Do people not know that...

JusticeRetroHunter.7684

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

@"The Ace.9105" said:Boon duration is capped to 100% no matter what the interface says in gw2.

Nope
"Gives a flat +20% duration to any boons applied to you, regardless of the source. Can go above the boon duration cap allowing up to +120% boon duration."Like i said, you can get 120% boon duration on Revenant.

And even though the original topic is about boons on glint, u brought up the FoN-Thing. If taking the active to extend boons by 3 you would need to hit 5 of your buffed allies again. And FoN's passive is bad. Its not exactly how the wiki describes, though its not very detailed about its "description" of the skill.

Lets talk only about the important boons here.Fury, protection and Swiftness. With max amount of concentration they would go from 3sec to 6seconds. With active FoN each would become an 7,2s Boon.

This would you technically allow (without subgroup) to maintain those boons on (yourself excluded) 18ppl permanently and on additional 9 for almost half a pulse(~1,2sec)

But tbh, is it worth taking stats to reach the concentration-cap as a herald? Not really. Cant the boons come from somewhere else anyway? Ofc, because every class is able to maintain those boons for themselve, if not -then other classes like firebrand or scrappers (wvw example) will help out with these.

"What about regeneration?" - its not worth without max healingpower or runes. Also its not strong enough to be the only heal source.Might? - its getting good if its gonna get stacked. single ones = not important

@"Virdo.1540" said:

Dont argue with this fool. I literally already disproved him and got a "no thats wrong because i said so" response, ignoring all my evidence. Just ignore him and let the thread die so this spread of misinformation stops. Theyre convinced that its not possible for a boon to override outside of a squad if the person has the boon.

Like i cant stress this enough. Even outside a squad, boons will over ride stacks if they are closer to the applicator. If a person without the boon is farther away than someone with the boon, the new application will go the person that already has it. And if youre in a squad, it will always go in priority sub>squad>team>kennel. I have tested this myself. Multiple times.

The literal only thing this dude is correct about is Facet of Nature, because its description is misleading. The game treats it as boon extension, not boon duration. I.e. from the code standpoint, it effectively works the same way as SoI and Tempest Earth WH4. But even with that you'd only get an extra 1.2 seconds on Facet of Darkness (7.2s total) for 2.4 applications, which under perfectly absolutely ideal circumstances still means only 20 people can keep the boons permanently, with 4 extra getting them sporadically.

edit: I just noticed virdo above said the exact same thing but better.

@Ertrak.9506 said:

@"Virdo.1540" said:

Dont argue with this fool. I literally already disproved him and got a "no thats wrong because i said so" response, ignoring all my evidence. Just ignore him and let the thread die so this spread of misinformation stops. Theyre convinced that its not possible for a boon to override outside of a squad if the person has the boon.

Like i cant stress this enough. Even outside a squad, boons will over ride stacks if they are closer to the applicator. If a person without the boon is farther away than someone with the boon, the new application will go the person that already has it. And if youre in a squad, it will always go in priority sub>squad>team>kennel. I
have
tested this myself. Multiple times.

The literal only thing this dude is correct about is Facet of Nature, because its description is misleading. The game treats it as boon
extension
, not boon duration. I.e. from the code standpoint, it effectively works the same way as SoI and Tempest Earth WH4. But even with that you'd only get an extra 1.2 seconds on Facet of Darkness (7.2s total) for 2.4 applications, which under perfectly absolutely ideal circumstances still means only 20 people can keep the boons permanently, with 4 extra getting them sporadically.

hehe :bleep_bloop:Yeye, but he has got a point, but this sounds way better on paper than it shows in practice once again.

@Virdo.1540 said:And even though the original topic is about boons on glint, u brought up the FoN-Thing.

no i didn't, i said exactly this in the earlier comment :

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:The Facets of Nature are a bit trickier, I would have to look into their exact behavior before I say anything about them"

I never brought up FON in fact i explicitly didn't want to talk about it's effects.

Fury, protection and Swiftness. With max amount of concentration they would go from 3sec to 6seconds. With active FoN each would become an 7,2s Boon.

This would you technically allow (without subgroup) to maintain those boons on (yourself excluded) 18ppl permanently and on additional 9 for almost half a pulse(~1,2sec)

Yes, exactly... i've been saying this, you can have the boons on 27 people at any given time. (There are situations where it can be more too)

But tbh, is it worth taking stats to reach the concentration-cap as a herald? Not really. Cant the boons come from somewhere else anyway? Ofc, because every class is able to maintain those boons for themselve, if not -then other classes like firebrand or scrappers (wvw example) will help out with these.

