Ingame Mail Anti-Spam Mechanic

Yasi.9065

Here's a post from some time ago that speaks to this:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@Dreamy Lu.3865 said:I agree that it is annoying. The issue has been discussed several times. I may be wrong, but it seems to me that the main reason for this limit is to help preventing gold sellers. I would have to browse the forum to find again the thread in which it was explained in details. If I recall correctly, for now, there is no easy alternative solution that can be put in place.

That is correct. With limitless mails, RMT will start spamming every account in the game. :( I understand the desire, but I also understand the reasons for the limitations. I will bring this up with the devs to see if there's a potential work-around, but so far, one (without drawbacks) has not been evident or something that was reasonable and without risk to implement.

@kharmin.7683 said:Here's a post from some time ago that speaks to this:

@Dreamy Lu.3865 said:I agree that it is annoying. The issue has been discussed several times. I may be wrong, but it seems to me that the main reason for this limit is to help preventing gold sellers. I would have to browse the forum to find again the thread in which it was explained in details. If I recall correctly, for now, there is no easy alternative solution that can be put in place.

That is correct. With limitless mails, RMT will start spamming every account in the game. :( I understand the desire, but I also understand the reasons for the limitations. I will bring this up with the devs to see if there's a potential work-around, but so far, one (without drawbacks) has not been evident or something that was reasonable and without risk to implement.

You bookmarked all of these threads while waiting for giants to respawn didn’t you? ?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Here's a post from some time ago that speaks to this:

You bookmarked all of these threads while waiting for giants to respawn didn’t you? ?

Heh... no, I just remember seeing topics rotate back around and use the Forums Search function.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Indeed, there used to be a LOT of Gold-seller spam in chat. As well as lots and lots of gathering and bear-bow bots running around PvE.

@Tzarakiel.7490 said:

@Hashberry.4510 said:I guess the anti RMT measures work great? Been here all along and have seen nor heard from a gold seller.

When the game was still fairly new you would be getting dozens of spam whispers from gold sellers every time you posted on the forums. I stopped posting for a while because the ingame spam got too annoying.

There is a difference between whispers, and letters. I feel like removing the limit for players who have each other as friends isnt a bad idea. I sure as hell dont add bots/goldsellers or trolls to my friends list.