What about buffing the Quartermaster?

Virdo.1540

Though the quartermaster is a military position the person is often effectively a non combatant. The job is more to provide the quarters (sleeping accommodations), food, clothing and other supplies for the troops. As such the combat skills in GW2 of the quartermaster seem to be appropriate and don't need to be changed. However, given that they are in charge of provisions and the like the LOOT of the quartermaster should definitely be increased!

In WvW the quartermaster served a vital function prior to HoT in that you had to purchase all upgrades for the camp, tower or keep from the quartermaster. However, since HoT they have lost their job and have grown quite despondent.

Able SentryFerguson's Crossing

The Quartermaster used to be necessary for buying upgrades for objectives, and requisitioning extra guards and such. Since that functionality was removed she's kinda just... There.

After all these years give her a set of Mistforged armour (she looks like a medium-armour-wearing-lady), and some additional functionality back rather than being a silly one-shot mob - if not that just give her some extra health, perhaps 1/4 of a Champion Tower Lord's health? She is the QUARTERmaster after all.

I definitely agree with what Able said above, additional loot would be nice since she's the one responsible for provisioning everything at that tower, including managing supply - an interesting idea would be she's similar to a Dolyak where you can get some supply by killing her, or she drops provisioner-level food and utilities to help newer players with maintaining buff uptime while giving veterans something to compost tool for ascended food extracts?

There's also the ancient urban legend that the objective won't upgrade if the Quartermaster's dead, but I have no idea how true that is.

Her purpose is to delay the capture of the objective by 1-2 seconds. /s

In all seriousness, as long as the Quartermaster is alive she should run to the walls and gates and repair them, revive dead allies, etc. Basically make her the "worker" that keeps everything going until the defenses collapse entirely.

In camps she could build supportive turrets, an Engineer archetype would fit her rather well I think.

@"Hannelore.8153" said:In camps she could build supportive turrets, an Engineer archetype would fit her rather well I think.Yes I can imagine there being turrets built that doesnt really do much outside of voicing their support every now and then:

"Good job!""Keep at it!""You got this!""Help is on the way!"

They'd be about as effective as your average engineer turret.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Hannelore.8153" said:In camps she could build supportive turrets, an Engineer archetype would fit her rather well I think.Yes I can imagine there being turrets built that doesnt really do much outside of voicing their support every now and then:

"Good job!"
"Keep at it!"
"You got this!"
"Help is on the way!"

They'd be about as effective as your average engineer turret.

A threeway fight in a camp must be emotionally devistating to that turret...

Its a turret Lation, comon

if they'd want to make it effective, make the quartermaster a thief or deadeye that snipes everything down, ez /s

but really, quartermaster buff is the least thing we should care about. it could get buffed in a general overhaul, which (and it shares this place with "battle balance") would be still far less needed than a general pairing/linking [alliance] system and ranking system overhaul for WvW.

@joneirikb.7506 said:Replace quartermaster with Siegerazor, he's quite pissed for losing his job siegeing and razing, so he decided to take a stint and get a stable job a quartermaster for a while, until there is a new opening for ripping things to shreds again.

Heck, april 1, replace all wvw guards with siegerazors.

Problem is, the quartermaster isnt a job anymore either, so it wouldnt change a thing. They are both useless, jobless hobos at that point.

@"Hannelore.8153" said:Her purpose is to delay the capture of the objective by 1-2 seconds. /s

In all seriousness, as long as the Quartermaster is alive she should run to the walls and gates and repair them, revive dead allies, etc. Basically make her the "worker" that keeps everything going until the defenses collapse entirely.

In camps she could build supportive turrets, an Engineer archetype would fit her rather well I think.

I forget. Didn't NPCs used to revive players in the past? Why did they get so lazy?

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

@"Hannelore.8153" said:Her purpose is to delay the capture of the objective by 1-2 seconds. /s

I forget. Didn't NPCs used to revive players in the past? Why did they get so lazy?

i think they only did in the edge of the mists

@Virdo.1540 said:

No veteran guards would definitely res you when out of combat. I hadn't realized it changed.

@LetoII.3782 said:

No veteran guards would definitely res you when out of combat. I hadn't realized it changed.

That would be a use for quartermasters.