I never really said anything about how VIABLE it was...i just said that it's possible, and easy to do to stack it on nearly 30 people and people here simply "don't believe it."

-------> @Ertrak.9506 said:

Dont argue with this fool. I literally already disproved him and got a "no thats wrong because i said so" response, ignoring all my evidence. Just ignore him and let the thread die so this spread of misinformation stops. They're convinced that its not possible for a boon to override outside of a squad if the person has the boon.

Nobody ever said this. The chance of re-stacking the same boon on somebody is just as likely as placing the boon on somebody new. (It's actually less likely to restack it...if you want me to prove that to you, just ask and ill prove it.) The maximal amount you can in theory place your boons on is somewhere between 30-40 people. In practice itll probably be around 20-30... conceptually it's MORE THAN 10...which is the point of the thread.

Like i cant stress this enough. Even outside a squad, boons will over ride stacks if they are closer to the applicator. If a person without the boon is farther away than someone with the boon, the new application will go the person that already has it.

how is this any different than what I've been saying? Its based on PROXIMITY PRIORITY and I've already said that multiple times.

Btw i didn't ignore your "evidence" i had read those threads a very long time ago many times, and i know exactly how the targeting and priorities work. Again like i said, it goes from subsquad priority to proximity priority (within your squad) once you place yourself in your own subgroup. And like I've said before you can try these things and test it for yourself.

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:Yes, exactly... i've been saying this, you can have the boons on 27 people at any given time. (There are situations where it can be more too)

nope, maximum of those 3 boons is 27 while only 18 have permanent. (without wasting FoN for its active)

how is this any different than what I've been saying? Its based on PROXIMITY PRIORITY and I've already said that multiple times.

Its the proximity priority,yes. but If the subsquad or any other priorized players are within the 600range of the buffs, then its not the Proximity Priory.

The proximity priority comes after the upper written priorities ,if no other ally* is within the range.

@Virdo.1540 said:

Its the proximity priority,yes. but If the subsquad or any other priorized players are within the 600range of the buffs, then its not the Proximity Priory.

The proximity priority comes after the upper written priorities ,if no other ally* is within the range.

zzzz This is not correct dude. you don't know how proximity priority works.

If you are in your OWN sub-group, there is ONLY the squad priority. Everyone in the squad is prioritized over those outside the squad and it's based on PROXIMITY for how it chooses allies within the squad. So if there are 40 allies in your squad, each in 5 man subparties, and you in your own subparty, then no matter what sub party they are in, an ability you cast on targets will be chosen via proximity.

zzzz

To explain again, everything in the game is based on proximity. Then from Proximity it's decentralized into groupings. So you have1) Sub-squad (Proximity within sub-squad)2) Squad (Proximity within Squad)3) Non-Squad (Proximity to everyone)

All the tiers are based in proximity, and abilities that don't have enough targets will default to the next best grouping via proximity. Example, you have 2 players in your subsquad. You use a 10 man buff, which prioritizes your partner always, so long as they are in range( This is also just proximity, within subsquad). The other 8 allies are selected via proximity to your position to players in your squad...

Do you get it now?

Work as any boon class that can pulse from source.

The number are aleatory at best, I think the max boons allies afected in one time was arround 10 + 4ish with boons ending for not being reaplied.

Note I play healer as a herald, I think i would notice those healing value numbers on larger squads across all players that i pass by.

Besides boon applied has source caster name.

Can u make a video or take some Screens cause that m8 be a exploit u found arround squad system.

Imo test are need to be done, 20 players ti happens needs to happens something like 2 groups of 10 separated and u moved from one to another.

@"Aeolus.3615" said:Can u make a video or take some Screens cause that m8 be a exploit u found arround squad system.

Yes, I will provide screens, thought my guild leader doesn't "approve" of me running ventari rev during guild runs, so ill do my best to get you some good data. Only way to really do it is to count all the names of players your buff effects via a heal (regeneration in this case) and have some sort of counter going that can show you the time frame in between heals, so that folks can get an accurate picture of how many people are getting effected by your regeneration in 10 seconds chunks (as an example).

But FEEL FREE to just try it yourself as well. You only need be in a sub-squad by yourself to see the effects. You can even do a comparison ofA- Your regeneration healing ticks in a subgroup of 10vsB- your regeneration ticks in your own subgroup.

Not exactly the most accurate way to do it, but you should see a PROPORTIONAL increase in healing from Regeneration (From say 10% contribution to 50% contribution as an example) The Larger your sample size (taking data from multiple encounters in A situation and B situation) will lead you to more accurate results.

