Revert chrono rework

Flandre.2870Flandre.2870 Member ✭✭✭
edited September 26, 2019 in Mesmer

Let's see how people feel about the new chrono
Personally, I hate that monstrosity

Revert chrono rework 128 votes

yes
81%
TheSlothArmada.6709Kryil.6045Hevoskuuri.3891Roy G Biv.1625Kravey.4563Alek Seven.2374Levetty.1279Me Games Ma.8426Gryxis.6950phokus.8934Kylden Ar.3724Xstein.2187Daishi.6027DarkwindStrike.7930Donn.9024Anna.7845Menaka.5092Nighthelm.6427Cyninja.2954Sindariel.2354 104 votes
no
18%
derd.6413HyperLooser.2698Durzlla.6295PurebladeProductions.4875Zaraki.5784flog.3485BadMed.3846InsaneQR.7412mrauls.6519Curennos.9307Daniel Handler.4816Oshi.9324Lincolnbeard.1735Yannir.4132viquing.8254Aetatis.5418Trianox.3486aceofbass.2163necromaniac.7629lare.5129 24 votes

Comments

• Was hoping that we’d get to provide some feedback about some of the changes like they tried to with WvW, especially considering the state that chrono is in, but that seems like a big nope now.

pChrono (main), cWeaver and pReaper. An asura who likes snowflakes.

• starlinvf.1358starlinvf.1358 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:
    Was hoping that we’d get to provide some feedback about some of the changes like they tried to with WvW, especially considering the state that chrono is in, but that seems like a big nope now.

To be fair, they're still going ahead with the hot button scrapper changes- so its not like there was much hope to begin with

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 26, 2019
    yes

Tbh, I'd be fine with some QoL rework. The entire no shatter without clones change makes the class clunky, especially when still available with other mesmer builds.

In an ideal world, they'd rework clones again to either work with no shatters without clones on all builds, or all builds work with some baseline shatter.

I can live with the F4 change. The loss of distortion from F4 hurts but can be managed. To be honest, they could remove distortion entirely for chrono from F4, it's just clunky with CS mixed in.

As far as WvW, there is issues which remain and have been the main problems for mesmer in WvW since the beginning of the game:

• clone survival in large fights is non existent
    • the ramp up for shatter skill uses with clones is to long/not possible with current clone design. The payoff is not big enough for the time and effort investment
    • most mesmer unique utility skills were gutted beyond belief over time leaving the class in a worse spot and undesirable for WvW (except for the 1 portal chrono in squad)
  • no

Spend the time restoring illusionary persona to Chrono. Everything else can wait.

• yes

@Flandre.2870 said:

revert the game ez

• BadMed.3846BadMed.3846 Member ✭✭✭✭
    no

Chrono is perfectly fine now. Get mirage fixed the same way too please.

• viquing.8254viquing.8254 Member ✭✭✭✭
    no

I'm not for a chrono rework revert as it was as a super-core spec.
    But ofc, chrono isn't fine now.
    Should they change wells or increase illusions vitality on chrono (like we had with old signet of illusions.).
    No IP and a counterpart to CS by sacrifing distorsion is interersting in the sense that we can end up with a different gameplay from core. Now they have to continue their rework to make it viable, because we all agree (apart no-chrono players) that's is unviable and clunky actually.

• It completely blows, yes. But not for the reasons you might think. The irony is that now we're back to phantasm sustain, which is what they wanted to get away from in the first place. That's how it goes when you nerf the hell out of what you did to fix it to begin with.

• praqtos.9035praqtos.9035 Member ✭✭✭✭

@azzardome.9184 said:

@Flandre.2870 said:

revert the game ez

where is that option

• YtseJam.9784YtseJam.9784 Member ✭✭✭
    yes

Like stated above and I've stated in many other threads, the 1 clone shatter restriction makes the class unusable and affects its playability in multiple ways. Clones die too quick, or die when A target dies (while you have still many other mods attacking you) and you miss your split second opportunity to shatter. You lost so much by adding this requirement, you lost your ability to remove condis, to gain stability, to distort, to gain boons, to stun, and many other things by just this 1 little change. It is a way too big trade-off. I would be happy if they remove this restrictions, since the rest of the changes you can adapt to except this.

• yes

I love how "no" replies are basically memes about "delete mesmer entirely" and jokes. Kinda shows that in sooth nobody really likes those changes. Even the guy who said No said that IP is awful.

Let's just hope anyone from upstairs actually reads any of this.

• Flandre.2870Flandre.2870 Member ✭✭✭
    yes

revert this joke

• Odik.4587Odik.4587 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Flandre.2870 said:
    revert pof

fixed

• Zhaid Zhem.6508Zhaid Zhem.6508 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 24, 2019
    yes

Please at least remove the requisite clone for shatter skills. It's so dead in pvp/wvw because of this restriction (there are many others causes, but this one is so obvious)
    "Lost Time" new trait is just a joke, why not a trait on wells, like Scourge : 10 allies/foes, + a bonus of concentration or else, or a trait that recharge CD of allies when you inflict slow, shatter a clone etc.

• LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

Sandsavant no longer raises target cap to 10

• Terrorhuz.4695Terrorhuz.4695 Member ✭✭
    edited December 26, 2019
    yes

As far as I am concerned, I registered to this forum SPECIFICALLY to complain after they butchered chrono. Don't care of deadeyes oneshotting you from perma stealth -which in WvW it gotta be pretty nasty-, never cared of holosmiths being able to get back from 2% to 80% in one second, didn't feel the need to complain because warriors are indestructible damage sponges, I endured hunters doing nothing but waiting for their goat to slam that 10k charge and weavers being able to dance out of everything... I mean, whatever, there are some specializations which are tough to deal with and it's fine to me, but the game is FULL of power creeps and stupid kitten builds, they never cared one bit and the one time they do is to butcher a specialization which was already very niche -because it had nothing besides that one-shot meme; no sustain, no mobility, no defence. kitten guys, was placing the one-clone requirement on CS only so much difficult?

• yes

Well, more people voted for the rework %wise than the Tory party.
    Now sit back and watch the Tories be in power and nothing change [email protected] democracy 😂

• Kryil.6045Kryil.6045 Member ✭✭
    yes

I am an insanely casual player. So much that I only log into GW2 when a story releases and maybe once a month for a WvW evening. After a longer break this time I decided to play some support chrono and boy: this is insanely bad. I know I'm not used to it, but there's no point in getting used to this level of clunkiness. Chrono got nerfed again and again (and often justified), but this level of playstyle destroying changes is not acceptable.
    Also: 0-clone shatters with Restorative Illusions and Bountiful Disillusionment was your bread and butter for survival, and it's gone without any replacement. But I could somehow get around that with some adapting. But it still plays like garbage.
    A rework should not turn a fun class into a clunk-machine :/

@Kryil.6045 said:
    I am an insanely casual player. So much that I only log into GW2 when a story releases and maybe once a month for a WvW evening. After a longer break this time I decided to play some support chrono and boy: this is insanely bad. I know I'm not used to it, but there's no point in getting used to this level of clunkiness. Chrono got nerfed again and again (and often justified), but this level of playstyle destroying changes is not acceptable.
    Also: 0-clone shatters with Restorative Illusions and Bountiful Disillusionment was your bread and butter for survival, and it's gone without any replacement. But I could somehow get around that with some adapting. But it still plays like garbage.
    A rework should not turn a fun class into a clunk-machine :/

If you struggle in pve, imagine now PvP and WvW :)

• yes

the chrono is not the only thing that died, the mesmer is in a rather bad position now. The only option that I have is to shatter because Anet like this mechanic and made it mandatory. It seemes like every sustainable phantasem is dead or nerfed to oblivion. I created my Mesmer when the game was released and loved it, it was different than other classes and a lot more fun in my opinion. I created a build that complimented my gamestyle. I left the game after heart of thorns and returned a week ago, part of the skills got changed and nerfed, why do I need to taunt with a phantasmal defender? GW never used taunt and relied on smart gameplay, something that I don't feel as possible with the current Mesmer.

Sorry, but I couldn't find how to vote in the poll.

@Rhinala.1739 said:
    the chrono is not the only thing that died, the mesmer is in a rather bad position now. The only option that I have is to shatter because Anet like this mechanic and made it mandatory. It seemes like every sustainable phantasem is dead or nerfed to oblivion. I created my Mesmer when the game was released and loved it, it was different than other classes and a lot more fun in my opinion. I created a build that complimented my gamestyle. I left the game after heart of thorns and returned a week ago, part of the skills got changed and nerfed, why do I need to taunt with a phantasmal defender? GW never used taunt and relied on smart gameplay, something that I don't feel as possible with the current Mesmer.

Sorry, but I couldn't find how to vote in the poll.

All nerfs is a byproduct of their incompetence.
    For an example their rework of phantasms and sooner nerfs of all phantasms into oblivion because chronophantasma(chrono) to the state its bad even with CP and infinitely worse without. Or taking away IP from chrono (for unknown reasons), deleting its traits, nerfing staff because mirage and pretty much every build have to use DE to produce clones, sword nerfs that havent seen changed for 5 years but suddenly "too much evasion with mirage" but aftering nerfing it to normal evade duration it wasnt reverted (rip vigor) etc

• YtseJam.9784YtseJam.9784 Member ✭✭✭
    yes

I was so "amazed" today on how they said they "listened to our feedback" and quickly changed the stupid skins on the Lunar Year weapons, but we've been crying our hearts out here for over 6 months and not a single reply from the dev teams.

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭
    no

to late revert .. only go forward

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭
    yes

@lare.5129 said:
    to late revert .. only go forward

Everyone knows that. The point is to tell Anet that their redesign kitten sucks and had no purpose. And major fixing is now needed. They seriously need to stop this redesign for redesign bull kitten, and just focus on why things do not work and fix them. Instead of creating far more unnecessary issues.

• nanomidgy.9180nanomidgy.9180 Member ✭✭
    edited February 8, 2020
    yes

Yes please revert the shatter machanics rework, they are basically none functional in wvw right now.