What would it take to remove DuoQ vs SoloQ from ranked?

Xentera.4560

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:They should remove pugs from ranked and have it be team only.

Let pugs and 1-5 for unranked.

Forming or joining a team should be a requirement for ranked pvp.

Finding and needing a group is required throughout much of the game especially harder content.

The mistake with pvp was solo casual catering.

The same top dogs have been at the top throughout the ages, teams and duos are not holding you back.

Are you unable to compete in ATs? A team comp deserves a more competitive environment. Look harder and I'm sure you'll find it eventually.

Even if team queue was added back in, it's a rather dumb idea to remove solo queue.What is "pug" in a PvP game? Do you even know what it stands for? You sound like a lost zergling from the dead mists (aka WvW).

Do you have any sense of the current population and how we got here? A team queue only requirement will leave the total playerbase of this game at an unplayable level. Good luck with over 1hr queues.

But I'm sure you'll be flying off like other fairweather players who supported duo queue earlier. They're nowhere to be seen now. They said "we want to play with our friends". They and their friends are mostly gone for good now.

Duo queue is not holding anyone back yet duo queue are capable of maintaining a 10:1 win loss ratio through a season? Duo queue is spoiling games both ways. Duos are either great or horrible. Rarely I've seen a close game with only one duo in it. Matchmaking is not capable of handling the imbalance.

Ranked is now nothing more than a rewarding unranked mode. Honestly, that's perfectly OK. ANET got us here as they chose to keep duo queue to let friends enjoy together. The casual attitude of many solo queuers is expected and should be acceptable.

Also, this.

No.

We are here 100% because they removed teams from ranked.

Also, if duo is so strong you should be able to use it and climb to the top spot and get those 10:1 ratios.

I'm just guessing but I guess your duo is simply not as good as theirs.

So, the rule you want is that good players can not play together and cooperate.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:No, for the most part they want solos vs solos duos vs duos and 5s vs 5s.

Exactly. Most of us just want like-kind matches: solos versus solos, groups versus groups. We're not asking to do away with groups.

However, if split queues aren't viable under the current population due to excessive queue times, the needs of the many should outweigh those of the few. If the current mixed queue system of combining duos and solos with no guarantee of mirror matches is detrimental to a majority of the population, that should outweigh the preferences of the minority that duos.

That said, I'm not taking a position as to whether duos are really problematic in the current system. I seem to encounter just as many bad duos as good duos, and I seem to be advantaged or disadvantaged by them roughly equally, if at all. Losing to a team with one or more good duos while on a team of solos certainly feels wrong, but the opposite happens too. This might be a situation where the feeling is worse than the overall outcome.

@Alatar.7364 said:

"unfair advantage"
?! You must be s****ing me. The fact that Teamque was removed from this teambased mode is an unfair advantage for the randoms and causals who enforced this nonsense on a team based environment and now you wanna even further increase your advantage by removing Duo-Q?I say it one more time
"You are at an advantage ever since Team-Q was removed, so either you realize Coquest is purely team based mode or you should not PvP at all no matter how entitled you feel to twisting a purpose of a team-gamemode to your selfish solo ideals"

Objectively the truth though, it's unfair by design. But it's only a problem for those who still take the ladder seriously, with the illusion that those titles and bagdes still carry some prestige. Still it's funny how you're trying to "no u" the whole argument, too bad it doesn't work that way. Or maybe it does...

You are at an advantage ever since Team-Q was removedCould you elaborate on how this could possibly make sense? Make me see reason!

