Warclaw in PvE

Yep warclaw is the wvw version of raptor so to not take away from the raptor it isn't as efficient in pve. Although eventually they will do the thing they claim to be working on as a dismount skill for mounts, then they will add a trick and trap, then after that they will also make it where you can only mount if you own the area. Even if something is working fine theres going to be that group of people who are going to complain until they get their way.

@sephiroth.4217 said:I think they should split mounts in WvW and PvE...

Mounts in PvE have 10k health, immunity to CC and so forth while the WvW versions have 1hp.

once that is done... add in all mounts to WvW and boost Warclaw for PvE to be more relevant.

Mounts in PvE doesnt have 10K hp and they dont need it either. Such split is meaningless. Only the springer reach that (lacking 40hp or whatever it is). Most have 6-8K.

Which is still what makes the whole warclaw situation so, so very stupid. Why it doesnt have 5932 hp like most PvE mounts in order to make more people accept it in WvW is an utterly baffling decision by Anet. It could be patched in a second.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Mounts in PvE have 10k health, immunity to CC and so forth while the WvW versions have 1hp.

once that is done... add in all mounts to WvW and boost Warclaw for PvE to be more relevant.

Mounts in PvE doesnt have 10K hp and they dont need it either. Such split is meaningless. Only the springer reach that (lacking 40hp or whatever it is). Most have 6-8K.

Which is still what makes the whole warclaw situation so, so very stupid. Why it doesnt have 5932 hp
like most PvE mounts
in order to make more people accept it in WvW is an utterly
baffling
decision by Anet. It could be patched in a second.

im not saying they do... Im saying they can... they can have Warclaw in all its glory, good HP, immunity to CC and so forth, buff it for lolz for all I care but it should have been kept seperate from WvW.

Um now, all WvW maps would need a serious overhaul just from the Raptor and Springer being able to enter nearly every Keep/Tower in WvW.

Having a mount made specifically for WvW was not a bad thing. As for mount health in PvE it varies depending on masteries and runes your character is wearing. The Skyscale has a very low health pool even with full masteries.

• 5 months later...

@Lilyanna.9361 said:Stop freaking wanting everything from other gamemodes.

You PVErs get EVERYTHING, let us have the one mount that isn't complained about on the forums because of the 'grind' or it's 'too hard and I have a life' argument.

Is that really needed? When we buy GW2 we don't chose between Gw2 PvE, Gw2 PvP and Gw2 WvW, it is one game, it's not like if the ''PvErs'' get everything and you don't, you are no prohibited from playing other modes, PvE is the main focus of the game, but WvW and PvP are other ways to play it, i'm main PvE but i also enjoy playing WvW and PvP. Why should it bother you so much that we are asking to have it on both gamemodes? You won't lose anything if the warclaw gains a 3rd endurance bar on PvE, the glider was meant for better mobility in the magumma jungles and it is now on WvW with the same abilities as PvE but instead of using masteries you use WvW perks to unlock them, why would it be so horrible to do the same with the warclaw?

@Teratus.2859 said:I'm fine with Warclaw as it is in PvE.

If there's one thing I would change though it's that I would make it so Warclaw is obtainable without expansions.It should be a core game mount imo and if it was it would put all WvW players on even ground if everyone could obtain it PoF or not.This would also allow the Warclaw to serve as a core game PvE mount for those without PoF who've unlocked it.

This would also be a great way to give those without PoF some good incentive to buy PoF to get the upgraded, faster mounts, as well as also being a huge incentive for new players to try WvW.Plus it also helps diminish's the mobility difference people in both WvW and PvE experience if they don't have access to mounts.God knows how many times i've seen newer players struggling to catch zergs, events and champs etc because they just can't compete with the horde of Raptors/Warclaws flying past them, at least with access to a Warclaw they could improve their chances at getting there in time in both game modes.

Anet is wasting this opportunity to sell more copies of PoF and get more people interested in trying WvW if you ask me.

You have a excellent point. When i call friends to try out the free version of GW2 they see everyone mounting up raptors and stuff and they feel like this is not for them, like GW2 is a pay-to-win game and after all these DLCs with exclusive mounts, masteries and Revenant, i can't deny, especially in WvW if you don't have a mount you can be easily picked or not being able to follow a group and being picked again, and in PvE you'll lose your group and be excluded from event chains and stuff. Having that little taste of what a mount could be would make them a lot more eager to buy the DLCs than knowing they must pay at least $30 to find out if they'll enjoy it or not.