New Elites Suggestion

The developers can think on the following options as new elites, if any new expansion is planned.

1. Ranger: To use Rifle. It will be a true meaning to a Ranger using LB and Rifle with the elite having strong dps from ranger but reduced defense for a close combat
  2. Necro: Dual Sword as a Condition DPS spec or Sword/Shield/Trident as a DPS/Tank spec with toughness
  3. Engineer: Dual Sword as a heavy power dps spec or Sword/Pistol as a Healing spec
  4. Warrior: Sword/Shield/Trident or a Great Axe full tank spec offering protection to the squad
  5. Thief: LB based heavy condition/power build as a glass cannon
  6. Revenant: Greatsword or Great Axe using Power DPS or Tank offering boons to the squad
  7. Mesmer: Dagger and Warhorn using Healing spec or Dual Dagger using Power DPS spec
  8. Elementalist: Heavy condition dps spec but with stability using dual Mace or Mace and Axe

Please discuss.

-Well, would prefer staff/scepter eventually shortbow for Engineer. Too much Close combat weapons currently (apart rifle). Something more related to a golemancer or inventions... Or throwing flasks or modified arrows with the bow... Better to unlock a new weapon.

-Would like to see elementalist using elemental bullets or magic infused projectiles so Rifle/ Longbow. Could be healer, condi, support or power depending on the element chosen. (would not replace current power/condis build, would be more like a vanguard helping them) Maybe axe yeah, but mace... I'm thinking about the cooldown and the easiness to use the weapon. To much recharge time and delay I guess for mace. Axe can swing rapidly.

I don't really get the thing of putting sword everywhere. There are weapons currently that are really meh like rifle globally. (Engie one depend on the fact you are holo, for deadeye better to be daggers, and well warrior one is a toy) Dunno about shortbow, but overall they feels weak.

Axe is generally a good weapon, dagger and greatsword too. Longbow is special, DH is meh but ranger is nice. Instead of using the weapons you know are strong, maybe they should revamp/fix the weak ones and use them. I find swords and warhorn underwhelming too. (apart for weaver/guardian) If I remember warhorn is used in supports. Have to retake a look on meta battle.

-Not convinced for ranger and necro. Warrior and thief: yes why not but no glass. Good idea for revenant. Mesmer, well I don't play it, dunno.

And for guardian, the class you forgot, why not warhorn?

@"Eagelseye.6312" said:The developers can think on the following options as new elites, if any new expansion is planned.

1. Thief: LB based heavy condition/power build as a glass cannon

Nope. Enough of glass cannon. We need a decent 1v1 brawler spec that community won't hate and it won't rely on stealth anymore but on real defensive skills like other classes. Also that it would bring some real support and usefulness for your team not only DPS and +1. Staff/Daredevil was a chance for that but it didn't happen sadly.. So idk what kind of weap would Thief get. A Focus/Warhorn/Shield i suppose. Pls no more range LBs and Rifles.. Deadeye was not a spec that most thief players wanted.

I'd be pretty happy seeing a lot more classes get rifle. There's been some ideas tossed around for Elementalist getting an "arcane marksman" type spec, with rifle as the weapon and heavily focusing on single target power burst moves.

I think necromancer getting a vampire-type spec with sword mainhand would be really really cool.

Main hand pistol on mesmer with a sort of spell-slinger type spec could be interesting. Mesmer already has some pretty awesome mobility, that could be something that is capitalized on.

But mostly, I would just be thrilled seeing more classes get the weapons that are heavily neglected. Namely Rifle, shortbow and mace. That being said, at this point I find it extremely unlikely we will see any more elite specs.

@"chaosdurza.3291" said:I'd be pretty happy seeing a lot more classes get rifle. There's been some ideas tossed around for Elementalist getting an "arcane marksman" type spec, with rifle as the weapon and heavily focusing on single target power burst moves.

I think necromancer getting a vampire-type spec with sword mainhand would be really really cool.

Main hand pistol on mesmer with a sort of spell-slinger type spec could be interesting. Mesmer already has some pretty awesome mobility, that could be something that is capitalized on.

But mostly, I would just be thrilled seeing more classes get the weapons that are heavily neglected. Namely Rifle, shortbow and mace. That being said, at this point I find it extremely unlikely we will see any more elite specs.

You forgot longbow and pistol with the neglected ones its 3 for pistol same as mace and 2+1 for longbow same as rifle and shortbow.