@"Virdo.1540" said:

I took the time to draw a couple infographs for you so that you can visualize how priority works in this game.

uhIdvBJ.pngyChkUMf.png

The first image is your character (Green Triangle) casting a skill that effects 10 targets (9 allies and yourself) in a party of 5, in a squad of around 20 with some pugs around.The 2nd image is your character (Green Triangle) casting a skill that effects 10 targets (9 allies and yourself) in a subsquad only consisting of you.

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 ventari on group can be dangerous I’ve been in situations where ventari choosed not to heal the lowest hp player in mybsquad but healed the players with most hp since the selection is made to whom alacrity is choosed.

Note the lowest hp player was the closest to the tablet, and in party.

Even on that Anet kinda failed to iterate...:-/

@"Aeolus.3615" said:Can u make a video or take some Screens cause that m8 be a exploit u found arround squad system.

Yes, I will provide screens, thought my guild leader doesn't "approve" of me running ventari rev during guild runs, so ill do my best to get you some good data. Only way to really do it is to count all the names of players your buff effects via a heal (regeneration in this case) and have some sort of counter going that can show you the time frame in between heals, so that folks can get an accurate picture of how many people are getting effected by your regeneration in 10 seconds chunks (as an example).

But FEEL FREE to just try it yourself as well. You only need be in a sub-squad by yourself to see the effects. You can even do a comparison ofA- Your regeneration healing ticks in a subgroup of 10vsB- your regeneration ticks in your own subgroup.

Not exactly the most accurate way to do it, but you should see a PROPORTIONAL increase in healing from Regeneration (From say 10% contribution to 50% contribution as an example) The Larger your sample size (taking data from multiple encounters in A situation and B situation) will lead you to more accurate results.

@"Virdo.1540" said:

I took the time to draw a couple infographs for you so that you can visualize how priority works in this game.

uhIdvBJ.pngyChkUMf.png

The first image is your character (Green Triangle) casting a skill that effects 10 targets (9 allies and yourself) in a party of 5, in a squad of around 20 with some pugs around.The 2nd image is your character (Green Triangle) casting a skill that effects 10 targets (9 allies and yourself) in a subsquad only consisting of you.

ye thats what i and others said.-

@Virdo.1540 said:ye thats what i and others said.-

No you said this:

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:how is this any different than what I've been saying? Its based on PROXIMITY PRIORITY and I've already said that multiple times.@Virdo.1540 said:Its the proximity priority,yes. but If the subsquad or any other priorized players are within the 600range of the buffs, then its not the Proximity Priory.The proximity priority comes after the upper written priorities ,if no other ally* is within the range.> @Virdo.1540 said:

This is what you said and it's wrong. Proximity priority doesn't "come after" it's always there... If you are in a subsquad with a party of 10, you will always have proximity priority with relation to your party. If you are in a subsquad of just yourself, then you will always have proximty prioirty in relation to your squad...there is no "comes after the upper written priorities" if you are in your own subgroup...

The responses on this thread baffles me how you are literally proving everything i'm saying right but still arguing that i'm wrong.

Meanwhile the other guy Ertuk or whatever his name is, is talking about the Boon duration stacking limit as if it even applies to this entire scenario... It has no bearing on the situation since you can never theoretically reach this boon stacking limit while doing this technique. You reach boon duration stacking limits when you are pulsing the same buffs on the same 10 people over and over again...which is the complete opposite of what we are doing in this thread (pulsing boons on as many unique individual players as possible)

Since he brought up the idea of over-stacking, here is basic probability math, since he never bothered to ask me to prove it, ill just prove it right now:

You have 40 players in a squad, assuming you are in your own subsquad. First pulse comes out and buffs 10 people.Second pulse comes out...what is the chance that you will overstack the buffs on this second pulse with the first pulse's buffs?10 out of 40 chance : 25% chance, So at this point on average, 17/40 will have the buff (Average of 3 players will receive the buff again)

Third Pulse comes out. What is the chance that you will overstack the buffs on this third pulse with the other two pulses?17 out of 40 chance : 42% chance, So at this point on average, 23/40 will have the buff (Average of 4 players will receive the buff again)

Fourth pulse comes out. What is the chance you will overstack the buffs on this fourth pulse with the other three pulses?23 out of 40 chance: 57% chance, So at this point on average, 27/40 will have the buff (Average of 6 players will receive the buff again)

Like we've been saying, 20-30 people....Sure i may have overestimated the amount in my original post (I said 30-40) but 40 is theoretically the maximum, given that it reaches individual players everytime. Regardless the number 27 is a bigger number than 10, and that's really what the point of this thread is, which is that you can bypass the 10 ally target cap, by a significant margin.

@"Virdo.1540" said:

uhIdvBJ.pngyChkUMf.png

But I don't want to be a green arrow :-(