It has to be cheese, no skill, monkey boarding.

Crab Fear.1624

@"Kuma.1503" said:OP sums up my general impression as a newcomer onto the PvP forums.

I come from the fighting game community, where there's an decade old mentality of "lol just adapt". If you died to an overpowered character, "lol should've learned the matchup". It's a mindset of constant learning and improving. Salt is still very much a way of life, but at the end of the day, those players are still encouraged to improve rather than blaming the game for their loss.

Here though, all I hear is "nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf" "this is Op, this takes no skill, it's spammy no brain gameplay, ect." I'm not saying these statements don't hold a grain of truth, but I see almost nothing in the way of information to help inexperienced players actually learn to deal with those classes. It's no wonder everyone just complains. When you fight something that you do not know the counterplay to, it feels unfair. When you learn how to beat it, the matchup can go from feeling unwinnable to feeling much more managable.

I myself thought mirage was the unbeatable king of 1v1. I had to search through pages of salty threads and meme comments just to learn that the counterplay to mirage is to watch your condi bar, LoS, abuse poor staff auto tracking, and burst them if they start spamming mirage cloak for dps.

Can you expand on 'poor staff auto tracking', lol, first I've heard about it

@Curennos.9307 said:

@"Kuma.1503" said:OP sums up my general impression as a newcomer onto the PvP forums.

I come from the fighting game community, where there's an decade old mentality of "lol just adapt". If you died to an overpowered character, "lol should've learned the matchup". It's a mindset of constant learning and improving. Salt is still very much a way of life, but at the end of the day, those players are still encouraged to improve rather than blaming the game for their loss.

Here though, all I hear is "nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf" "this is Op, this takes no skill, it's spammy no brain gameplay, ect." I'm not saying these statements don't hold a grain of truth, but I see almost nothing in the way of information to help inexperienced players actually learn to deal with those classes. It's no wonder everyone just complains. When you fight something that you do not know the counterplay to, it feels unfair. When you learn how to beat it, the matchup can go from feeling unwinnable to feeling much more managable.

I myself thought mirage was the unbeatable king of 1v1. I had to search through pages of salty threads and meme comments just to learn that the counterplay to mirage is to watch your condi bar, LoS, abuse poor staff auto tracking, and burst them if they start spamming mirage cloak for dps.

I feel like that staff and the throw boulder are like that technique from Wanted: curve the bullet.

That mess follows me around corners, under the park bench, and over the rainbow.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

I feel like that staff and the throw boulder are like that technique from Wanted: curve the bullet.

That mess follows me around corners, under the park bench, and over the rainbow.

This one time I used throw boulder at a guy running away on Eternal Colosseum at the dragon point. He was jumping on the boxes trying to get away towards the mid point and jumped off the top of the stack towards the slanted pillar. The boulder wasnt too far behind him as he lept and fell to the ground the boulder did this 90 degree plummet and smacked him for 10k downing him. It was a bucket of chuckles