There is a reason range weapons are not wanted by players tho, since range by definition have to make less damage the melee in most cases.

Definitely could use more Rifle, Longbow, and Mace users, but consider these:

Thief: Wielding the Mace/Dual Maces as a sap, the evasive, dodgy Thief breaks from it's traditional damage roles to become a CC monster.Thief, alt: Using shadow arts to make the surface of the Shield a pure mirror, the Thief takes up a defensive role, with quick counters and damage reflections.Engineer: Taking up the relatively primitive Longbow, Engineers use customized arrows and tracking missiles to create extremely difficult terrain for enemies.Ranger: Picking up the musketoon Rifle, the Ranger takes their time and focus to inflict massive spikes of damage and conditions on enemies in a single, powerful shot.Ranger, alt: Hammer at the ready, the "Bunny Thumper" Ranger returns with long stuns and vaulting Leaps, using it's momentum for more damage and area control.Warrior: With Scepter and Focus in hand, the Warrior sends forth the spirit of pure rage to absorb damage, buff allies, and Blast enemies. ("Kaioken!")Necromancer: Channeling the spirit of Death through their Pistols, the Necromancer spikes down single targets and punishes tight formations with toxic explosions.Elementalist: The heavy Hammer acts as an ideal focus for PBAoE spells, trading range for raw power, or smacking enemies around as a shillelagh.Elementalist, alt: The pinpoint precision of the Longbow lets our Ele's pierce defenses and cast spells inside a single enemy!

@"Trise.2865" said:Definitely could use more Rifle, Longbow, and Mace users, but consider these:

Thief: Wielding the Mace/Dual Maces as a sap, the evasive, dodgy Thief breaks from it's traditional damage roles to become a CC monster.Thief, alt: Using shadow arts to make the surface of the Shield a pure mirror, the Thief takes up a defensive role, with quick counters and damage reflections.Engineer: Taking up the relatively primitive Longbow, Engineers use customized arrows and tracking missiles to create extremely difficult terrain for enemies.Ranger: Picking up the musketoon Rifle, the Ranger takes their time and focus to inflict massive spikes of damage and conditions on enemies in a single, powerful shot.Ranger, alt: Hammer at the ready, the "Bunny Thumper" Ranger returns with long stuns and vaulting Leaps, using it's momentum for more damage and area control.Warrior: With Scepter and Focus in hand, the Warrior sends forth the spirit of pure rage to absorb damage, buff allies, and Blast enemies. ("Kaioken!")Necromancer: Channeling the spirit of Death through their Pistols, the Necromancer spikes down single targets and punishes tight formations with toxic explosions.Elementalist: The heavy Hammer acts as an ideal focus for PBAoE spells, trading range for raw power, or smacking enemies around as a shillelagh.Elementalist, alt: The pinpoint precision of the Longbow lets our Ele's pierce defenses and cast spells inside a single enemy!

Like a lot your ideas. Better than op suggestions about many points. Would be very interesting to see that fleshed out.

You forgot guardian.

Do not give Elementalist another melee weapon, ever. It's the one and only profession that is completely locked in melee range when using a melee weapon, without weapon swap in combat and with their conjures being useless for prolonged fights. Engineers also cannot weapon swap but at least they can use reliable kits to get ranged attacks. So a big no from me for any suggestion for Elementalist elite that uses melee range weapon, unless it comes with a useful swap mechanic as elite spec mechanic.

I'd prefer a Rifle or Longbow for maximum Range fast attacks for the next Elementalist spec. It will be filling a build type that no other Elementalist build can at the moment, because the max range Elementalist weapon is the Staff but it is very very slow. I'm leaning towards Rifle over Longbow, because it would be nice to have a skill that looks like Prime Light Beam of Holosmith, a large Elemental beam attack. Also, I want a weapon with cleave potential, but not reliance on area of effect (that's the Staff) so a Rifle would fit better.

Ranger:Yes, please.

Engineer:No, I want something that would be actually good for ranged gameplay. Currently even rifle isn't usable as a ranged weapon, because the highest damage skill is a charge skill. And neither is pistol, because the highest damage skill has just 600 range and does more damage the closer you are to the target. And the damage from the ranged toolkits (grenades, mortars) is a joke if you use them as a main weapon.

