Will there be a new Hall of Monuments to fill?

Jason.3485

Hopefully in the next several releases we will have a new HoM to put new achievements and high end items in. That may a nice new end game goal that many gw1 players took part in. Do you think Arena Net will make use of this as a new feature in the IceBrood Saga?

It wouldn't surprise me if the Eye of the North location appears in a future map, if we go in that direction. But I doubt they'd add a whole new Hall of Monuments style system just because we visit the spot where the old one was located. The point of the HoM system originally was to give long-term GW1 players a way to carry some progress over to GW2, so they wouldn't be put off buying the new game by feeling like they're starting over entirely from scratch. There's no need to do that now, and if anything adding it in might fuel rumours that GW2 is being abandoned for something else.

@xan.8936 said:Hopefully in the next several releases we will have a new HoM to put new achievements and high end items in. That may a nice new end game goal that many gw1 players took part in. Do you think Arena Net will make use of this as a new feature in the IceBrood Saga?

Vision of the Past is likely to take us to the Hall of Monuments, as that_shaman found updates to some models there and the description would fit using the Scrying Pool. Whether it includes any Sun's Refuge-styled or GW1-HoM-styled upgrades is up to debate (Sun's Refuge for Icebrood Saga and perhaps later would be ideal though, imo).

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@Gryphon.2875 said:I'd like to see the graves of our GW1 characters in it...

ANet devs have a huge aversion to establishing canonical origins and fates for player characters. Both the GW1 PC and the GW2 PC will likely never have a set-in-stone canon fate applied.

I doubt it is an aversion, but it is for the best in my opinion.In essence GW2 remains a role playing game. Some take it further then others. But there ar emany that have some immersion on their character (often reflected in their own). I loved GW1 and I love GW2, but to me GW2 was a new start and I prefer to not have any connection between my GW1 toons and my GW2 toons. I allready disliked having to make a GW1 character with my main GW2 name, just to be able to claim it early on.So I do not think it is just an aversion, but a necessity that contributes to the players own personal immersion.

@xan.8936 said:Hopefully in the next several releases we will have a new HoM to put new achievements and high end items in.

That would be great - but, after seven years, I doubt it. Yes, we will certainly be able to access the Eye of the North (apart from its current functionality) in the future, as it might become part of the Icebrood Saga. Still, for a GW2 HoM to be introduced, there would have to be the prospect of a GW3 or else it wouldn't make much sense - and I don't see that happen.

GW AND GW2 are all anet has. They should create a new campaign for gw that fills in part of the timeline gap for gw2 then later create a story in gw2 to play, but with a catch you have to play the campaign before the story can be accessed (still free on the story when campaign is done) this way they can get some new players in gw and gw2 also. Tie the games together more gw is unique so is gw2. Extend the games to compliment each other like no other games in history Just an idea

@Chyanne Waters.8719 said:GW AND GW2 are all anet has. They should create a new campaign for gw that fills in part of the timeline gap for gw2 then later create a story in gw2 to play, but with a catch you have to play the campaign before the story can be accessed (still free on the story when campaign is done) this way they can get some new players in gw and gw2 also. Tie the games together more gw is unique so is gw2. Extend the games to compliment each other like no other games in history Just an idea

You mean kinda like path of exile is doing with their 1 and 2 version of the games?

@Linken.6345 said:

@Chyanne Waters.8719 said:GW AND GW2 are all anet has. They should create a new campaign for gw that fills in part of the timeline gap for gw2 then later create a story in gw2 to play, but with a catch you have to play the campaign before the story can be accessed (still free on the story when campaign is done) this way they can get some new players in gw and gw2 also. Tie the games together more gw is unique so is gw2. Extend the games to compliment each other like no other games in history Just an idea

You mean kinda like path of exile is doing with their 1 and 2 version of the games?

Never played path of excile but it may be like it, if they are similar but different games. Anet has untapped potential in Guildwars and GW2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all i have a suggestion and would like to see what Players/Anet think of this idea, if it hasn't already been discussed.

I would love to see a return of the Hall of Monuments, i get that the ruins of old one is kind of a relic from the past and has been replaced by the home instance.. for me at least, i have a difficult time appreciating the home instance for what it is. i know there are helful upgrades that can be added but comparing that to the old HoM, at least in my opinion, there is definitely no argument to which i preferr.. soo my suggestion is this:

A unique story line (living World chapter? EoTn related, Nornbear? corrupted shrines? ) or locked behind achievemts/collections ingame to rebuild the HoM to it's former glory. From the displays for weapons/minipets/armors and banner decors, some basic merchants and the Nodes from home instances all in one place. This could also add themes/decor for sale in gem store! kind of like a miniature personal Guild Hall. would also love to see a little statue or something linked to my old GW1 account in there too!

I don't think this will take away from any of the other areas of the game such as lounges as they will always be convenient for crafting and collection merchants. Home instance will still show an evolution of the personal story though it would be nice if this had a little more TLC as at the moment people only care about the nodes in said instances.

Please discuss.

@"Riz.1908" said:Hey all i have a suggestion and would like to see what Players/Anet think of this idea, if it hasn't already been discussed.

I would love to see a return of the Hall of Monuments, i get that the ruins of old one is kind of a relic from the past and has been replaced by the home instance.. for me at least, i have a difficult time appreciating the home instance for what it is. i know there are helful upgrades that can be added but comparing that to the old HoM, at least in my opinion, there is definitely no argument to which i preferr.. soo my suggestion is this:

A unique story line (living World chapter? EoTn related, Nornbear? corrupted shrines? ) or locked behind achievemts/collections ingame to rebuild the HoM to it's former glory. From the displays for weapons/minipets/armors and banner decors, some basic merchants and the Nodes from home instances all in one place. This could also add themes/decor for sale in gem store! kind of like a miniature personal Guild Hall. would also love to see a little statue or something linked to my old GW1 account in there too!

I don't think this will take away from any of the other areas of the game such as lounges as they will always be convenient for crafting and collection merchants. Home instance will still show an evolution of the personal story though it would be nice if this had a little more TLC as at the moment people only care about the nodes in said instances.

Please discuss.Thread already exists here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/96185/will-there-be-a-new-hall-of-monuments-to-fillPlease use the forums search feature. ;)