Game freezes at the end of ,,Small Victory Epilogue''

As the description says the game just freezes at the point the lightning start to appear and it looks like somethings is supposed to happen (cutscene maybe?) i don't know what because instead the game just freezes at that point and i have to force shut it down.Did anyone else encoutered similar issue or is there any possible solution?

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:There are possible solutions (for some). You can find them in the 'official' Dev-posted thread, "Storyline Disconnections".

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply,

i looked at the thread but it's all about random network disconects but my issue is more like a hard crash and it isn't random. It's exactly the same spot at the same time.Rytlock says ,,And so it begins'' 1...2..3 and the game is frozen. Not disconected but frozen.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Disconnect or crash, it may be the same issue.

Did you try any of the myriad of trouble-shooting tips?

Have you contacted the Tech CS Team via the 'Support' link?

I tried a few i found. Flushing DNS, changing ingame settings, minimizing the game and i left it frozen for a 15 minutes to see if it would unfroze by itself after some time.None of those helped. Game always freezes literally at the exact same millisecond every time.There are a few tips that require playing with some setting in router which i can't do at the moment. But later i should be alble to look at that as well.And i did created a ticket. No responce yet of course. It's too soon.But i really hope they will have some solution, because this is literally game breaking issue and can't be just left unfixed.

After getting in contact with the support i have managed to fix the issue. It seems i was suffering from one of the issues when the games launger won't download the game completely. I have noticead there are a few threads about the issue on the forums already.I have managed to fix the issue by running the launger with this comand line ''-assetsrv 54.84.216.160''With that the launcher finished downloading the last 10GB i was missing. Although much slower then my connection is capable. But it did work at least.The cutscene at the end of the prologue must have been among the missing files and when the game tried to play it it simply froze instead.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Ahh, well... Lol. You didn't mention you hadn't fully downloaded the game.

Glad it worked out for you.

It wasn't really on my mind because in the laucher it looked like most is done at least everything essential. It still looked like it's downloading something when i turned it on but the % never moved from zero and i naturaly thought if there is something missing it is going to stream while i'm playing and since i went through entire Path of Fire expansion content without a single issue until the very end it really didn't come to my mind that there is some serious error in the way my game downloaded.And yet there was.In fact the cinematic should have simply streamed as it was needed by the game, but instead it basically froze/crashed the game.

@daros.3407 said:After getting in contact with the support i have managed to fix the issue. It seems i was suffering from one of the issues when the games launger won't download the game completely. I have noticead there are a few threads about the issue on the forums already.I have managed to fix the issue by running the launger with this comand line ''-assetsrv 54.84.216.160''With that the launcher finished downloading the last 10GB i was missing. Although much slower then my connection is capable. But it did work at least.The cutscene at the end of the prologue must have been among the missing files and when the game tried to play it it simply froze instead.

Hi, i've the same problem where and how do i use the command on the launcher pls

@Wellan.6235 said:

@"daros.3407" said:After getting in contact with the support i have managed to fix the issue. It seems i was suffering from one of the issues when the games launger won't download the game completely. I have noticead there are a few threads about the issue on the forums already.I have managed to fix the issue by running the launger with this comand line ''-assetsrv 54.84.216.160''With that the launcher finished downloading the last 10GB i was missing. Although much slower then my connection is capable. But it did work at least.The cutscene at the end of the prologue must have been among the missing files and when the game tried to play it it simply froze instead.

Hi, i've the same problem where and how do i use the command on the launcher pls

Right click on your GW2 shortcut on your desktop then click on properties. You will se a Target line. Copy the command behind what's in the box. When you do it it will look similar to this:"C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" '-assetsrv 54.84.216.160

This is a thread where i found the solution. In case it doesn't work for you there are other possible solutions.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/94654/download-refuses-to-proceed-please-help#latest

@daros.3407 said:

@daros.3407 said:After getting in contact with the support i have managed to fix the issue. It seems i was suffering from one of the issues when the games launger won't download the game completely. I have noticead there are a few threads about the issue on the forums already.I have managed to fix the issue by running the launger with this comand line ''-assetsrv 54.84.216.160''With that the launcher finished downloading the last 10GB i was missing. Although much slower then my connection is capable. But it did work at least.The cutscene at the end of the prologue must have been among the missing files and when the game tried to play it it simply froze instead.

Right click on your GW2 shortcut on your desktop then click on properties. You will se a Target line. Copy the command behind what's in the box. When you do it it will look similar to this:"C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" '-assetsrv 54.84.216.160

This is a thread where i found the solution. In case it doesn't work for you there are other possible solutions.

The above example Command Line Argument is incorrect; it has a superfluous apostrophe. (Also, don't forget the space between .exe" and the preferred Argument.

Right click on GW2 Shortcut - click on Properties - click on 'Shortcut' if it doesn't open to that tab - add Command Line argument behind the executable with a space before the Argument.

Good luck.

@Wellan.6235 said:It's working thx for the help to both of you

No problem

The above example Command Line Argument is incorrect; it has a superfluous apostrophe. (Also, don't forget the space between .exe" and the preferred Argument.

Right click on GW2 Shortcut - click on Properties - click on 'Shortcut' if it doesn't open to that tab - add Command Line argument behind the executable with a space before the Argument.

Good luck.

Yeah that apostrophe shouldn't be there. I copied that line from two different sources and didn't noticed it.Just saying......nobody should copy the whole line i put here as an example. Especially if they don't know where their game is installed on their PC..