps meter in a PvE raid. And who are you to define what War is in a different game? NW was never an RvR game and isn't supposed to be one. Don't you get that? You can't simply log in to get carried by your realm. But you'll be happy to know that you can avoid all PvP in NW now.Putting a cap on guild fights by definition leads to elitism. Why? Because you have to throw those that dont cut it out. Imagine if you had a 500 man GW2 guild. Great, you got a good sized guild. And now you're joining a 50vs50 instance. Well, not you. Sorry, but you're just not good enough. We need the 50 best in the guild. Not you. All spots taken. You failed on the dps meter the last time. You could join another guild of course, that casual pleb guild that never wins any battleground maybe.

That's basicly what this kind of system leads to and you kitten well know it. That's how all restricted arena games caters to elitist guilds. Or hell, elitists players period. We're even seeing it in GW2, with commanders yelling at roamers to get the kitten out off the border so that they can get more minstrel guards in, because if they cant beat the enemy with 80 people on tag maybe they can with 83 (yet
"we only hure fur teh balanced non blub figights!"
).

Will New World be good or bad? I havent a clue. I want to see it to believe it. Maybe it will be good. They'll have to prove themselves. Maybe I'll even play it.

I never
defined
what war is in a different game - I said that this
system
does not
describe
a war. It really doesnt any more than a 1v1 duel can be described as a "campaign". It described a limited and announced beforehand 50vs50 invite only instance. It's a battlefield at best. Whether you want to say its a war anyway is up to you.

^ right. Pretty much all of this.

I get that it creates fairer fights. It's great for a GvG system but IMO there needs to be something for 'causual' pick up players to do to contribute or just play.

That's not even getting into the organizational challenge of getting 100 players to be available online at the same time. People have jobs, families, pets, etc. Stuff comes up. I like that I don't have to block off X hours of my week at a specific time for WvW.

IMO PvP is best when it is spontaneous and happens naturally. Eg. Fights over camps & keeps in GW2, fights over open-world resources in other MMOs. Sometimes unfairness actually makes it better. Nothing is more satisfying than turning the tables on a 2v1 gank attempt and coming out on top. It can be fun to hold out defending an objective with 5 vs 10.

.. but I guess we don't know that much about it yet, so it's far too early to judge.

@coro.3176 said:

@"XenesisII.1540" said:

Companies will declare War on territories they wish to take over, draft a roster of 50 combatants, and agree on timing for the battle. The War will take place on a protected battlefield, keeping anyone who isn’t confirmed to participate, out.

Excuse me good sir! (or madam)

I hereby declare that I desire to conquer and colonize your lands. I am led to understand that you oppose this action.

Please do me the honor of meeting on the field of battle Tuesday afternoon at 4pm server time so that we might resolve this conflict.

Cordially,No one.

You mock, but that is an anti-offline-raiding/anti-nightcapping mechanic. And it isn't even the part that people interested in NW are complaining about because it's a good mechanic. How many complaints about nightcapping have there been in this game for years now?Has this type of mechanic
ever
worked in a western MMO? No really, I'm wondering. Because I find it horrible and something that only caters to elitist guilds that has the massive manpower to back it up. Thats how Archeage worked in its endgame "WvW zone" and it was a kitten mechanic.

Well I never played ArcheAge so I couldn't tell you, but it worked perfectly fine in the alpha. Everyone knew the time to gather and could prepare ahead of time for it, not like here where you can spend 30m hunting for another group to fight. The fights were epic. I'm also not understanding what the mechanic has to do with elitist guilds. Each side can have up to 50 players only and it doesn't sound like it means they all have to be from your guild so you can't snowball fights with numbers (which is a change from the alpha). FYI the most successful guilds were those that were highly organized, not necessarily the most skilled at PvP.You literally state how it caters to elitist guilds.

What I like by far the most with WvW is that I can just log on, join a border and play.

What this system describes is basicly dueling for guilds, not a war. Some people like that, for sure. Even in GW2 people like GvG. I also sometimes watch guilds fight it out without interfering. But I am 100% certain that if GW2 only had GvG with an entrance cap of 50v50 and sPvP, it would have failed long ago and none of us would be here to discuss this.