Because if Team Que was not removed then the
"I WANNA SOLO IN THIS TEAM BASED MODE WITHOUT DISADVANTAGE OF NOT HAVING A TEAM"
people would not even get a chance at winning matches, which is simply correct way for things to be if you join a mode for teams as a solo player, you are knowingly and willingly putting yourself at disadvantage so theres no right for such people to complain and in case you don't
(or can't)
get a Team then that's literally too bad, you can't cry your way in to something where are not capable of belonging in to. That's like if people irl wanted to play football but without the need to build a team so the existing teams would be cancelled and everyone would be forced in to a random environment where their skill doesn't matter as opposed to Team environment where you train to make your combined skill worth. Hence ever since the removal of TeamQ solos are at an advantage because they get to win many more matches than they ever would vs rightful teams and former Teams get to lose more matches then they would in their rightful gamemode.By the way Team Q was never voted to be removed, Anet only created a Poll for a
trial season
of Duo or Solo.I said it before, Solo players need to stop further enforcing removal fo teamplay from team game mode and instead should try and get Solo Q only.

So up is down and left is right... and the ability to put yourself at disadvantage for soloQ-ing is the advantage itself. Cool.

I get how you'd like conquest to be a team based gamemode, but that's irrelevant to my question. The current design where someone HAS TO soloQ or matches can't even start(try making 5 man teams with only 2man premades) paired with a solo ladder makes for a weird joke of a system. Conquest could work in these two ways:5 man teams with team based ladder, or soloQ only with account based ladder. Any compromise between these two is unfair BY DESIGN.

You can rant and rave about teams and "casuals get out reee", but OP does have a point.

Also, tournaments is where teamplay is at, ranked is a clownfiesta and has been for years. If you cannot Q as a 5 man team, it's not a "team game mode".

@Xentera.4560 said:Ranked is unenjoyable, and almost unplayable the way it is. Having 2 players with the same tag using VoiP gives an unfair advantage against any random PUG. Fixing it should not be that hard tbh.And yet it still happens way too frequently...My question: what needs to happen before this matter is given the priority it deserves?

You could do the same, invite a friend to play Guild Wars 2 with you and duo queue with him. If you are playing on a Lan House or Cyber Coffee, you can get a way better advantage...

• Invite one or more friend to play Guild Wars 2!

@JETWING.2759 said:

@Xentera.4560 said:Ranked is unenjoyable, and almost unplayable the way it is. Having 2 players with the same tag using VoiP gives an unfair advantage against any random PUG. Fixing it should not be that hard tbh.And yet it still happens way too frequently...My question: what needs to happen before this matter is given the priority it deserves?

You could do the same, invite a friend to play Guild Wars 2 with you and duo queue with him. If you are playing on a Lan House or Cyber Coffee, you can get a way better advantage...

That does not change the fact that the vast majority of players in ranked are soloQ, and they are being placed at a disadvantage against a team with a duoQ, for the benefit of the very small percentage of players who duoQ. How easy it is to duoQ is really irrelevant.

@Xentera.4560 said:

That does not change the fact that the vast majority of players in ranked are soloQ, and they are being placed at a disadvantage against a team with a duoQ, for the benefit of the very small percentage of players who duoQ. How easy it is to duoQ is really irrelevant.

no.

you choose, they choose, the majority chooses not to duo.

if you think it is an advantage and you don't do it when it's allowed....lol

if duo goes away, daed gaem

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

no.

you choose, they choose,
the majority chooses not to duo

Maybe rethink the bolded parts?

@Xentera.4560 said:

@Linken.6345 said:So if there is only 1 duo looking for a a spvp match they should never get a match accoriding to you?Aint that abit unfair, maybe stick to custom arena farm is more your kind of playstyle OP

By this logic if there is only one person looking for a pvp should he never get a match?Waiting longer =/= NeverBut hey don't let facts get in your way.

You want to have an advantage against the other party by duoQ'ing with your friend, you need to wait longer. Simple as that.

You need to go back in time and prevent Evan Lesh mother to be born! That's the only way, gl hf. (did I said good riddance?)

@Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

no.

you choose, they choose,
the majority chooses not to duo

Maybe rethink the bolded parts?

no. the game lost players when teams went away.

lost more when duo above 1600 went away.

this is not the time to reduce groups.

no need to think, i saw and remember what happens.

@Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:No, for the most part they want solos vs solos duos vs duos and 5s vs 5s.

Exactly. Most of us just want like-kind matches: solos versus solos, groups versus groups. We're not asking to do away with groups.

