Cool way on how to introduce the DSD

Scraggy.3814

I like the OP-idea to make a sudden and unexpected introduction, but not in the way described. It would break too much existing lore.Another way to do it would be to defeat Jormag and his reign, so the ice melts rapidly and turns into a sea, this allows the DSD to come into view and range and claim the new land.

But more importantly, there should be some major twist, explaining why the DSD is so mysterious (not like Mordremoth, which was to me like: "Ow hey this dragon awoke, we knew about it all along, and his name isMordremoth, didn't you get the memo??)"So a proper backstory to this dragons identity and background would be a must to me.

@"mercury ranique.2170" said:But more importantly, there should be some major twist, explaining why the DSD is so mysterious (not like Mordremoth, which was to me like: "Ow hey this dragon awoke, we knew about it all along, and his name isMordremoth, didn't you get the memo??)"The DSD is only mysterious because its in the middle of the ocean, and all of the major races are land based, so there's not really been much in the way of interaction. And there is no real way to reach it that we know of, as I doubt Charr subs can survive the kind of pressures at the depths the DSD is probably chilling in.

The DSD will likely be the hardest dragon to kill, in terms of accessibility. Unless we can find some way to drag it to the surface.

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:The DSD will likely be the hardest dragon to kill, in terms of accessibility. Unless we can find some way to drag it to the surface.

I dunno. I think oceanic depths will be easier to navigate than magmatic depths. Especially since we are already allied with an oceanic race, and tentatively allied with another.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:I dunno. I think oceanic depths will be easier to navigate than magmatic depths. Especially since we are already allied with an oceanic race, and tentatively allied with another.Ehh, Primordus is known to just tool around in the normal depths a lot too. He's already made the mistake of frequenting an environment we can survive.

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:I dunno. I think oceanic depths will be easier to navigate than magmatic depths. Especially since we are already allied with an oceanic race, and tentatively allied with another.Ehh, Primordus is known to just tool around in the normal depths a lot too. He's already made the mistake of frequenting an environment we can survive.

The only reason we could survive Titan's Throat's heat was because we had protection from the elder druids. Though I'm sure Taimi can work up more heat resistances as she had for Scruffy.

But at the end of S3, he submerged himself in magma directly, which neither protections shown so far could, well, protect against. And that seems to be his go-to defense mechanism. If he were to remain in magma, he'd be untouchable.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:The only reason we could survive Titan's Throat's heat was because we had protection from the elder druids. Though I'm sure Taimi can work up more heat resistances as she had for Scruffy.

But at the end of S3, he submerged himself in magma directly, which neither protections shown so far could, well, protect against. And that seems to be his go-to defense mechanism. If he were to remain in magma, he'd be untouchable.That's not what I was referring to. I was referring to Primordus rummaging around in the depths and attacking the Asuran cities, which are obviously not in volcanoes, just the normal Depths, like what we explored in Eye of the North.

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:The only reason we could survive Titan's Throat's heat was because we had protection from the elder druids. Though I'm sure Taimi can work up more heat resistances as she had for Scruffy.

But at the end of S3, he submerged himself in magma directly, which neither protections shown so far could, well, protect against. And that seems to be his go-to defense mechanism. If he were to remain in magma, he'd be untouchable.That's not what I was referring to. I was referring to Primordus rummaging around in the depths and attacking the Asuran cities, which are obviously not in volcanoes, just the normal Depths, like what we explored in Eye of the North.

True, but that was when Primordus just woke up and was clearing the underground of life. After doing that, Primordus has resided in/around magma.

Even his chamber in GW1 was hard to survive without thermal protection, with the whole chamber in lava.