Why are comments disabled on official gw2 youtube videos?

kokonut.7683

Comments were disabled from the start on that video, since it probably wasn't really meant to be a trailer, just a sneak peak for the GuildChat. That's why it is also an unlisted video, not showing on the main channel unless you have the link (It's similiar for videos in other languages, so Anet doesn't have to make a YT channel for every language).If you check their newest video, the actual GuildChat video, it has comments on. You could always just share your feedback there, but I'm not even sure you're here to give feedback ;)

Whats in the video that requires comments? its not like they actually discuss much of whats coming in the patch. Thats probably the reason it has the dislikes. Add to that from what i know that video is meant to be viewed from the announcement page, so you wouldnt be able to comment anyways.

Also, theres an edit button, dont bump your post by stating the same thing in a new way.

@Raknar.4735 said:Comments were disabled from the start on that video, since it probably wasn't really meant to be a trailer, just a sneak peak for the GuildChat. That's why it is also an unlisted video, not showing on the main channel unless you have the link (It's similiar for videos in other languages, so Anet doesn't have to make a YT channel for every language).If you check their newest video, the actual GuildChat video, it has comments on. You could always just share your feedback there, but I'm not even sure you're here to give feedback ;)

In addition to the options above you could also put your feedback on this forum. (Or on Reddit or another site of your choice.)

@"Nightcore.5621" said:The video have 40 likes 244 dislike. Is that why anet stopped so People cant comment on they videos anymore?

At the moment of this writing: 2.5k Likes, 187 dislikes

So applying your later logic, if there is vastly more likes, does that mean they are doing it right?

@MoriMoriMori.5349 said:

@Nightcore.5621 said:The video have 40 likes 244 dislike. Is that why anet stopped so People cant comment on they videos anymore?

I personally gave it dislike exactly because comments are disabled. Hate these hideous practices of silencing people to save someone's feelsies and overblown self-esteem.

except on the video Cyninja linked the actual preview video has comments enabled, so not sure where you got that from.

@MoriMoriMori.5349 said:

@Nightcore.5621 said:The video have 40 likes 244 dislike. Is that why anet stopped so People cant comment on they videos anymore?

I personally gave it dislike exactly because comments are disabled. Hate these hideous practices of silencing people to save someone's feelsies and overblown self-esteem.

You mean like your own feelsies and self-esteem? Oh the irony.

Not even getting into the issue of how the developers would know about any of your personal motivations. To them it only shows up as you not liking their content, which is a valid dislike if you actually dislike it. Bringing in your personal politics, yeah good luck with that.

@Nightcore.5621 said:

So applying your later logic, if there is vastly more likes, does that mean they are doing it right?

Not that video. This one

It's a crap trailer, but the content might be good.

@Nightcore.5621 said:

Not that video. This one

a trailer, of a trailer. you are upset because of a trailer of a trailer?

Which again, is only allowed to be seen if you have link to the video, its not even listed on their page.

@Nightcore.5621 said:

Not that video. This one

Whut is that, a legit trailer? It's bad really bad. Understand why comments are non allowed. All those glitchy plans feels like stupid edits with photoshop using some transparency brushes. Don't understand, the first one was awesome... well +1 dislike.

Through as said above, it's available with link, so I don't really take it in account.

Edit: taking a second look at it it's surely a beta video not meant to be released.

@hugo.4705 said:

Not that video. This one

Whut is that, a legit trailer? It's bad really bad. Understand why comments are non allowed. All those glitchy plans feels like stupid edits with photoshop using some transparency brushes. Don't understand, the first one was awesome... well +1 dislike.

Through as said above, it's available with link, so I don't really take it in account.

Its just a preview of the rewards, little else.

@Blude.6812 said:OP, You can always make a 3rd and 4th topic on the same topic, like the two you already started.

What? Not sure what post you're referring to but I'm not that jobless.Also I think it makes sense if they're disabling comments on all unlisted videos but this isnt 2012.. I still don't understand the logic behind it. This guy gets it ~

@MoriMoriMori.5349 said:They don't need to moderate anything there, it's none of their business. Youtube moderation team will intervene, if needed.

@nxsage.6578 said:

@Blude.6812 said:OP, You can always make a 3rd and 4th topic on the same topic, like the two you already started.

What? Not sure what post you're referring to but I'm not that jobless.Also I think it makes sense if they're disabling comments on all unlisted videos but this isnt 2012.. I still don't understand the logic behind it. This guy gets it ~

@MoriMoriMori.5349 said:They don't need to moderate anything there, it's none of their business. Youtube moderation team will intervene, if needed.

youtube moderation? whats that, its about as bad as reddit.

To be honest, when it comes to videos like the one you are talking about, theres no harm in -not allowing- comments. its not supposed to be anything but a quick preview, make comments on the main trailer, or official videos that are listed.