Nothing makes me as sad in GW2, as this....

Yasi.9065

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

@HardRider.2980 said:Nothing makes me as sad in GW2 as being forced to either play a profession you hate to play because pugs see a meta page and think that only those classes can do it and refuse to accept others outside of the meta /shrugs

The mentality and attitude of streamers toward the casuals pretty much bolsters that opinion.

Care to elaborate on what class you tried to bring vs what the lfg asked for on which encounter?

@Shikaru.7618 said:

@HardRider.2980 said:Nothing makes me as sad in GW2 as being forced to either play a profession you hate to play because pugs see a meta page and think that only those classes can do it and refuse to accept others outside of the meta /shrugs

The mentality and attitude of streamers toward the casuals pretty much bolsters that opinion.

Care to elaborate on what class you tried to bring vs what the lfg asked for on which encounter?

You might want to reply to HardRider directly since I was addressing streamer elitists.

@"sigur.9453" said:I think op is sad every week after clearing each boss once. Because there is no intuitive(? F my English) to do them again.I believe the word you are looking for is "incentive".

To the OP: I'm not a fan of raids or group content in this game because of the way the combat system is but I'm not sure what it is that makes you sad. Is it the lack of raid content to do in a week? If so, this game wasn't even meant to have raids originally but they came and have a limited scope that some people like but most players probably never even touch. So if raiding is your thing this game is really not the best game. It's almost driving a car and complaining it sinks when it goes into water. It's not a boat.

So consider raids in this game as some inflatable cushions that make the car float that they aded later, so you can go into the water now but it's still not a boat, if you get my meaning.

@Yasi.9065 said:Every week, this image makes me incredibly sad and leaves me feeling empty....snipThis and the fact that there is no easymode/hardmode to raids and strike missions.... it just smushes me.

^ They did explain it. Basically, the image is of them having done all the raids for the week. That would imply they are frustrated that they haven't had any new content around raids for a while and they have very poor replay-ability after you do the weekly ones. I gather that they want more raid like content and for that content to be challenging.

@Catilleon.9258 said:Am I the only one whose annoyed that the original poster never explained what their point was? It's someone imageposting an obscure meme, you can't just leave it at that.

Raiding was force fit into a game where they really don't (and never will) work in a misguided attempt to attract a new kind of player.

We are now seeing the result of that bad decision - they cant commit the resources to put them out fast enough to suit hardcore raiders and, as they stand now, they have almost zero appeal to the more casual players. They are suspended in this weird limbo with Anet having to make some really tough decisions.

I think Strike Missions are an attempt to fix that, but they aren't really working the way the devs wanted them to.

At this point, the best thing they can do is focus on the content they are actually very good at making (open world).

Just my opinion.

@Blaeys.3102 said:Raiding was force fit into a game where they really don't (and never will) work in a misguided attempt to attract a new kind of player.

We are now seeing the result of that bad decision - they cant commit the resources to put them out fast enough to suit hardcore raiders and, as they stand now, they have almost zero appeal to the more casual players. They are suspended in this weird limbo with Anet having to make some really tough decisions.

I think Strike Missions are an attempt to fix that, but they aren't really working the way the devs wanted them to.

At this point, the best thing they can do is focus on the content they are actually very good at making (open world).

Just my opinion.

Are we sure that's even what they are good at making anymore? Isn't the team almost completely different people at this point?

@kharmin.7683 said:

Are we sure that's even what
they
are good at making anymore? Isn't the team almost completely different people at this point?Perhaps if they were more able to focus on a limited selection of content rather than spreading out their resources?

They have kind of painted themselves into a corner. You're right, they really need to narrow their focus down on what content they are trying to push most (living story). However, this will further neglect the many other areas of the game (raids, fractals, wvw, pvp, ect) and they will lose all those players and those modes will become dead as EotM. It's also not easy to just have developers make context switches like that. Hiring more or moving the roles of developers to living story will have a ramp up time that people won't really start to see the effects of until way down the line. My point being they are probably stuck spread thin/under staffed and have to make due with what resources are where even though it's less than ideal.