Few questions about tank/support mesmer in 2020

Loules.8601

I returned to play GW2 recently, before that I played at the very start of the game. Created a new mesmer and decided to look for an interesting (for me) PvE build.Interested in the Chronomancer, or rather its support build (Diviner items I think) and the build of the tank - through the Minstrel items.But a friend who is now playing, said that support-Mesmer and even more so tank-Mesmer - not playable now (after nerfs) and there is better optionsBut I was still very interested in the minstrel build, as it looks very interesting and unusual: I played as tank-main in most MMO's or prefer supports, in most cases.Question: do Mesmer tanks/supports play in fractals/raids, and if they do, in which set of equipment?Especially interested in: is it relevant to now building through Minstrel? Yes, I understand that sometimes it may be unnecessary (as saw in some topic "it's overkill" for many activities), but I am interested in its overall usefulness. Can I play with it in raids and fractals, even if my damage will be near zero with it? Or no-one will take me in random group for low/middle-level fractals and raids?

P.S. For the open world and similar activities I have a Mirage build, so I would like to diversify it with a strong supporting build specifically for hard-activities. So having in theory low-damage build (one of) - isn't problem for overall game.

Thank you in advance for your response ^_^

@Loules.8601 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:supp chrono ( that also is a tank ) is strong and meta for raids.for fractals chrono is kinda bad, fb+rene is better for it.

Thank you for the answerAnd can I play with minstrel stats or only stats with more damage - like diviner?

you propably can, but support tank chrono can do some reasonable dps. you would lose that.but its nothing that would make the pick bad. just that you survive off dodging/blocking attacks so extra toughtness is not needed if you do that properly.you would be fine