LF Build Advice: WvW Signet of Undeath Build

Za Shaloc.3908

I am a pretty diehard Rev player but have been a bit burnt out from it lately because I play it so much. I've been trying to experiment with other classes and have been having trouble finding something that really "clicks." So far, I would say the closest fit has been Signet of Undeath Necro with traited Signets of Suffering. Despite the chunky health cost, I really love being able to rez people with not only a fast cast time, but also a short cooldown. I have played around with different builds but since I have so little experience on Necromancer, I don't really trust my ideas and some of them seem to be flops so far as far as general effectiveness goes beyond the rezzes.

What I am looking for is a relatively well-balanced build that can carry an impact in teamfights. I don't need a hyperoptimized zerg build, but moreso one that works well for small-scale and casual pug vs pug stuff. I don't have much of a preference for Core vs Reaper because I enjoy both, but I am not really wanting a Scourge build since it has less synergy with Signets of Suffering. I also don't have a preference for condi or power. As long as I have SoU and SoS, I am open minded, but I am pretty deadset on those two choices at the moment since that is where I am finding the most enjoyment. The idea of playing a Reaper's Onslaught build appeals to me so I can get the rezzes off even faster since cleave can be so heavy in WvW. I am not really looking for an optimized duel build by any means because I would rather try to optimize a different build for that.

Hope this is specific enough! I will probably play with any suggestions I get to see what works best for me, but I'd like to hear suggestions from people who play the class more than I do.

@"Methuselah.4376" said:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAsiZlRw0YiMPGJOqKqLfA-zRRYkRDHoZQfFScRQuFQIpgVDA-e this is what I run for WvW. Nothing spectacular but I have had good level of success on this build.

The build looks pretty nice. I was vying for those two utility skills on the core condi build I had going because it seemed like corrupts is probably one of the best choices if wanting to make an impact. My only fear is playing with one stunbreak. Do you find you get a lot of value from Dhuumfire?

@Sarlan.7682 said:Whatever you build go for speedrunes and some sort of mobility (spectral Walk or wurm) if you want to play solo or without any supports. i also feel like the immob removal trait is by far superior to the unblockable marks trait for solo/no support play.

Yeah, most often I run without support and just run random comps with friends, so like 90% of the time it's just casual fun. I was thinking speed runes are definitely a good idea, but I don't have legendary light armor so before I made a commitment to then, I wanted to find a good build (or stat spread around least) before I commit the runes to the armor. Thanks for the suggestion about the immob removal trait though. That adept line is such a hard choice for me so I tend to go back and forth on what to take.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

@"Methuselah.4376" said:
this is what I run for WvW. Nothing spectacular but I have had good level of success on this build.

The build looks pretty nice. I was vying for those two utility skills on the core condi build I had going because it seemed like corrupts is probably one of the best choices if wanting to make an impact. My only fear is playing with one stunbreak. Do you find you get a lot of value from Dhuumfire?

I take Soul Reaping mostly for Fear of Death as it is a nice amount of LF recovery while in Shroud with Doom. Dhuumfire is more to give my shroud more condi application, nothing game changing really, but it does help with a condi setup. Ye the one stun break is a bit annoying, but usually if I am against a CC heavy spec, I tank the first CC and break the second and enter shroud if there's a third. Against groups....ye no amount of stun breaks are gonna save you really. 1 vs 1 I have had success against nearly all specs, with a particular higher chance of success against most of the FBs I've come across. Warrior and it's specs is what I tend to struggle with as my build is mostly a build of attrition and warriors are anti-attrition as you can get imo.

SoU's cost is too much if yur looking only to Res someone fast, because BM Well does this significantly better and can still fight solo or outnumbered without having one utility skill locked out.

Not only that, but Wells are very powerful and grant Protection.

Plus since yur playing Core, this means yu are better suited fighting from range, and Well + Mark cancer zones are basically a big turn off for melee burst builds.

Just worry bout fighting those pesky FA Weavers or any Rifle build.

This is exactly the build I use on Reaper with a few trait and utility changes.

The armor and rune choices are unfortunately not very flexible as I crafted it in such a way that the runes are mandatory to stay above 50% crit chance and changing any of the other stats will damage armor or Power rating.

If you don't mind a reduction in a few stats you can do something like this instead. That will cost you some Power and require Food to stay above 50% crit chance, but will otherwise be roughly the same and can still use Speed runes.

