Ice Brood Saga Map Currencies Suggestion

Hatched Chili and Eternal Ice Shards cannot be sold on the TP, cannot be sold to vendors, and cannot be consumed for either Unbound Magic or Volatile Magic like the Season 3 and Season 4 map currencies are. While I am sure that we will have additional things to spend the Eternal Ice Shards on when the Bjora Marches map is expanded with the next release, eventually we will run out of things to spend these map currencies on.

I would like to see the option to vendor them be added to the game, the same as with the Season 3 map currencies.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:You can vendor the Eternal Ice Shards for LS4 currency which can then be converted.

Hatched Chili’s could use a sink such as a loot bag.

You can vendor eternal ice shards AND karma for LS4 currency. That's not the same.

You’ll earn more than enough karma in the process of obtaining the currency.

Umm, no. I don't get any karma because I don't go to the map any more. I only get the shards because I stupidly bought the home instance node, assuming it would have value.

@Daddicus.6128 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:You can vendor the Eternal Ice Shards for LS4 currency which can then be converted.

You can vendor eternal ice shards AND karma for LS4 currency. That's not the same.

Umm, no. I don't get any karma because I don't go to the map any more. I only get the shards because I stupidly bought the home instance node, assuming it would have value.

Well karma is fairly quick to earn enough karma for how much of the map currency you likely accumulated from gathering in just the home instance. There is a sink for eternal ice shards even if you don’t like it.

Would you be complaining if instead of karma, it required gold?

EDIT:

Rounding up, you're looking at 108 karma per eternal ice shard which is very manageable.

@Daddicus.6128 said:

So because you bought it you have to mine it every time you go to your home instance? I don't and I bought it too, certainly not going to keep mining the thing when I already have almost 2500 Eternal Ice Shards.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Would you be complaining if instead of karma, it required gold?

Of course. The question was about converting MAP currencies, not karma.

Name me an LS3 or 4 map currency that can be converted without requiring another currency.

All six from each of seasons 3 & 4. You just double-click them. Didn't you read the opening post?

It seems, instead of Unbound/Volatile Magic, Season 5 (The Icebrood Saga) awards Karma in U/V Magic's place.Thus, converting this map's currency uses Karma, instead of the previous Season's U/V Magic.I believe there are quite a few maps that award extra Karma (one may have to purchase a boost-sort of thing). Of course, one would have to play outside Core PvE maps.

@Daddicus.6128 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Would you be complaining if instead of karma, it required gold?

Of course. The question was about converting MAP currencies, not karma.

Name me an LS3 or 4 map currency that can be converted without requiring another currency.

All six from each of seasons 3 & 4. You just double-click them. Didn't you read the opening post?

Did you? Converting them to either UM or VM still requires you to use another currency to get value out of that.

So again, name me a sink for an LS3 or LS4 map/season currency that doesn’t require another currency. Every sink I see requires at least two currencies just like how the sink for eternal ice shards requires another currency (karma).

I see no issues and this is from someone who will have 36K eternal ice shards and 4K eitrite ingots going into next Tuesday. Both of those have sinks where I can get something of value which in this case is gold.

@Dante.1763 said:

@Gop.8713 said:I think we can all agree that is is the chilies that are the problem . . ?

what are chillies even used for? i have 1250 of them right now and its growing because theres -nothing- to buy..

That's the problem. As far as I can remember the only viable sink atm is buying lots of guild decorations, and I'm guessing there's a substantial majority of players who are not interested in that . . .

I imagine that they'll add a season currency soon and retroactively make the hatched chili peppers and eternal ice shards consume into them like they did Blood Rubies and Petrified Wood around Episode 4's launch.

Would be nice if they had a vendor value in the meantime, like S3 and S4 mats do.

Would also be nice if they made the HoT ascended map mats consume into the respective maps' currencies. I have so damn much airship oil still.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Because of that extra karma cost to convert, it isn't worth it.

It’s 108 karma per eternal ice shard. Acquiring that much karma is very easy. Converting all of the other currencies require at least one other currency to do so. You saying that using the karma to convert isn’t worth it is like saying using gold to convert UM/VM isn’t worth it.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:Because of that extra karma cost to convert, it isn't worth it.

It’s 108 karma per eternal ice shard. Acquiring that much karma is very easy. Converting all of the other currencies require at least one other currency to do so. You saying that using the karma to convert isn’t worth it is like saying using gold to convert UM/VM isn’t worth it.

When there are tons of more useful things to use your karma on and should instead farm for those resources directly instead of converting for them. You must be in the camp of "it is fine to keep buying salvage kits rather than using a copperfed". It adds up.

Btw, converting UM into VM really IS NOT worth it. Just farm the VM already.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Because of that extra karma cost to convert, it isn't worth it.

When there are tons of more useful things to use your karma on and should instead farm for those resources directly instead of converting for them.

People have been asking for karma sinks and now there is one. The amount of karma needed to convert the eternal ice shards is very easy to obtain from playing the map.

Just out of curiosity, what are these "more useful" things you can spend karma that you speak of?

I wasn't aware there was a way to convert UM into VM...

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

When there are tons of more useful things to use your karma on and should instead farm for those resources directly instead of converting for them.

People have been asking for karma sinks and now there is one. The amount of karma needed to convert the eternal ice shards is very easy to obtain from playing the map.

Just out of curiosity, what are these "more useful" things you can spend karma that you speak of?

"now there is one."This kind of karma sink has existed since HoT and people still ask for meaningful ones, because its the worst kind that doesn't value your karma. The unique stuff they add to heart vendors in S3 and S4 are pretty great significant sinks.

"using gold to convert UM/VM isn’t worth it"The way you said it sounded like converting UM and VM interchangeably, so I figured I'd suggest do something else rather than take the time to ask what you were talking about and get an explanation.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

"now there is one."This kind of karma sink has existed since HoT and people still ask for meaningful ones, because its the worst kind that doesn't value your karma. The unique stuff they add to heart vendors in S3 and S4 are pretty great significant sinks.

Those are one-time items that you purchase and not everyone values them. One exception being that I think the ascended trinkets in LS3E6 require karma but that too is limited by the number of builds that you have. Converting eternal ice shards with karma on the recent map is probably the best value that you can get with karma outside of perhaps legendary weapon/component selling. The conversion method isn't limited either as practically all players will find that gold will always have a value to them.

"using gold to convert UM/VM isn’t worth it"The way you said it sounded like converting UM and VM interchangeably, so I figured I'd suggest do something else rather than take the time to ask what you were talking about and get an explanation.

That's the way you interpreted it. A forward slash between two things typically doesn't mean what you had interpreted.