split surge dmg ?

Fat Disgrace.4275

@"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:so, this is meant to be an ambush skill, i have never seen this kinda dmg before but is this legit ? (wvw zerg warrior with 3k armour)no, this is not a cry thread, just a lil shocked lolpxCA4dc.jpg

thats weird, noncrit for 7,5k.crit for 4,3kIt must have been some proper bullshit going on for that to happen, propably 25stacks of might, 25vulnerability, warrior using charge etc etc.its possible to reach some ridiculous numbers like that.He seems to run glass cannon build ( becouse no clones used split surge on you ) so its safe to assume they use extra dmg on crit trait.Personally I never noticed split to randomly deal ridiculous damage, but I dont play power mirage.I think its just typical WvW bullshit buff/debuffs doing its thing.

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:That 3.7k non-crit Life Transfer (1/9 hits) seems pretty fishy too.

If the skill can't be highlighted, it means that dmg was done by an illusion (a clone in this instance). Which makes things even more confusing.

look at their nicknamesthey are 100% premade, I think its just bunch of premades on coms stacking buffs/debuffs and bursting people.

On paper, yes it is possible :2,271 with full buff+100% critical chances +246% base crit damage +15% illusions damage from empowered illusions = ~6424.if you have some vulnerability stacks, it can reach this level of damage.And I don 't search if runes or food can empowered illusions or how the might from you can stack with the might illusions gain after taking yours as base stats.

@viquing.8254 said:On paper, yes it is possible :2,271 with full buff+100% critical chances +246% base crit damage +15% illusions damage from empowered illusions = ~6424.if you have some vulnerability stacks, it can reach this level of damage.And I don 't search if runes or food can empowered illusions or how the might from you can stack with the might illusions gain after taking yours as base stats.

I wonder if buffs like banners or warhorn charge works on illusions lol

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@viquing.8254 said:On paper, yes it is possible :2,271 with full buff+100% critical chances +246% base crit damage +15% illusions damage from empowered illusions = ~6424.if you have some vulnerability stacks, it can reach this level of damage.And I don 't search if runes or food can empowered illusions or how the might from you can stack with the might illusions gain after taking yours as base stats.

I wonder if buffs like banners or warhorn charge works on illusions lol

these all works except that warhorn 4 just works for 2 ticks ofc and illusions have low priority in getting them

If Life Transfer can hit for 3.7k non-crit, then the 4.3k crit Split Surge from the actual mesmer is fine, either they did an extremely coordinated bomb or the warr's armor/'dmg taken' calculation bugged out (in which case it is not a problem to do with mes).

The 7.5k non-crit Split Surge appears to be an ultra-rare bug where dmg calculation for the clone casting it randomly messed up. TBH, the /wiki doesn't really have an accurate explanation of clone/illusions, so random things could possibly occur within this realm.

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:If Life Transfer can hit for 3.7k non-crit, then the 4.3k crit Split Surge from the actual mesmer is fine, either they did an extremely coordinated bomb or the warr's armor/'dmg taken' calculation bugged out (in which case it is not a problem to do with mes).

The 7.5k non-crit Split Surge appears to be an ultra-rare bug where dmg calculation for the clone casting it randomly messed up. TBH, the /wiki doesn't really have an accurate explanation of clone/illusions, so random things could possibly occur within this realm.Really weird things happen in WvW with the mesmers sometimes and I wonder how much with the clone generation thats broken. All those mesmers that seem to projectile vomit out clones... the other day we saw one that had 5 downstate clones. Yeah you read that correct. Counted them. I really have no idea how, it was just 1 mesmer. It would not surprise me if more things is broken.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:If Life Transfer can hit for 3.7k non-crit, then the 4.3k crit Split Surge from the actual mesmer is fine, either they did an extremely coordinated bomb or the warr's armor/'dmg taken' calculation bugged out (in which case it is not a problem to do with mes).