Alternatively it would be cool if there was a proper tank spec that doesn't at the same time mutilate the char by reducing one of the most important tank stats as is the case with scrapper. Maybe a spec with a power armor elite skill that works as a toolkit? That would be absolutely perfect for an engineer.

Thief:All the thief actually lacks in terms of ranged gameplay is a bit of cleave and movement. Making one of the passives of deadeye add piercing to the bullets, and making not kneeling less of a penalty would make for a perfect ranged spec that would actually be usable for more than golem bashing in the training area. And for a proper melee spec, all that needs to change is the uncontrollable movement of the char towards random targets when you use the staff skill 2. Beyond that, I can't think of anything that the thief is missing, so I don't really care about a new spec if these changes are made.

Other classes I haven't played enough to have an informed opinion on, so I'll refrain from commenting on them. I'll just say that it's ok if new specs do not add new weapons, and instead focus on a core weapon, but make it actually competitive.

I like the Ranger idea for Rifle, make it more DPS focused (even name it something like Poacher, or something). Greatsword Rev would be nice too, also a bit more Power dps based rather than a support like Herald. Staff Engineer as a Golemancer is neat, I want that, please. Dagger Mesmer could be neat, but I'd see it more akin to Mirage, in being it might be more assassin-like, or something to further manipulate your Phantasms?.

• Guardians can't use sword offhand, right? Give them that, if not, then give them a Dagger I guess, call it Gladiator, idk...
  • Thief is already a glass cannon no matter what spec you play as (maybe not much if you do marauder Daredevil), but I'd like to see a Ninja variant of Thief in Gw2, using maybe Mantras or Glyphs as Ninjitsus or as unique skills to that spec. Maybe give them a Focus for that.
  • Elementalist is a bit of an iffy one considering they can already summon certain weapons with their own kits, although restricted to specific elements. So say a Greatsword, Shortbow, Hammer, Axe and Shield, would have to offer skillsets unique from their Conjured variants. Also, how are they still not able to use a Torch??? That could be neat, imagine wielding a torch you can summon Air, Water and so on from!
  • Necro, idk personally, I guess a Sword mainhand could be neat. Bring forth the Alucard Necro from netflix Castlevania!
  • Warrior is a bit iffy, too. I did picture a Staff for them, but figured it might end up too similar to Daredevil, very physical beat-em-up based. But the Scepter idea mentioned could be something promising.

I am (im)patiently waiting for:

• Engineer: Torch
  • Ranger: Hammer (GW1 Bunnythumper reference)
  • Necromancer: Hammer (Archdiviner)
  • Elementalist: Torch (If Thorn can have a Torch of Mist, elementalists can too!)
  • Mesmer: Rifle
  • Thief: Off-hand sword
  • Warrior: Revamped Weapon Skills (cuz they have access to most weapons already, this would be a nice alternative)
  • Revenant: Rifle
  • Guardian: Off-hand Mace+/Sword

Don’t give ele a weapon it can already use as a summon. That would include hammer, axe, Bows (as the frost bow is a combo) nor greatsword.

Since Rodgort’s torch was effectively from a GW1 skill https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Rodgort%27s_Invocation

I would like to see Main Hand Torch.It would give ele something very distinctive as torch is considered an off hand weapon.

In fact, they could use some of the aspects from the GW1 skill with some mid range capability afforded it.

Elementalist is in an interesting position where giving it a new weapon with skills for all 4 attunements, or giving it a new weapon with only 5 skills and 5 new skills for each core weapon results in the same amount of new weapon skills.

With this in mind, I've made the suggestion of creating an elite spec for the Ele that looses the access to their unique skills per attunement and gain weapon swap. It uses longbows for range while the other weapons become more melee oriented with a martial arts flavor. Attunements become fighting styles, giving your weapon skills special effects instead of new skills (like glyph of elemental power or arcane power).
You can use it as a monk, with unique fighting styles or as an arcane archer with imbued elemental arrows.

And, by having a new set of skills for core weapons, any skill imbalances that need to be adjusted won't cause a nerf to core or other specs.

@"Trise.2865" said:Definitely could use more Rifle, Longbow, and Mace users, but consider these:

This is even more interesting

any additional elite spec is minor update, and don't give any breath, and absolutely not needed.As thief I now have portals, cool blind well without any elite spec..Same wiht crhono, without any new elite spec I put my support on hold and swap on other class ..