You literally don't explain what you mean by elitist guilds. It's now elitist to be organized and a team player? What?! I thought elitism was not making rank on the dps meter in a PvE raid. And who are you to define what War is in a different game? NW was never an RvR game and isn't supposed to be one. Don't you get that? You can't simply log in to get carried by your realm. But you'll be happy to know that you can avoid all PvP in NW now.Putting a cap on guild fights by definition leads to elitism. Why? Because you have to throw those that dont cut it out. Imagine if you had a 500 man GW2 guild. Great, you got a good sized guild. And now you're joining a 50vs50 instance. Well, not you. Sorry, but you're just not good enough. We need the 50 best in the guild. Not you. All spots taken. You failed on the dps meter the last time. You could join another guild of course, that casual pleb guild that never wins any battleground maybe.

That's basicly what this kind of system leads to and you kitten well know it. That's how all restricted arena games caters to elitist guilds. Or hell, elitists players period. We're even seeing it in GW2, with commanders yelling at roamers to get the kitten out off the border so that they can get more minstrel guards in, because if they cant beat the enemy with 80 people on tag maybe they can with 83 (yet
"we only hure fur teh balanced non blub figights!"
).

Will New World be good or bad? I havent a clue. I want to see it to believe it. Maybe it will be good. They'll have to prove themselves. Maybe I'll even play it.

I never
defined
what war is in a different game - I said that this
system
does not
describe
a war. It really doesnt any more than a 1v1 duel can be described as a "campaign". It described a limited and announced beforehand 50vs50 invite only instance. It's a battlefield at best. Whether you want to say its a war anyway is up to you.

^ right. Pretty much all of this.

I get that it creates fairer fights. It's great for a GvG system but IMO there needs to be something for 'causual' pick up players to do to contribute or just play.

That's not even getting into the organizational challenge of getting 100 players to be available online at the same time. People have jobs, families, pets, etc. Stuff comes up. I like that I don't have to block off X hours of my week at a specific time for WvW.

IMO PvP is best when it is spontaneous and happens naturally. Eg. Fights over camps & keeps in GW2, fights over open-world resources in other MMOs. Sometimes unfairness actually makes it better. Nothing is more satisfying than turning the tables on a 2v1 gank attempt and coming out on top. It can be fun to hold out defending an objective with 5 vs 10.

.. but I guess we don't know that much about it yet, so it's far too early to judge.

The scheduled sieges worked far better in the alpha than you are merely guessing at and it is exactly because people have jobs, families, pets, etc. Players could plan ahead of time who was going to be available and who wasn't. There was a lot of planning and preparation involved in terms of people, politics, and resources (gearing) for the war which is why I said the most organized guilds were the most successful.

As for the style of spontaneous PvP with skirmishes over resources, well that whole "spine" was removed with the addition of the opt-in toggle (and removal of the criminal system) so don't you worry, New World is no longer a game for you. The PvErs who just wanted to farm resources in peace "won". You can see how many have down-voted the video vs. upvoted because of that change. Another game developer even posted on Twitter a picture of their opt-in toggle - a respawn button. LOL.

@Justine.6351 said:

@"Dawdler.8521" said:So what we see in the video - dodge then instakill.

Barrier needs to be scourge only >_>

When theybstart to give everything to everyone thats were balance goes nutzzz

Nice to know some studios are at least trying. Anet was bought and sold.. most devs left.. WvW shelved...

Did a 1-60 run on a free Everquest server now that's PvE if you want PvE. Not he button mashing, solo on every class, have all skills for all classes theme park.

WvW was a feat of combat roleplaying even if you didn't consider yourself an "RP'er".

@Aeolus.3615 said:

That's why you are now seeing blobs where the top 5 dps are scrappers. NA hasn't picked up on that yet, but the EU videos are fun to watch.

@Ubi.4136 said:

That's why you are now seeing blobs where the top 5 dps are scrappers. NA hasn't picked up on that yet, but the EU videos are fun to watch.

NA also stacks scrappers due damage and sturdiness I’ve seen groups of 3 holos with 3-5 scrappers sometimes they have scourges mixtured.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

NA also stacks scrappers due damage and sturdiness I’ve seen groups of 3 holos with 3-5 scrappers sometimes they have scourges mixtured.

Nah guys, it's hammer Rev all the way, need more nerfy. And more Chrono Nerfs too for good measure.

