Ice shard value decrease

I get that you increased drop rates, but still it would be nice to announce that you will increase the price of every item, because now every single ice shard earned before the patch has 1/3 of it's value, which is really really not cool imo... I was stacking them up to convert at once to ls4 currencies, now they are worth 1/3... little things like these will make me slowly and slowly stop playing the game... when the company just doesn't respect your time at all..

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Jura.2170 said:

@KingJoko.1625 said:things like these will make me slowly and slowly stop playing the game... when the company just doesn't respect your time at all..

I feel the same way too

Ppl spent lots of time getting them, and now they cant buy much at all

Bad things like this will make ppl want to play less or stop playing

Yep.. and I just found out you need to have the T2 boreal weapons to craft t3... very close to press that uninstall button

That's just dirty. I was trading them for kralk trying to catch up for astral/stellar (which are already a pain for someone who played PvP instead of w/e istan farm) and had saved mine the last week and a half thinking I'd have a tiny headstart for new episode. I get they're easy to get but this just sucks. Couldn't give a heads up? Only 13000 kralk to go so no big deal I guess... :(

@Tman.6349 said:That's just dirty. I was trading them for kralk trying to catch up for astral/stellar (which are already a pain for someone who played PvP instead of w/e istan farm) and had saved mine the last week and a half thinking I'd have a tiny headstart for new episode. I get they're easy to get but this just sucks. Couldn't give a heads up? Only 13000 kralk to go so no big deal I guess... :(

Same, I wanted to keep them in case new stuff from this ep needed it, and after that I wouldve used them on ls4 ones but.... yikes

L7PUOKj.jpgRight: Ancient version, Left = New version.

EDIT DISCLAIMER: I have read the patch note, but the way it's written rapidly, as late note, not even mentioning the new required amount, is suspicious.

My eyes, my memory and the wiki NEVER lie. You thought you would pass it secretly? NO! I refuse what you are doing, you are ruining that game and everything fun or profitable from it. Would it kills you that players could convert to ls4 mats at a reasonable price?! I ask you to undo that change and return to the 25 eternal ices needed vendor. I swear this is an impossible to erase bad move from you, definitely engraved on the wiki. I will remember that like how you nerfed Istan. 75? You thought what? You are definitely running into a wall, in any aspect of the game. Surely many players will remember that nerf too. You are now creating the worst legend about yourself that will stay in minds for weeks.

I was still hesitating about the game, but that treason or whatever is this in addition of the ugly "horse" another scar you released drive me more and more out of the game. Continue like that, nerf everything, nobody will play anymore. I would have liked to thanks you about the mystic clover at weekly lunar new year vendor, but it's just one per week, so no thanks from me. About the last decos, well 3 requiring to do 20x time not that great events that are just "take that, bring that to shrine", not even pine tree. I'm done. I can't try to see good things anymore, and one more time, you just shot yourself into your feet with stupid decisions. I have almost explored all the new map. Only 3 poi left, I hope that the boneskinner area cave+forest wasn't just that circle on the map.

Ah and PS, I've heard that several players loves fishing and being able to fish in game, guess what? They added a fishing rod skin for you! Frankly I just take that as a laugh at your faces...Of course, you will not see all the details of that in the release patch.

@KingJoko.1625 said:

@Tman.6349 said:That's just dirty. I was trading them for kralk trying to catch up for astral/stellar (which are already a pain for someone who played PvP instead of w/e istan farm) and had saved mine the last week and a half thinking I'd have a tiny headstart for new episode. I get they're easy to get but this just sucks. Couldn't give a heads up? Only 13000 kralk to go so no big deal I guess... :(

Same, I wanted to keep them in case new stuff from this ep needed it, and after that I wouldve used them on ls4 ones but.... yikes

Yeah, it's pretty rotten. The 'whoops, you salvaged your Restored Boreal' is a k8ck in the sack for a lot of people too it's looking like. Tbf, most of the LWs4 currencies are fairly reasonable imo considering how many you can reasonably acquire vs how many you need, with the exception of the COMPLETELY OUT OF LINE kralkatite ore. 16000! You get 1 (yes ONE) from each sunspear cashe and limit of one meta a day. Other than that you're farming meteors on a dead map with maybe one other person if you're lucky. That 200ish per day conversion was HUGE! That's like 4 hours of farming stupid meteors in one of the least interesting maps. Sorry for being sour but the 50 ectos for an exotic weapon already left a bit of a bad taste...this definitely makes a very frustrating set even worse. I'll let it go and just forget about it. Just seems super out of touch imo.

You know if you read patch notes you would spot these things.Its added today as a late note but still out before your post.

As frosty corruption spreads across the Bjora Marches, both the drop rates and vendor costs for Eternal Ice Shards have increased.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/96243/game-update-notes-january-28-2020#latest

EditOh what weapon can you reskin to fishing rod, sword?

@Linken.6345 said:Its added today as a late note but still out before your post.

As frosty corruption spreads across the Bjora Marches, both the drop rates and vendor costs for Eternal Ice Shards have increased.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/96243/game-update-notes-january-28-2020#latest

Still it doesn't justify it. And well it's a late note as you say. I only check original ones. But note they aren't explicitly saying increased by how much.I would have preferred two different currencies. I guess if doesn't shock you well... Anet will continue to nerf rewards after that. Because nobody says nothing.

@Linken.6345 said:Oh what weapon can you reskin to fishing rod, sword?

The fishing rod is a staff.

@hugo.4705 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Its added today as a late note but still out before your post.

Still it doesn't justify it. And well it's a late note as you say. I only check original ones. But note they aren't explicitly saying increased by how much.I would have preferred two different currencies. I guess if doesn't shock you well... Anet will continue to nerf rewards after that. Because nobody says nothing.

@Linken.6345 said:Oh what weapon can you reskin to fishing rod, sword?

The fishing rod is a staff.

Aint that late note added like 20 mins before the update hit tho so plenty of time to notice it?

Don't mean to 'derail' the thread, but the apathy makes me think people won't care so I'll point out there's been a 'fishing rod' skinned weapon in the game for, I think, about 5 years called the Improvised Longbow. I haven't seen the staff so it's probably not as completely epic as this new thing. Can you actually fish with the staff skin?

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:what exactly is the problem? so they changed the conversion rate. No big deal. Just go to the maps or farm your home instance.It means that if you had a lot of eternal ice shards, they are suddenly worth only a third of their previous value.Basically, Anet removed 2/3 of everyone's eternal ice shards' reserves without explanation. They've just camouflaged it so it's not immediately apparent.

@"Dante.1763" said:Yea..ive played for 30 minutes and ive gotten 200 just from events and such, the drop rate is really high now.

That's not the issue. The issues is the 2/3 of time Anet invalidated for people who were already farming them. Say someone spent 9 hours farming them, Anet just took 6 of those hours and went "meh" and threw them in the trash.