Can we get back old chaotic interruption?

Genesis.5169

Been gone for awhile i have no idea why it got nerfed the trait surived two expansion so i have no idea after two expansions it gets nerfed (what did it suddenly become op)? and as far as what i can tell this is a recent change. Its clear mesmers do not want it and chaotic interruption was accepted for the vanilla launch all of HoTs and what looks to be all of PoF since were in a new living world.

@Genesis.5169 said:Been gone for awhile i have no idea why it got nerfed the trait surived two expansion so i have no idea after two expansions it gets nerfed (what did it suddenly become op)? and as far as what i can tell this is a recent change. Its clear mesmers do not want it and chaotic interruption was accepted for the vanilla launch all of HoTs and what looks to be all of PoF since were in a new living world.

It needed ICD, now it has one. its on permanent cooldown.Not gonna lie, old CI was proper cancer alright, but straight up removing the trait and putting garbage in its place is not the right way to fix things.

The old Chaotic Interruption was so much fun and was the only interrupt trait on Mesmer that ever felt impactful and worth the commitment to a interrupt playstyle in a game without cast bars and mostly very small cast times (obviously old Mistrust too RIP). I don't think the lower end of the PvP community could really cope with it though when it saw widespread use (even though it had clear and easy to understand counters and limitations) so it had to be expunged. The same thing is occuring with Pistol Whip on Thief currently, with lots of people unable to cope, so it's likely going to be hit hard.

The trait that replaced Chaotic Interruption is basically just a placeholder. I honestly couldn't think of a more uninteresting and irrelevant trait to take in this game. It's so boring.

@"Simonoly.4352" said:The old Chaotic Interruption was so much fun and was the only interrupt trait on Mesmer that ever felt impactful and worth the commitment to a interrupt playstyle in a game without cast bars and mostly very small cast times (obviously old Mistrust too RIP). I don't think the lower end of the PvP community could really cope with it though when it saw widespread use (even though it had clear and easy to understand counters and limitations) so it had to be expunged. The same thing is occuring with Pistol Whip on Thief currently, with lots of people unable to cope, so it's likely going to be hit hard.When I remember the old times I feel so nostalgic.Deleted my wall and to keep it short:tldr - Core. autoprocs saving you from dying, autoprocs on being CC'd. Everyone took stability skills (and they lasted rly long, balanced stance 8s for an example). Mantra of distraction wasnt powercrept. CI is useless garbage (too much defense to go through with useless chaos that offer nothing)HoT. "Rise of the powecreep". It had no place in there because BD always was superior, always had value from it and essential for hybrid side noder (simply couldnt exist without it, it was the best build we had). No chances in this power creep for CI to be used, you would get erased by meta.PoF. "The downfall". Skipping to the moment of cmirage with it. Why its so good with cmirage?(chrono with it was dumb too but thankfully non popular).BD was gutted and 1s of stability is negligible. Now evasion is the best way to survive and vigor is important as oxygen for mirage (evades+ambushes). BD provide vigor but so CI is(with abit of rng) but with massive might stacks on top.What we have in the end - sustain through protection and evades (covered lack of vigor with CI), mightstacks, powercrept MoD (low cd, long daze) and super strong condi ambushes and pour on it 3s immob with condi duration.What CI does mean for power ? Mostly - lack of damage, pretty much on all stages of the game. Its easy to shut down and play against mesmer with CI rather extremely long stealth and no tells PU (that allows himself to drop MoD for MoP and go for full zerk).! What actually happened with MESMER? One single thing being gutted/deleted beacuse its happen to be too strong with 1 of specs. Simple example for you - mirror in dueling (with mirage). Phantasms on chrono (chronophantasma). Power block (hello 3s icd cooldown). BD with chrono(not anymore since chrono is dead). "MC is too long, lets gut all vigor traits and Blurred Frenzy !111". CI -is just deleted - too strong with condo mirage. Staff is used by cmirage, still? Trash it. Melee blind shatter - some streamer was screaming too loud.! > The trait that replaced Chaotic Interruption is basically just a placeholder. I honestly couldn't think of a more uninteresting and irrelevant trait to take in this game. It's so boring.Could be deleted and we will not see the difference (which been said) - you dont see the difference with this trait being there or not :joy:

Combination of Mesmers having alot of access to dazes and a skill which basically always gave a boon to yu and always immobilized the target was too oppressive.

It needed a hardcore ICD because that chain daze and immobilize is just pure cancer to play against.

And as yu know, Immobilize is the most dangerous condition in PvP, because locking an enemy out of dodge rolling or moving altogether opens them up for the entire neighbourhood to slap their bumcheeks.