Literally this is it. This is the solution to DuoQ.

Teams against other teams with no arbitrary self-limiting restrictions. Solos against other Solos without any merged queue cheese that only happens in merged queues.

However, if split queues aren't viable under the current population due to excessive queue times, the needs of the many should outweigh those of the few. If the current mixed queue system of combining duos and solos with no guarantee of mirror matches is detrimental to a majority of the population, that should outweigh the preferences of the minority that duos.

I think this is a perfectly good idea already, but if I could add anything i'd add that the people afraid to try this are being a bit unreasonable.

All split queues is, is just two different ways to play the same gamemode. Literally everyone is capable of playing in teams and Solos in a separate ladder whenever they want.People are willing to complain that PvP is content-starved, but they aren't willing to accept two different ways of playing Ranked. LUL

They also like to throw it out there that the population is too low. If the population of Teamers to solos is so drastically low by comparison; that teamers would be waiting in queue for hours, it's just nonsensical for Arenanet to burn and alienate what would be the vast majority of players by mixing them together, often times unevenly.Basically their solution to make a tiny handful of people who queue together happy is to make everyone else unhappy. ???? If they can't find some middle ground by trying to make both teamers and Solos happy, then they can literally do no right by us. We're being that impossible.

People like to argue that this was already tried before as well, but according to those same people it was SoloQ that died when the queues were first split.As if SoloQ dying out again would be anything but beneficial to someone TeamQing. Unless they were just farming SoloQ's to get 90% winrates of course, then that would be a travesty for those particular people.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

no.

The majority chooses not to duoRemove duoQ vs SoloThe majority will not be affected (negatively)

How the above leads to “daed gaem” in your head is beyond me.

@Xentera.4560 said:

no.

The majority chooses not to duoRemove duoQ vs SoloThe majority will not be affected (negatively)

Where you get majority chooses not to duo from?

I said it because I was making a point, but I dont it is factual.

It could be a majority, but I doubt it is as vast majority.

With how often we see duos in games, and you notice it enough to complain, it makes it easy for me to conclude that many players like to duo.

If there is not enough players to split, then it is daed gaem.

If players that want to duo can not, and they leave because it is taken away, then it is daed gaem.

There are other behaviors that make matches shit, but it is not duo q to blame.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

no.

With how often we see duos in games, and you notice it enough to complain, it makes it easy for me to conclude that many players like to duo.

If players that want to duo can not, and they leave because it is taken away, then it is daed gaem.

There are other behaviors that make matches kitten, but it is not duo q to blame.

Listen no one gonna change your mind.

We already know your opinion

If you can't do simple things like see one duo que in a match and there are 10 players that means 8 solo q

From that 80 percent solo q so that is a majority

And there isn't a duo q every match so it's even higher

Just like if I see latest comment by crab fear I know you like duo q and solution is to duo q too cause that's only fair way

You dont observe every match.

I've been in a match that had 3 duo pairs, 2 and 1 respectively.

Been in games where I have had zero.

Not really an indication using our own experiences to make any such conclusions.

I can say from my experience that most games with more duos are better because they want to play, less chance of bots, and likely better coordination.

My bad experience if duos would have to be when I get matched against the number 1 and number 2 player duos.

It says to me that the population and amount of skilled players that can go against that in this game is very low.

Also, I normally see players on my team go "oh, it's such and such, gg. They are pros".

Getting past maybe a few matches where I have to play against top 10 players in duos, I really never noticed.

Been in matches 1-1-1-1-1 vs 2-2-1 where the total solo won the game, in a blow out no less.

If people think they will end up higher in rating or climb when duos are gone, they won't.

The same players were at the top during solo seasons.

The game mode was designed to be played with a team and coordination.

I personally feel that the ranked mode should have went guild ladder only and they never made a solo leaderboards.

The game would have had activity if it was the only option and if they made some kind of prestige to guild wins.

If the population could support a split for duos and solos, but see I dont think it can.

Also someone solo would have to fill the 5th spot.

I know that right now, in this point in time, that a guild ladder probably wouldn't work.

