Living world 3 or 4 for ascended viper trinkets?

Murshid.9854

Neither is faster, it just depends on the type of content you want to tackle.

But here's a few tips:

In LS4 you can only get Ascended, stat-selectable trinkets from two maps, Sandswept Isles and Dragonfall, and you need both, since they're Unique and you can't equip two of the same type, while in LS3 your options are spread out between many maps but most people go for Ember Bay (accessory), Bitterfrost Frontier (almost everything else), and either Bloodstone Fen or Draconis Mons for a 2nd ring.

Ascended trinkets:

• Blood Rubies: Amulet, backpiece, ring
  • Petrified Wood: Accessory, backpiece
  • Winterberries: Accessory, backpiece, breather, ring
  • Jade Shards: Amulet, backpiece
  • Fire Orchids: Amulet, ring
  • Orrian Pearls: Amulet (+backpiece with ~300k Karma)
  • Difflourite Crystals: Accessory, ring
  • Mistbourne Motes: Amulet, accessory, ring

Also, backpieces are available to get from LS4 but are much more difficult than LS3, requiring extensive collections involving doing many events around Tyria, some of which are difficult or even bugged, so better to just buy those in LS3 maps outright.

Furthermore, Volatile Magic is generally harder to get than Unbound Magic, but also more rewarding.

Overall, LS3 is probably the better choice, but its also harder to find players to help since its older content. Keep in mind that long-term, you can mix and match trinkets from both seasons and equip characters more easily.

Just do Bjora map, convert ice to another LS4 currency (can also consume kralkatorite for volatile magic). Dragonfall's Mistborn motes give accessory, amulet, ring. Sandswept has rings + accessory.

The only other comparable way is winterberries on multiple characters

Unless you're doing fractals you can just attune one ring ; that way you would only need one different accessory.

@Murshid.9854 said:Since I can't get tyem through laurels I will get them through living world but I don't know should I get the season 3 or 4?

You can also farm the homeinstance nodes once per day. If you only farm the 6 nodes of LS3 (and do nothing else), you could buy 5 ascended trinkets and one ascended backpiece within 60 days.

Because every node costs 50 gold and 10000 magic, I do not recommend that you purchase them yourself at the beginning. Just find a friend or someone from your guild that has them and farm them in his/her instance. Or look in the LFG-tool and in the map-chat of the 5 cities (not lions arch) where the home-instances are located - there are often players that let other players farm their home-instance.

If you go the the maps of S3 and S4 were the actually daily is, you will find more players. Bitterfrost is (most of the time) also popular, you can farm winterberries with several characters the same day. Bjora marches is also still populated (S5E2 will be released today and will extend the Bjora marches map, so it will be very populated with other players) and also the dragonfall map (on Dragonfall, do the map-meta with all events and afterwards the bonus-bosses with the zerg) is most of the time quite populated. In Bjora marches is a vendor for currency conversion and in dragonfall is a vendor for map currencies.

If you want the trinkets as fast as possible (and you have a lot of time) I would recommend to farm all of the home nodes and also doing farming/events/hearts/dailies on all season 3+4 maps and also on S5 map Bjora and don't forget to use the curency vendors every day.

And after a few days you will see which currencies/magic you get the fastest according to your own playstyle, and then focus only on the 5 trinkets and the backpiece where you get the currency the fastest. And it will be probably the fastest for your first set, if you combine the trinkets from S3/S4/S5.

If you have not unlocked S3 and S4 and you only want to buy/purchase S3 or S4, I would recommend S3.

have fun! :)

@"Infusion.7149" said:Just do Bjora map, convert ice to another LS4 currency (can also consume kralkatorite for volatile magic).

"Bright shore" (karma merchant in Bjora map) sells you also (after you finished the easy "Hunger"-achievement) an amulet for 124 ice shards and 56,000 karma. If you do the map-meta events this could be easily doable within 1-3 days. Maybe there will be a new vendor added with todays S5E2.