The 7.5k non-crit Split Surge appears to be an ultra-rare bug where dmg calculation for the clone casting it randomly messed up. TBH, the /wiki doesn't really have an accurate explanation of clone/illusions, so random things could possibly occur within this realm.Really weird things happen in WvW with the mesmers sometimes and I wonder how much with the clone generation thats broken. All those mesmers that seem to
projectile vomit
out clones... the other day we saw one that had 5
downstate clones
. Yeah you read that correct. Counted them. I really have no idea how, it was just 1 mesmer. It would not surprise me if more things is broken.

could be several mesmers with similar name, wouldnt put it past people to make small group of same mesmer names and run around goofing around.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

The 7.5k non-crit Split Surge appears to be an ultra-rare bug where dmg calculation for the clone casting it randomly messed up. TBH, the /wiki doesn't really have an accurate explanation of clone/illusions, so random things could possibly occur within this realm.Really weird things happen in WvW with the mesmers sometimes and I wonder how much with the clone generation thats broken. All those mesmers that seem to
projectile vomit
out clones... the other day we saw one that had 5
downstate clones
. Yeah you read that correct. Counted them. I really have no idea how, it was just 1 mesmer. It would not surprise me if more things is broken.

Phantasms turn into downstate clones if the mesmer is downed (the mesmer could have used traited gs #4, staff #3 then downstate #2). The more surprising thing is whether the clone cap can be broken while downed (but downstate clones disappear when rallying anyway). This is just the extent of how little is explained about clone/illusion interaction.

Certain clones use different skills compared to the mesmer. Sword clones use 'Mind Stab' instead of Mind Spike and is actually a functionally different skill. Scepter clones use 'Bolt' instead of Ether Bolt but it does the same thing. Trident clones' Siren's Call does more dmg even on only 1 hit compared to spear clones' attacks even though its the other way around for the mesmer.

Then Split Surge is modified for clones so that it deals more dmg than normal. Instead of dealing 100 dmg total, it deals 10x times as much. How much do we actually know about illusions?

@Yasai.3549 said:People forget that the only reason Split Surge does such insane damage is because GS Mesmers can insta stack yu with 25 Vuln stacks immediately.

There's also the fact that vuln is buffed by the domination traitline, but even then with 25 stacks of vuln on your ennemy (and might on yourself) you can't usually do a 4.3k damage hit on Split Surge. On the regular basis when I stacked max vuln and max might my 3 hits deal between 1.4k and 2.1k each

So I tested the highest damage I could reach on Split Surge and it's 4.5k per hit (so 13.5k in total). Really situational though as I had a lot of set-up to deal this much. I had to take the scholar rune, the power ferocity food, egotism (so have a higher hp percent than both 90% and my ennemy), I had to stack might by doing a previous split surge on multiple people, stack vuln by doing a previous split surge on my target with 3 clones up, stack fencer's finesse by attacking with clones on sword previously and stun my target before the last split surge to make use of the superiority complex trait. So you can't really emulate that in a fight. That said I didn't have objective auras, bloodlust, sigil of force and while my armor and weapons were in berserk stats, my trinkets were in maraudeur. So higher numbers are reachable in wvw, especially if the mesmer has someone with him buff his stats (such as a warhorn war)

Btw all this was tested in the armistice bastion on a golem that has the same stats as a champion tower lord. I'm not too sure about how much armor they have (but i think it is below the 3k)

edit : i also tested how much damage i could reach with my clones under the same condition and it is a little bit less than 1k per hit (so 2.9k for the whole ambush). So yeah, no way a clone could deal 7.45k damage without critting.

@Gryxis.6950 said:edit : i also tested how much damage i could reach with my clones under the same condition and it is a little bit less than 1k per hit (so 2.9k for the whole ambush). So yeah, no way a clone could deal 7.45k damage without critting.That's what I'm thinking - Split Surge did actually crit but just didn't register in the combat log as a crit. The quick napkin math to get 7k from a non-crit split surge has you close to 6k power and adding in damage modifiers.