Because of population.

Players left.

They keep leaving, ir quitting the mode as soon as they got the easy legendary armor.

But, had they made it team/guild based only for rank earlier and made changes to stacking and swapping, I think players would have adapted.

Players still team up for dungeons, fractals, dragon stand, raids, and even groups in wvw.

If there was a reward, even solo players would have done it.

The bustling HA and AB during gw1 prime showed players would form teams.

Are we really at a point where the population can afford a split, how would the split work, and if it won't work, what makes you think the players who actually do play with friends would stay?

My guild NA is BGW, one of the largest public pvp guilds, and we have people (in average range to plat 2) who are duo q all of the time.

Not really the top 25 player, or top 50 deal breakers, just regular cats trying to play with guildies.

I think the rat race leaderboards in pvp have really destroyed team play in the game.

Now, people want to pretend that gw2 is a mall, they go there alone, but are still technically shopping with others.

@Xentera.4560 said:

no.

very shortsighted thinkig.duoQ gets removed, 10% of the population leaves.since there is 10% less players, matchmaking is worse, everyone suffers.becouse matchmaking is worse, people get pissed off and stop pvp, even more people quit, matchmaking gets even worse . . . .forward 3 months dead game.Unlike most people I have seen long term effect of such changes, so I can say without a shadow of a doubt that removing duoQ is idiotic at best.its not me just " i think X becouse I feel like it "I have SEEN THIS SHIT happen to MUCH bigger games.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

no.

very shortsighted thinkig.duoQ gets removed, 10% of the population leaves.since there is 10% less players, matchmaking is worse, everyone suffers.becouse matchmaking is worse, people get pissed off and stop pvp, even more people quit, matchmaking gets even worse . . . .forward 3 months dead game.Unlike most people I have seen long term effect of such changes, so I can say without a shadow of a doubt that removing duoQ is idiotic at best.its not me just " i think X becouse I feel like it "I have SEEN THIS kitten happen to MUCH bigger games.

Only issue is that you are overlooking those who might get back into ranked when it stops being so tilted.

Just to put this into perspective, in GW1 sync’ing Random Arena with a friend to go against a group of soloQ’ers was a bannable offense... just think of that for a moment.

@Xentera.4560 said:

no.

very shortsighted thinkig.duoQ gets removed, 10% of the population leaves.since there is 10% less players, matchmaking is worse, everyone suffers.becouse matchmaking is worse, people get pissed off and stop pvp, even more people quit, matchmaking gets even worse . . . .forward 3 months dead game.Unlike most people I have seen long term effect of such changes, so I can say without a shadow of a doubt that removing duoQ is idiotic at best.its not me just " i think X becouse I feel like it "I have SEEN THIS kitten happen to MUCH bigger games.

Only issue is that you are overlooking those who might get back into ranked when it stops being so tilted.

Just to put this into perspective, in GW1 sync’ing Random Arena with a friend to go against a group of soloQ’ers was a bannable offense... just think of that for a moment.

im sure you have good exp with that.im sure you dont just hope that things get better.I played through such stupid changes in league ( 40% of playerbase stopped playing within 3 weeks )lets pretend things will get betterim sure people dnt play pvp becouse duoQ exists.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

no.

im sure you have good exp with that.im sure you dont just hope that things get better.I played through such stupid changes in league ( 40% of playerbase stopped playing within 3 weeks )lets pretend things will get betterim sure people dnt play pvp becouse duoQ exists.

I am not sure if there is an actual argument there underneath these meaningless, pointless, poorly coherent, phrases. But yes, a lot of people quit doing PVP because it is so tilted the way it is right now. Whether it is win trading, duoQ’ing, or other manipulations used by many. If you can’t see how fixing that will draw in more players than I don’t know what else to tell you

@Xentera.4560 said:

no.

