How do you feel about the imminent balance patch, and why?

Poelala.2830

Imagine owning a business and buying a piece of software that only got updated/patched for problems a couple times a year...then...imagine that those small/slow patches had lots of errors and needed hotfixing constantly...now...imagine that software company saying that those previous patches really didn't solve the problems, so they are doing a massive patch, but expect the same things experienced with previous patches...only worse.

I understand game developers get more leeway than business software, but the ridiculousness of STILL having to patch a piece of software out for several years AND the patch will inevitably cause issues they cant foresee is unfathomable under any metric for competency.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my biggest issue with any Anet balance patch. They get what they want to be done with the game ( am OK with that). But we get screwed.

What I mean by that is I have a few account and lots of builds which patches break and again that is OK too)What is not OK is that they usually cost me gold to get them playable again competitively in WVW. I should not have to pay for Anets constant changes.Some games like Star Treck Onlne give you a re-spec token to fix an issue that the balance pass causes.

I understand that Anet needs to balance the game for competitive play, but it should not cost me for them to do it.

*Note The scientific way to fix a problem is not to make tons of changes. But few at a time. and see how they interact.

@Alin.2468 said:

@"Dave.6819" said:Balance? .. Meh

This is perfectly put. Whatever will be, will be. After 7 years of the same PvP, mechanics and maps, I can't care how it will be balanced anymore.. Been there, done that (PvP version); maybe I shall continue completing dailies from PvP, or maybe not. Let them play solo.

Yea... By "meh" i meant basically "whatever.. not really expecting anythin anymore". After so many years of trying to keep hope alive and being patient.. now i'm just "meh".. whatever. I'll still check patch notes though but i doubt it will change things drastically.

@Nether.9741 said:Here is my biggest issue with any Anet balance patch. They get what they want to be done with the game ( am OK with that). But we get screwed.

What I mean by that is I have a few account and lots of builds which patches break and again that is OK too)What is not OK is that they usually cost me gold to get them playable again competitively in WVW. I should not have to pay for Anets constant changes.Some games like Star Treck Onlne give you a re-spec token to fix an issue that the balance pass causes.

I understand that Anet needs to balance the game for competitive play, but it should not cost me for them to do it.

*Note The scientific way to fix a problem is not to make tons of changes. But few at a time. and see how they interact.

Your note is 100% correct, and well established in software engineering to boot, big changes breaks stuff, are out of date (I. E based on game state that is months old) and allow 0 capability to react quickly to emerging issues.

stealth now only disappears after killall cloth classes now have less dps than heavy and medium armoredall cloth classes still have worse movement skill than heavy and medium armoredintroducing new uncleanseable cripple dotsall guardian skills now interrupt, stun, push or pull with burning dots applied

I hope, if anything, this patch will get rid of any bots. Had one stuck in spawn area just now that was bugged. Ran to the wall next to the exit, then just ran along the wall, until it would turn and run back to the wall right next to the exit and just kept running that loop. Reported the player for botting, but I doubt anything will come of it.