A message from the Guild Wars 2 team about Shining Aureate weapons

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:Fantastic! I suppose hold on to your boxes everyone until they change

Well, even if one doesn't 'hold onto their boxes', the weapon chosen will be updated.I'm wondering, since unlocked skins can not be removed from the Wardrobe, whether one will end up with both skins (after the update).

But we don't know what all the updated skins will look like yet. We have a geneal idea from the preview above, but it looks like only the blades of the sword and axe are glowing, and it doesn't reach all the way down the sword blade. So there might be variation in how it affects the other weapons too. I admit it's a relatively minor detail, but it's still enough that it might change which of my character/s would use them and therefore which weapons I get.

I got my second weapon box today and I'm waiting until after the update to choose so I can try to get one I might actually use.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:Fantastic! I suppose hold on to your boxes everyone until they change

Well, even if one doesn't 'hold onto their boxes', the weapon chosen will be updated.I'm wondering, since unlocked skins can not be removed from the Wardrobe, whether one will end up with both skins (after the update).

But we don't know what all the updated skins will look like yet. We have a geneal idea from the preview above, but it looks like only the blades of the sword and axe are glowing, and it doesn't reach all the way down the sword blade. So there might be variation in how it affects the other weapons too. I admit it's a relatively minor detail, but it's still enough that it might change which of my character/s would use them and therefore which weapons I get.

I got my second weapon box today and I'm waiting until after the update to choose so I can try to get one I might actually use.

Well, I wasn't suggested one 'hold' or 'not hold' onto the boxes. Only clarifying that if someone did not, their weapon choice would be updated. Geez.

I meant hold on because your preference may change

Well, I wasn't suggested one 'hold' or 'not hold' onto the boxes. Only clarifying that if someone did not, their weapon choice would be updated. Geez.

I wasn't disagreeing with you, just clarifying why someone might still want to hold off making a choice even though, as you said, whichever weapon they choose will be updated.

There won’t be both skins, just the same one with altered graphics. Same as when they update legendaries.

There’s nothing to remove

Well this is pretty cool.

I was disappointed with the weapon skins as well but I was not expecting Anet to give them an upgrade.

I chalked it up to taste mostly, some liked them and others didn't.. that's pretty much normal for just about any cosmetic thing.I do hope the original skins are kept as well though.Just because a bunch of us don't care for them doesn't mean others should loose them due to a re-skin.Everyone wins if we get both :)