I think Reaper is your best bet for using Signet Of Undeath because core Necro doesn't really need the extra Shroud uptime nor does it do much to enhance the build unless you want to be more of a tank than a damage dealer. Reaper also contributes a lot more to a group with it's cleave and CC where as core Necro is only really useful if you're either going with multiple Wells or are full condi Corrupt-bot. From experience with playing core power Necro in groups, it does not have a niche that can't be filled by it's other specs, but it excels in 1v1's for it's greater ranged pressure, more reliable access to Corrupts and baseline durability. Core condi on the other hand can actually be quite useful for hard sniping people with constant Corrupts or nuking downed targets.

Back on the subject of the build, you can adjust traits and utilities to your preference, but what I've shared is how I would play it if I were to do so, and with your needs ( group, not Scourge, Signets Of Suffering ) in mind. Soul Barbs, Chill Of Death, Chilling Nova and Bitter Chill are all good options, all of which I use on my non-Signet build. Spectral Armor has much better synergy with Signet Of Undeath and Signet Of Vampirism than Flesh Wurm, but Flesh Wurm is much better for jukes and getting you out of situations you won't survive without it.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:I am a pretty diehard Rev player but have been a bit burnt out from it lately because I play it so much. I've been trying to experiment with other classes and have been having trouble finding something that really "clicks." So far, I would say the closest fit has been Signet of Undeath Necro with traited Signets of Suffering. Despite the chunky health cost, I really love being able to rez people with not only a fast cast time, but also a short cooldown. I have played around with different builds but since I have so little experience on Necromancer, I don't really trust my ideas and some of them seem to be flops so far as far as general effectiveness goes beyond the rezzes.

What I am looking for is a relatively well-balanced build that can carry an impact in teamfights. I don't need a hyperoptimized zerg build, but moreso one that works well for small-scale and casual pug vs pug stuff. I don't have much of a preference for Core vs Reaper because I enjoy both, but I am not really wanting a Scourge build since it has less synergy with Signets of Suffering. I also don't have a preference for condi or power. As long as I have SoU and SoS, I am open minded, but I am pretty deadset on those two choices at the moment since that is where I am finding the most enjoyment. The idea of playing a Reaper's Onslaught build appeals to me so I can get the rezzes off even faster since cleave can be so heavy in WvW. I am not really looking for an optimized duel build by any means because I would rather try to optimize a different build for that.

Hope this is specific enough! I will probably play with any suggestions I get to see what works best for me, but I'd like to hear suggestions from people who play the class more than I do.

Welcome to the Necro forum =)I recently learned a sick build from the strongest necro dueler I've seen.He is from the guild Ains.Power Core Necro build running full Signets and Antitoxin runes with DM traits.Good amount of burst, sustain and condi-management all rolled into one.I seen him beat almost every single top dueler in Armistice Bastion.I don't know his exact build, but I've used a variation of his build to great effect.Suddenly many fights become a lot easier after I used a variation of his build lol.

This is probably something he is running:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSQAYlRw0YZMO2JO2OvrWA-zRRYiRB7I4TQyDA-e

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:I am a pretty diehard Rev player but have been a bit burnt out from it lately because I play it so much. I've been trying to experiment with other classes and have been having trouble finding something that really "clicks." So far, I would say the closest fit has been Signet of Undeath Necro with traited Signets of Suffering. Despite the chunky health cost, I really love being able to rez people with not only a fast cast time, but also a short cooldown. I have played around with different builds but since I have so little experience on Necromancer, I don't really trust my ideas and some of them seem to be flops so far as far as general effectiveness goes beyond the rezzes.

Welcome to the Necro forum =)I recently learned a sick build from the strongest necro dueler I've seen.He is from the guild Ains.Power Core Necro build running full Signets and Antitoxin runes with DM traits.Good amount of burst, sustain and condi-management all rolled into one.I seen him beat almost every single top dueler in Armistice Bastion.I don't know his exact build, but I've used a variation of his build to great effect.Suddenly many fights become a lot easier after I used a variation of his build lol.

This is probably something he is running:

I just want to say please ignore my guess of his build haha.I got many of the guesses wrong.Anyhow he was using an amazing build but since the big balance is coming up in a month, lets look forward to more theorycrafting!

• 3 weeks later...