Firebrands, the most enigmatic class. Do they need a nerf?

EremiteAngel.9765

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@"Master Ketsu.4569" said:Well let us take a look at some of the past metas:

-Double Firebrand, Double Scourge-Double Firebrand, Double Mirage-Double Firebrand, Double Holosmith-Double Firebrand, Double Herald

Nothing wrong with Firebrand here folks. ;^)

And at the end of the day, this was all that needed to be said.

Eu has very, very few Firebrands right now. The meta is weavers, thieves, revs and a few mirages.

along with a backbone of 1-2 firebrands ofc.there is also difference between what people play and what is best.rev is better then mes but i just dont care, I wont play rev. I like mes.

This was the daily AT finals on EU yesterday. Look at the amount of value the FB got compared to literally every other player in that game.

I could cherry pick some at where finals were 2 firebrands vs 2 firebrands but im not going to bother.Peeps dont takes AT all that seriously, players win it not builds.

Not cherry picking anything. Look at the EU mAT.

I did.1 trick thief on thief1 trick mesmer on mesmer1 trick warrior on warrior

No idea what's that supposed to mean, but sure.

Symbolbrand is very un-healthy mechanically. I wan't it (mostly Echo of Truth) toned down. I wish symbols got reworked too, but we know that won't happen.

But saying that symbolbrand and support FB (LUL) is overpowered in the current meta is literally just lying to yourself, and to everyone else.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Double Firebrand, Double Scourge-Double Firebrand, Double Mirage-Double Firebrand, Double Holosmith-Double Firebrand, Double Herald

Eu has very, very few Firebrands right now. The meta is weavers, thieves, revs and a few mirages.

along with a backbone of 1-2 firebrands ofc.there is also difference between what people play and what is best.rev is better then mes but i just dont care, I wont play rev. I like mes.

This was the daily AT finals on EU yesterday. Look at the amount of value the FB got compared to literally every other player in that game.

I could cherry pick some at where finals were 2 firebrands vs 2 firebrands but im not going to bother.Peeps dont takes AT all that seriously, players win it not builds.

Symbolbrand is very un-healthy mechanically. I wan't it (mostly Echo of Truth) toned down. I wish symbols got reworked too, but we know that won't happen.

But saying that symbolbrand and support FB (LUL) is overpowered in the current meta is literally just lying to yourself, and to everyone else.

1trick = one trick.comes from one trick ponypeople that play 1 class and 1 class only, like me.those people skew things like that alot.Expecially when they are good players, and make shit builds/classes look good or perform good.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

1trick = one trick.comes from one trick ponypeople that play 1 class and 1 class only, like me.those people skew things like that alot.Expecially when they are good players, and make kitten builds/classes look good or perform good.

You're really grasping for excuses here buddy.Fly multiclassesDrazeh multiclassesPain plays rev and thief

1trick = one trick.comes from one trick ponypeople that play 1 class and 1 class only, like me.those people skew things like that alot.Expecially when they are good players, and make kitten builds/classes look good or perform good.

You're really grasping for excuses here buddy.Fly multiclassesDrazeh multiclassesPain plays rev and thief

I think you are grasping at straws, you think FB is fine becouse it wasnt played in last winner mAT lol.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741"according to https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/96282/the-meta-some-mat-numbers-for-you#latestFB is the most played class in mATits also the most doublestacked class in mAT

out of 11 mAT, 8 were won by team with Firebrand73% of the winning teams have at least 1 firebrand.

I've literally been stating that I'm talking about the EU meta since the start. Firebrand gives zero value right now on EU, if it does on NA. Good for them, maybe I'm playing on the wrong server.

Also, this is from the very post you linked: "The FB numbers are waaaay higher in NA than in EU, especially when you look at the Duo numbers: 7 out of 18 NA teams were stacking FBs, while only 1 out of 23 EU teams did. "

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

I think you are grasping at straws, you think FB is fine becouse it wasnt played in last winner mAT lol.

I could literally just turn the argument around saying that the person playing Firebrand (chunsu) is a one-trick. Because it's all he plays. Same with Aeon, so I don't get the point of that argument. Literally the only person in the finals that was on FB (that's not a guard one-trick) is Miaz.

@Poledra Val.1490 said:Bottom line is that there are far more broken specs in the game right now, namely Weaver/Thief and not far from it revenant.

Not nearly as broken as firebrand, 1 firebrand can hold off and sustain through a group of 5 which includes a weaver and thief. I know, because I did it and I absolutely suck at PvP. Anet's attention needs to be soley directed at firebrand and taken away from every other class for the next long while until it's been chopped down to an appropriate level.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:

@Poledra Val.1490 said:Bottom line is that there are far more broken specs in the game right now, namely Weaver/Thief and not far from it revenant.

Not nearly as broken as firebrand, 1 firebrand can hold off and sustain through a group of 5 which includes a weaver and thief. I know, because I did it and I absolutely suck at PvP. Anet's attention needs to be soley directed at firebrand and taken away from every other class for the next long while until it's been chopped down to an appropriate level.

To be fair, your opponents were none the better, for sure.