Trailer for Episode 2 released

Wooden Potatoes analysis is now here if anyone is interested by his works.

Also after reading the news page, I'm happy to see new guild hall decos added and /shiver emote coming. Awesome(hmmmmm So it was those 4 under construction icons? Guess it will be the shrines then)

I really like that place: https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/649a66.jpg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@SunTzu.4513 said:Like the trailer. Overall i'm personally pretty satisfied with the actual LS. Not a great Braham fan at all but he has gone trough quite some kind of charakter development, so it would be okayish for me if he got a leadspot in the storytelling.

Yes, if it's LS we're talking about we're fine so far. Problem is this is a saga with supposed expansion level content. So far i see LS level content and even there not fully, as previous LS seasons did introduce some world-wide stays like legendary weapons, fractals, raid wings, two mounts (roller beetle and skyscale) and two new gear stat sets - Seraph and Plaguedoctor.

I will give saga that their release cadence is on schedule and faster then LS - 2 months between episodes. But i would like to see it prove the big talk of saga being superior to Living Story season. This is gonna be 3rd episode, so i say it's about time a-net got done with warmups and landed a solid punch to make our jaws drop...

Having a hard time getting into these recent living story's. Just by the time it starts to draw me in the episode ends. I really want to like these episodes as I love reading norse mythology related subjects. But just can not for the life of me get into it due to their shortness.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I had a feeling those would be portals.

Also looks like with the T3 set, you’ll probably need to have unlocked the skin for the T2 if they follow the sane format as existing sets. Looks like all of my eitrite ingots will have value again.

Hopefully, and for Eternal Ice too. Going to explode if the game kept introducing new currency with every new episode.

@Ultramex.1506 said:Well! Look like Female Charr will actually get Female version of Raven armorAnd they’re even advertising a female outfit on female Charr. A huge improvement. :heart:The game’s design would have been so much better (and unique), if Charr and Asura had male and female armour sets and outfits right from the very start.

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:looking forward to seeing how drakkar fairs. If the trailer is hinting at braham becoming more of what ppl feel lacks from gw2 norm then thats a plus on my book and the weapon set looks nice.

Also, Thats not drakkar, drakkar looks nothing like that. It a cool looking boss ill give you that but thats not drakkar.

I noticed that Drakkar has a bunch of green energy, much like the aberrant, which is the same kind of energy as the Bone-skinner. This could explain why the Drakkar looks different then his older model. Drakkar is semi transformed into an aquatic Bone Skinner like entity potentially, which is suppose be like a corrupted wolverine spirit energy.

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

@SunTzu.4513 said:Like the trailer. Overall i'm personally pretty satisfied with the actual LS. Not a great Braham fan at all but he has gone trough quite some kind of charakter development, so it would be okayish for me if he got a leadspot in the storytelling.

Yes, if it's LS we're talking about we're fine so far. Problem is this is a saga with supposed expansion level content. So far i see LS level content and even there not fully, as previous LS seasons did introduce some world-wide stays like legendary weapons, fractals, raid wings, two mounts (roller beetle and skyscale) and two new gear stat sets - Seraph and Plaguedoctor.

I will give saga that their release cadence is on schedule and faster then LS - 2 months between episodes. But i would like to see it prove the big talk of saga being superior to Living Story season. This is gonna be 3rd episode, so i say it's about time a-net got done with warmups and landed a solid punch to make our jaws drop...

Yeah have to agree with this. But honestly i write those things off for me. I play for years now and for myself i decide to get never hyped again or hope for more than the bare minimum to get out of the announcment from ANet. Sure i love the game to death dispite all it's flaws, ongoing problems and i'm surly will play it till the server will shut down, but for me ANet tended to not get the kind of stuff out wich i expected with their anouncments.Hopefully we will get some new Elitespecs at least. But at the moment i would even be happy of they just give every spec a new weapon option. But time will tell.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@XatraZaytrax.2601 said:I think it's just you

Do GW2 players really just accept this as exciting content announcements? I'm not talking to if what's actually in the update is good, haven't played it so I cant speak to it, just the trailer. Compared with other games this just seems like a saltine cracker. Like, I can eat it but I'm not going to be excited about it. Its like the kind of content I would expect from a regular update in other games as apposed to what amounts to a DLC-ish release. Idk man, saltine crackering me here.

More content than ESO. There are just some players that have unrealistic expectations for the amount of content and/or hoping for content in areas of the game that they play.

Dunno about ESO and do not care.

How the fuck is expecting more than 4-5 chapters of story in a year, 2.5 years after last expansion, fucking unrealistic?!

Not to mention last map was small and mediocre, and the story was also short and poor.

Again, my expectations are very low, yet I feel that somehow Anet will still disappoint.

@EagleDelta.4726 said:

@"Zexanima.7851" said:

What I want? New gameplay mechanics, profession changes (it doesn't have to be especs, but some kind of additions), unique masteries that are not just "keys" to chests/portals.