@Ubi.4136 said:

Havent seen a scrapper getting even close to weaver damage in a full on zerg fight. Maybe in a gvg with 15v15 or 20v20

@Justine.6351 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

Nah guys, it's hammer Rev all the way, need more nerfy. And more Chrono Nerfs too for good measure.

On nsp we lack revs actually... it’s rangers that we have more but pve rangers mostly.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

On nsp we lack revs actually... it’s rangers that we have more but pve rangers mostly.

Ya don't say... Rofl

• 5 months later...

@"pukish.5784" said:Who'll win?

Hate to say it, but I'm actually looking forward to the game now after following their development diary, the game evolved so much and it's not even released yet, their "war" mode where you siege a territory took many good elements from GW1 Alliance battles as well as the competitive siege modes in GW1 Factions :) The good old days of trinity..

Finally took the plunge to move on after experiencing and seeing scenarios like below, it was a good run while it lasted I guesshttps://www.twitch.tv/chromodynamix/clip/SparklyColorfulEelImGlitch?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=timehttps://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx/clip/EndearingEasyOxEleGigglehttps://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx/clip/ShakingIcyKittenOSslothhttps://www.twitch.tv/zietlogik/clip/CredulousToughLatteFrankerZhttps://www.twitch.tv/shortsxx/clip/PricklyTransparentMeerkatPastaThathttps://www.twitch.tv/shortsxx/clip/IronicNeighborlyCheddarPJSalt

Meh ... tired of false advertising, Day 1 patches breaking game mechanic balances etc. Not gonna make any prejudice, cannot answer that question until I will be able to thoroughly test most of the game mechanics. Atm I can only say it looks promising.

@"hobotnicax.7918" said:New World was again delayed, this time til' spring 2021 xD

It's TRUE but atleast it seems (<keyword here) to be for good reason.

From their website;

"With our August 25th launch approaching, we have been scrutinizing our feature list, taking input from our Alpha audience, and listening to what they enjoyed (or didn’t!) about the current game. We're incredibly grateful for all of the support and suggestions from our Alpha players, ranging from the folks who spent thousands of hours in New World to those who just sampled -- it's all valuable.

I’m proud of the hard work the team has done, making the game ready for launch with the features we intended for release. We also have a list of features that we planned to start working on once we were in live development, as that is part of operating an MMO. When we examined the feedback we received over the last several months from our Alpha audience, we saw that players like the game, and they would like to see even more of it. In particular, we want to ensure that the most dedicated players have plenty of middle and endgame experiences as they venture through Aeternum. We want our players to feel completely immersed in the game, and know that our studio stands for quality and lasting gameplay you can trust — and that means added time to get things where we want them before we fully release.

As a result, we will be changing our launch date - and correspondingly, our final beta test - to spring 2021. We don't make the decision lightly, and we have urgency about getting the game to you as quickly as possible at the best quality -- with some additions that will make the experience even better.

We’re passionate about the game we’ve been making and want to add more features and content before we share it with a wider audience. As a thank you to our community, we will be providing a special opportunity for our Beta sign-up and pre-order customers (plus our Alpha testers, thank you!) to play the full game of New World - in its current state, for a limited period of time starting on August 25th. We will send an email directly to those customers detailing the process to participate. We’re confident that you’ll feel that the game has as much promise as we do, and will understand why we want to take the extra time to make this experience the best it can be at release."

• Rich Lawrence, Studio Director

Personally I think it's a good thing. I'm tired of playing rushed trash that gets AAA slapped on it. Take time if needed but not so much time that you become alliances meme 2.0

I mean, 3 weeks ago they were all "We can't wait til you play this game"... "Day one is when it really begins for us, we will grow..." video ends with a hard launch date of 25.8. 2020.Now suddenly, just like the first time around when they used c-rona for an excuse, the game isn't ready...

Sure, I'm all for polish and more content, but come on... how can one take them seriously anymore?This is like Anet adding necro buffs to wvw only to 180 on them 2 days later...

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:Its amazons first game. Lets see first if they screw up or not.No its not.

They shipped Crucible a while ago, but it was apparently so kitten its probably the only game in history that been officially released only to go back to being closed beta.

Breakaway canceled, Crucible back to the drawing board and New World delayed right before release for a second time. That doesn't really inspire confidence.