I am not sure if there is an actual argument there underneath these meaningless, pointless, poorly coherent, phrases. But yes, a lot of people quit doing PVP because it is so tilted the way it is right now. Whether it is win trading, duoQ’ing, or other manipulations used by many. If you can’t see how fixing that will draw in more players than I don’t know what else to tell you

the fact that you actually believe that removing duoQ will remove match throwing and match manipulating is pure hilarity.I am saying this is stupid becouse im having fun playing this game and I dont want it to die out.I have seen what will happen becouse I have been throught this shitty suggestions before.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

no.

There are other behaviors that make matches kitten, but it is not duo q to blame.

If you can't do simple things like see one duo que in a match and there are 10 players that means 8 solo q

Just like if I see latest comment by crab fear I know you like duo q and solution is to duo q too cause that's only fair way

Not really an indication using our own experiences to make any such conclusions.

I can say from my experience that most games with more duos are better because they want to play, less chance of bots, and likely better coordination.

I love these comments. You also don't observe every match

Even 3 duos is only 60/40 and I bet that is rare af. If the next match no duos the percentage of duos drops to 30

Not any indication of my own experiences then uses his own experiences.

I just can't anymore

The point was I could just as easily say my perspective counters the argument that duos are rare.

Slow down and chew what you read, and you will understand better.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

no.

the fact that you actually believe that removing duoQ will remove match throwing and match manipulating is pure hilarity.I am saying this is stupid becouse im having fun playing this game and I dont want it to die out.I have seen what will happen becouse I have been throught this kitten suggestions before.

The fact that you actually believe that keeping duoQ vs solo as a clear and obvious form of rank manipulation, is actually good for PVP in this game is what’s hilarious.

Did you miss my post about how syncing duoQ with ur friend in random arenas in GW1 was a bannable offense? This is how bad anet, and the community, thought duoQ vs solo was.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

no.

I love these comments. You also don't observe every match

Even 3 duos is only 60/40 and I bet that is rare af. If the next match no duos the percentage of duos drops to 30

Not any indication of my own experiences then uses his own experiences.

I just can't anymore

The point was I could just as easily say my perspective counters the argument that duos are rare.

Slow down and chew what you read, and you will understand better.

No one said rare. You said how do you know solo is the majority. In order for duo to be the majority every match would have to have 3 duos. Every single match. Chew on that

If vast majority is solo q, then would duos not be rare?

I acknowledged that solo q could be majority, but not so certain about "vast majority".

Here is the real though, it was already taken away for above 1600 for seasons 10-12.

It came back in season 13 as a "trial", but considering how the removal of teams was a "trial", that word must be code for permanent to ANet.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/52151/pvp-season-13-starts-august-28/p1

@Xentera.4560 said:

no.

the fact that you actually believe that removing duoQ will remove match throwing and match manipulating is pure hilarity.I am saying this is stupid becouse im having fun playing this game and I dont want it to die out.I have seen what will happen becouse I have been throught this kitten suggestions before.

The fact that you actually believe that keeping duoQ vs solo as a clear and obvious form of rank manipulation, is actually good for PVP in this game is what’s hilarious.

Did you miss my post about how syncing duoQ with ur friend in random arenas I’m GW1 was a bannable offense? This is how bad anet, and the community, thought duoQ vs solo was.

People synced all the time, could even see some in map chat counting it down if they were not on TS.

But, what I am understanding is that you want ranked conquest to be like random arenas.

I don't remember them being considered as prestigious as HA or GvG, as you got no cool emote (/rank)

or trimmed capes.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Cape#Cape_trim

Maybe they take away duo when they release swiss.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

no.

Did you miss my post about how syncing duoQ with ur friend in random arenas I’m GW1 was a bannable offense? This is how bad anet, and the community, thought duoQ vs solo was.

People synced all the time, could even see some in map chat counting it down if they were not on TS.

But, what I am understanding is that you want ranked conquest to be like random arenas.

I don't remember them being considered as prestigious as HA or GvG, as you got no cool emote (/rank)

or trimmed capes.

Maybe they take away duo when they release swiss.

That was the closest thing to ranked, people clicked join and were randomly grouped into 2 teams.

HA, TA, and GvG were 2 premade teams against each other.