Software Dev here - you can't get brand new things every release. It would leave no time for anything else and would create the content and feature wastelands that most MMOs have today (WoW Garrisons, Class Halls, Ancient Weapons, etc). A ton of dev work is also
never, ever
seen by the users/players themselves as it's things behind the scenes:
  • Critical Bug fixes that they identify during development and fix before players have to run into them.
  • Testing to try and find more bugs that they don't know about yet.
  • Foundation for future content, features, mechanics.
  • Non-functional changes (I.E. changes that don't actually change anything, but just clean up or simplify existing code)
  • And much more..... in addition to the content itself (Instances, Achievement "Quests", Map content, etc).

What I see people wanting all the time:
  1. New Raids
  2. New + Longer Story/Map content
  3. New unique Masteries
  4. New Mechanics
  5. New Fractals
  6. Existing content to
    not
    be made obsolete by new content
  7. Profession Changes/Elite Specs
  8. Stabilization of Engine/move to DX12/Vulkan

Problem is that
  • 4 conflicts with both #6 and #7
  • 3 conflicts with #6
  • 1 and #5 don't conflict but aren't necessarily in tandem with #2
  • 8 is such a monumental task that it conflicts with them all.

Basically there are
    things up there (no counting WvW and PvP)..... pick
    of them and compare them with the other thousands to millions of active players.... how many of us share the same content priorities. (This is a common saying in Software Dev/Systems Admin: "You want faster, cheaper, and secure? You can only have 2")

Point is, they prioritize work based on the data they have about players combined with the direction they want to take the game. They have far more data about what players want/do than any of us ever will. Just because there's a vocal group online, doesn't mean the entire game is falling over.

As an aside, I'm not too keen on brand new mechanics anyway. Why would I
want
to NOT play my profession just to mess with some shiny mechanic that will only be around for a 1-2 maps.

Software dev here too, i imagine there are many of us poor souls in this game. All i’m asking is for the expansion level content they said this would be. Most of all i want profession changes of some kind. When referring to ‘mechanics’ i was mostly talking to professions and masteries. The new masteries? Your telling me that’s the best that could be done? Code wise they are as simple a thing you could do. I realize it being an mmo adds lots of complexity but i could whip up the ‘masteries’ in an afternoon in some engine like unity. Not to mention design wise how not creative they are. When all you do is follow data in what is a good part a creative process you end up with skinner box mobile games. I suppose I might be asking too much, all hail capitalism after all.

@Eramonster.2718 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I had a feeling those would be portals.

Also looks like with the T3 set, you’ll probably need to have unlocked the skin for the T2 if they follow the sane format as existing sets. Looks like all of my eitrite ingots will have value again.

Hopefully, and for Eternal Ice too. Going to explode if the game kept introducing new currency with every new episode.

And the chilies. Oh gods the chilies . . .

@"Ultramex.1506" said:Well! Look like Female Charr will actually get Female version of Raven armorAnd World Boss? Never thought i would heard those 2 words again

Let's wait and see, without hoping too much. It may be very possible that this World Boss according to ANet to be in fact the strike boss. It is a little unusual for the last years =). The last boss we had being very close to the name of "World Boss" was Mordremoth in DS. And maybe, the Chack Gerent can be included in the World Boss league.

Interesting way of making Braham to (re)gain the trust and consideration of the Norns. I was sure this will happen, he was not destined to wear the label of "idiot child of a great Legend". I expected something related with his bow - but no mater how strong you are, you cannot kill a dragon large as a mountain with an arrow (in the knee). It's like trying to kill an elephant by stabbing it with a toothpick. So, I expected a kind of ballista designed by Gorik having the bow embedded in the structure. And shooting tree trunks as arrows.

The actual way can be more interesting - Braham wll not only defeat Jormag, he will be the vessel for the "destroyed" Great Spirits. Maybe this is the point where the Spirits will reform from the "destroyed" state they are now?

Not a fan of weapons or armors. It is a good add-on for the weapon/armor skin addicted. Or for the AP achievers.

Conclusion - not bad if the episode will be at the trailer level. Still, don't put your hopes in the World Boss until we will not meet it in battle. It may be a strike "World Boss".

@"hugo.4705" said:

Wooden Potatoes analysis is now here if anyone is interested by his works.

Also after reading the news page, I'm happy to see new guild hall decos added and /shiver emote coming. Awesome(hmmmmm So it was those 4 under construction icons? Guess it will be the shrines then)

I really like that place: https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/649a66.jpg

Why would we care what someone else thinks?

@"Zexanima.7851" said:Am I watching the same trailer as other people? This just looks really bland to me. It's like I'm watching people get excited over saltine crackers. I'm not saying anything to the actual content, but the trailer leaves me feeling like "It looks 'okay' I guess..."

It depends on whether I'm getting salted or unsalted saltine crackers. To me this trailer makes the episode look salted. I'll take your unsalted crackers if you aren't going to eat them though.

• 2 weeks later...

@"hugo.4705" said:hIpkBdp.jpg

The map is surely that big. We saw the Wolf Spirit Shrine in the trailer, Drakkar too in addition of dwarven ruins. For the other things we will see.

I fell through the map and travelled the west,north,south borders.

SPOILER_bjora-map-20200126.png

Its a little less to the west but otherwise your estimations are quite right.