I had a feeling for weeks.

Ghetx.1752

@"Hannelore.8153" said:To be fair Silverwastes was some of the best content ever added to the game, no shame in loving it for a long time.

Congrats on your reward for your dedication to "classic GW2"!

Thank you.I actually never got nothing.No precursors or anything,consider i slept in SW for years,and today i finally feel rewarded for all of my effort.

@"Hannelore.8153" said:To be fair Silverwastes was some of the best content ever added to the game, no shame in loving it for a long time.

As a WvW player, I loved how Silverwastes introduced players to the basics of WvW. I'd love to see more content that unifies the modes.

@Svarty.8019 said:

As a WvW player, I loved how Silverwastes introduced players to the basics of WvW. I'd love to see more content that unifies the modes.

I wonder how many players didnt like those mechanics, i dislike silverwastes because its like wvw.

At least i dont have to worry about getting ganked though, and the bosses are neat. But if the rewards werent good i wouldnt even go there.

Thank you all.

When i say 7 years,its not exaggeration,in 7 years i had 7 months break in total.Rest of the time i spent ingame was farming stuff on 2 different accounts.

I literally never got precursor.I did gamble,and farms with maxed out MF,most expensive item i got was 40 gold Exotic item and that was the only item i got with worth over 10 gold.

IN total i got 11 ascended chests 10 weapons and one armor.

I mean what else is there to say...You cant rely on drop,you can rely only on yourself and hardcore farm.

You can play TP,but you need to invest gold to gain gold,and its not like you can sell it instantly.You wait for months to sell certain things.

If you get into farm with mentality 'this time next year' Then you don't even have to play for more than one hour a day.If you want items fast to be able to enjoy having them equipped before you get bored playing,farm farm and only farm.

@"Obtena.7952" said:I think the satisfying part of SW is the overwhelming feeling you get that even if you do an event successfully, 2 others are failing somewhere else for you go 'save' them. Same for BFF.

Gratz to the OP. Does that thing actually give you something else or you just wanted it?

It gives this: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Preserved_Queen_Bee worth 5500 - 7000 Gold.

@Obtena.7952 said:I think the satisfying part of SW is the overwhelming feeling you get that even if you do an event successfully, 2 others are failing somewhere else for you go 'save' them. Same for BFF.

Gratz to the OP. Does that thing actually give you something else or you just wanted it?

I never won anything ever,no matter what game.

I wanted infusion as a drop so badly,because i was always wondering about feeling once you see that item in your inventory.

And all i can tell you is that after 2 hours,feeling was gone,i made one lege weapon,gave some gold to my friends,and i lost motivation to play only thing that kept me playing,which was farm.

Everyone who dedicated most of their time into playing GW2 want flashy and expensive items,but when you think about it,for someone who spends 10 hours a day doing RIBA,6.5 k gold is actually only few months of work.I know people who got 3.5 k gold just by doing LAB during halloween for 20 days.

So by the time u spent waiting on that Infusion drop,just so you can say 'i got something' you could've actually buy 15 of those in past 7 years.

All in all,you can never get something worth your time invested.This doesn't mean im not grateful,F no!Getting big amount of gold is not a small thing,but even with it,im still going to do SW,because sadly,that's the only thing im having fun with.

@aspirine.6852 said:Yay to Anets insanely good drops. They sure know how to do that in a game.... Now of to play more sarcastaball.

I was thinking the same thing. ;) 10 hours each day, for seven years, just in the small hope of getting that one drop? That's insane. And ANet's drop policy certainly supports that kind of addiction (the OP used that term). I don't think it was worth wasting that much time on it, but everyone their own.

I got the Chak infusion I think the second time I did the Gerent, right after the release of Hot. I equipped the trinket and saw the popping bubbles and the odd lightning streak and thought "whatever" and banked it, since I pretty much bank anything that is not normal loot. 3 years later I am on reddit and I see people talking about these infusions, and the insane amounts of Gold they are going for and I am thinking, "No, they can't be talking about that thing I looted so long ago?" But they did and now I have an ugly infusion in the bank that is worth over 10k gold (15k on reddit) and I can't sell it because I can not sell anything that is so unique. :(

Sarcastic, right? Not quite clear. Because some people really think running semi-afk in a circle for hours, pressing interact every few meters is "gud content".

@"Tyncale.1629" said:I got the Chak infusion I think the second time I did the Gerent, right after the release of Hot. I equipped the trinket and saw the popping bubbles and the odd lightning streak and thought "whatever" and banked it, since I pretty much bank anything that is not normal loot. 3 years later I am on reddit and I see people talking about these infusions, and the insane amounts of Gold they are going for and I am thinking, "No, they can't be talking about that thing I looted so long ago?" But they did and now I have an ugly infusion in the bank that is worth over 10k gold (15k on reddit) and I can't sell it because I can not sell anything that is so unique. :(

also u realize the gold u need farm just to pay the fee to sell it on tp.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:Yay to Anets insanely good drops. They sure know how to do that in a game.... Now of to play more sarcastaball.

I was thinking the same thing. ;) 10 hours each day, for seven years, just in the small hope of getting that one drop? That's insane. And ANet's drop policy certainly supports that kind of addiction (the OP used that term). I don't think it was worth wasting that much time on it, but everyone their own.

also 10hrs/7years he probably farmed insane amount of gold to buy not only the bee infusion, but all expensive infusions. how much loot that guy is sitting on? is just insane. i farmed AB 10hours on weekend only and farmed probably 2k~3k gold in few months... 10hrs of silverwastes everyday for 7 years will make him one of richest guys of Gw2. Also i become overweight, and had lot of physical issues in less 3years of hard gaming routine..., but now im on 2yrs of diet/gym routine to recover and i got back the good shape...

7years sitting on chair 10hrs/day is a atomic bomb of health issues, i wonder how long this history is true.

The OP must be a time traveler then, given how the Silverwastes were added in the November 4, 2014 update. For them to be running RIBA for 7 years it means they made this post in November 4 2021, about 2 years from now. From where you are, can you post the lottery numbers from Christmas 2020? Asking for a friend

Edit, further, the boss that drops it is the Vinewrath which was added in the January 13, 2015 update, 5 years and 12 days ago.